Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX Mappers! - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Sorry! I just didn't know what category it would go in. Don't know if it's a mapper issue or just something stupid I am doing, so I was trying reach different people.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 13 @ 9:06 am
how i can get it?!?!?
the mapper?
just saying that "Your current licenses do not allow you to download Controllers"
can anybody sent the mapper file to me?

Posted Sat 26 Oct 13 @ 7:44 am
Hi,

just register your Professional Full license here: http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

and download the mapper from the Download section. Not that complicated.

Greets, Heiko

P.S: Nobody will send you a mapper by eMail beause this would be against the license agreement and nobody would like to use his payed license just because of you.

Posted Sat 26 Oct 13 @ 7:55 am
varocenHome userMember since 2010
Me pueden mandar el mapper del ddj-sx para virtual??

Posted Sat 16 Nov 13 @ 7:45 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

The Pioneer DDJ-SX is natively supported in the latest version of VirtualDJ and no mappers need to be downloaded.

If you like VirtualDJ, then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it (Especially if you are a working DJ and you are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

DO NOT ask users to send you plugins to which you are not currently entitled or your account will be locked.

Posted Sun 17 Nov 13 @ 10:54 am
Attention to ALL DDJ-SX users:

As you may already know, when I initially wrote the mapper + definition file for the DDJ-SX I didn't had a unit available in front of me.
I finally bought a unit a few days ago and I was able to figure out why there was poor jog perfomance on some cases, plus a few other things.

So, I have updated my mapper today and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone that uses my mapper >>> LINK <<< to update ASAP.

Technical Info that you can ignore:

DDJ-SX (and similar controllers) handle their LEDs on a firmware level. For instance, while you actually see only 16 LEDs on the pads (8 per side) the firware of the device actually receives commands for 4 decks x 8 padmodes x 2 modes (shifted/plain) x 8 pads = 512 LEDS
VirtualDj WILL constantly send info (led status change) for all these LEDs even if you don't actually see them. For instance, when you are operating HOTCUE mode on deck 1, the SLICER led updates on the same deck are still send by VirtualDj on the unit.
So here's where the original problem with poor jog performance lies: There is a limit on notes polyphony that the MIDI protocol can handle. Above this limit, the rest of the notes get buffered and this causes breaked up performance.

The "solution" is quite simple as a concept: We need to instruct VirtualDj to control the various LEDs of the controller only when there's a need to be done. For instance we must instruct VirtualDj to controll the "SLICER" leds ONLY when we're on "SLICER" mode on a deck and not all the time.
That's EXACTLY what this mapper does!

Posted Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 1:54 am
I thoroughly enjoyed your technical info George.. hopefully now the beta is about to be released we will see more of you on here!

Posted Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 3:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
PhantomDeejay wrote :
... We need to instruct VirtualDj to control the various LEDs of the controller only when there's a need to be done. For instance we must instruct VirtualDj to controll the "SLICER" leds ONLY when we're on "SLICER" mode on a deck and not all the time.
That's EXACTLY what this mapper does!

Not easy at all to do something like that though. I mean , ok, you can do that with some extra lines of mapping, but how the software can tell if a LED is "visible" or not ?
In other words, the software will always take care of ALL the LEDs, and we just need to see if we can provide some solutions with mapper actions.

But, anyways, that was a good solution George. Well done ;)

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 11:53 am
Fortunatelly, for the SX that was easy enough since the padmode buttons send midi messages.
Each padmode button sets a variable and this variable is now part of the leds illumination code.

We only care for the leds because it's computers midi output that reaches its max capacity and breaks performance.

PS: It's not the fact that VDJ controls too many leds at once that brakes performance. It's the fact that it might send too many midi out messages at once in its attempt to update the leds status.

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 1:23 pm
Version 1.2.1 is UP!

I fixed a couple of "bugs" introduced with version 1.2 and I also re-included the User Manual.

Enjoy!

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 5:11 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks for this update.
I will report any issues after my stress test in the weekend.

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 3:48 pm
This is just what I needed, Phantom. My number one complaint has always been the nasty jog dial response. I was on the verge of selling it until you came along with this update. It is so perfect now. Thank you so much.

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 12:05 am
dj4uuuLE userMember since 2008
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Version 1.2.1 is UP!

I fixed a couple of "bugs" introduced with version 1.2 and I also re-included the User Manual.

Enjoy!

Hi Phantom can you please send me the link for download of you mapping for the pioneer Sx and Virtual 7.4

Thanks in advance

hugs

Posted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 2:25 pm
You can't download or use mappings unless you're using the full Pro VDJ.

Posted Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 11:14 am
THANK YOU George for this mapper. It easily outperforms Serato! Latency and sound quality problems are history! The only thing I can't wrap my head around is the effects... is there a writeup for the basics somewhere? I'm sure this will be all changed with 8, but until then, BRAVO.

Posted Tue 14 Jan 14 @ 9:49 am
On mapper's download page the second icon will allow you to download an instructions PDF file.
Everything is explained in there...

Posted Tue 14 Jan 14 @ 12:33 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
On mapper's download page the second icon will allow you to download an instructions PDF file.
Everything is explained in there...

\m/ thanks!

Posted Tue 14 Jan 14 @ 3:25 pm
I performed 2 shows live last weekend with the mapper. It's a success! I did have one crash while loading a video from Content Unlimited then simultaneously loading another local vid on the other deck: an old bug unrelated to the mapper. I have to say I like it. I was able to bring the sample rate for ASIO down to 256ms & 2 kernels with no lag. After having unpredictable audio levels and being unwilling to hand edit or rescan 100k files, I decided to change the gain to gain_relative in the mapper with autogain disabled in the options. Most files push right up to 0db anyhow, so that works well. Just have one request: is it possible to map the 1 &2 buttons above each channel to enable left or right effects (2 effects mode) on each channel (ie Serato style).? And also thinking about the possibility of some hotkeys for the 4 bank sampler plugin. Page + Sampler button would be killer! Once again, thanks! It was fun seeing the DJ envy last weekend with everything the SX, VDJ and this mapper can do together!

Posted Tue 21 Jan 14 @ 9:11 pm
A bug I found in the latest mapper version.-:

When switching to deck 3 or 4, the "key lock" button does indeed work, but the led doesn't - it's always off.

Posted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 11:21 am
Thanks for reporting that.
The code for the LED seems 100% right but I will test it ASAP

Posted Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 11:41 pm
71%