Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX Mappers! - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

Awesome mapper, I think the only issue (which it's not really a big issue, just a minor annoyance for me) is that the 'sync' buttons on the controller seem to light up even when sync is not being used. Also it seems like shift+sync doesn't turn sync off..

No major issues, but if you have a way to change this that would be awesome!

Thanks for all the effort!

Posted Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 6:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no Sync On/Off state for VirtualDJ. Simply, each time you press Sync on a deck, it syncs with the other one.
SHIFT+SYNC if not mistaken is assigned to manually select the Master Deck. Please see here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Masterdeck.html

You could also assign SHIFT+SYNC or any other key as beatlock, which is more or less a status for the deck you have applied that, to always stay on beat (synced)... think like someone is keep pressing Sync while you scratch.

Posted Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 2:02 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not after the sync function as I never really use it (and the rare case that I do, I'm just being lazy), all I want is the button to not light up when sync isn't active and vica versa (if possible). Like I said, it's not a major issue and not something that is wrong with the mapper or VDJ itself, but if anyone knows how to change it, then it would make my OCD non existent when using VDJ and my DDJSX :)

Also just out of curiosity (as I haven't properly tried it yet) does the microphone work on the third channel even if the 2 deck skin is being used? And does it work with a song playing on deck 1? (deck 1 and 3 are on the left side together incase you don't have a DDJSX).

Thanks again!

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 4:15 am
Nathan if you want SYNC button to stop blinking on beat just find the "LED_SYNC" entry on your mapper and change it's command to "off"

Also yes, the MIC works fine no matter if it's on deck 1 or 4 (you can't connect a mic on deck 3) and it doesn't matter if you use 2 or 4 deck skins

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 12:07 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Nathan if you want SYNC button to stop blinking on beat just find the "LED_SYNC" entry on your mapper and change it's command to "off"

Also yes, the MIC works fine no matter if it's on deck 1 or 4 (you can't connect a mic on deck 3) and it doesn't matter if you use 2 or 4 deck skins

The mic 1 connection is on deck 3, which is the one I want to use, mic 2 doesn't have the connection I want to use which is on deck 4.

If I connect the mic up to the mic 1 input will it still run off deck 4? Or would I need to use the second mic input? If not is there anyway to have it set up so that I can use the mic 1 connection on any deck (preferably either decks 3 or 4.)

Thanks!

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 10:10 pm
I was typing from my smartphone and I messed things up...

SO:
DDJ-SX has the following layout:
3-1-2-4

You can connect MIC's on CH 3 & 4

These MIC inputs are hardware controlled. You can use them but only by switching the "source" switch in the front side of the unit for the channel you wish to use.
The audio from the mic's won't be routed through VirtualDj. It will come out from SX as any other analog source.
This also means that if you use a MIC on CH 3 you can't route it's sound to come out from CH 4. You'll have to change place on the connection cable, or use a second mic.

HOWEVER:
Switching back and forth to PC and analog sources on DDJ SX works as expected. You can have your audio playing from any deck you may wish, switch the input to MIC, use the MIC and then switch the CH back to PC. No problem with that. The only "problem" is that if deck 3 is on air and you want to use the MIC that's connected on CH3 you won't be able to control the volume of deck 3 while you're using your MIC

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 4:00 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I was typing from my smartphone and I messed things up...

SO:
DDJ-SX has the following layout:
3-1-2-4

You can connect MIC's on CH 3 & 4

These MIC inputs are hardware controlled. You can use them but only by switching the "source" switch in the front side of the unit for the channel you wish to use.
The audio from the mic's won't be routed through VirtualDj. It will come out from SX as any other analog source.
This also means that if you use a MIC on CH 3 you can't route it's sound to come out from CH 4. You'll have to change place on the connection cable, or use a second mic.

HOWEVER:
Switching back and forth to PC and analog sources on DDJ SX works as expected. You can have your audio playing from any deck you may wish, switch the input to MIC, use the MIC and then switch the CH back to PC. No problem with that. The only "problem" is that if deck 3 is on air and you want to use the MIC that's connected on CH3 you won't be able to control the volume of deck 3 while you're using your MIC

Awesome! That's exactly what I wanted to know, you're a legend. I will be properly testing the DDJSX with VDJ for the first proper time tomorrow night. I have played with it quite a bit at home, so am looking forward to using it in a more professional environment.

Thank you mate.

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 5:58 am
Hi there,

Used this mapper again this weekend at a wedding and had an issue.. So basically it was all working fine and well for roughly 3 and a half hours, when suddenly my left deck (both channels 1 and 3) were speeding up the tracks.. My pitch wasn't changed, or anything as such, the biggest issue was this was during the dancing time.. I had this issue once before during dinner (at another wedding) and I knew from that one instance that I needed to reset my software and DDJ-SX, so I embarrassingly had no choice but to do a quick reset.

Any known issue about this? It only affected the left decks, the right decks were playing fine, however the first time this issue happened it was the other way around. I couldn't figure out why it would just randomly do this. Both times were just out of the blue, working then suddenly messed up on me. Other than these two instances, the mapping and VDJ with my DDJ-SX has been perfect.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 9:15 am
Hi PhantomDeeJay, is this mapper for MAC only? I have a PC and I can't download it.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 14 @ 9:14 pm
dj latin lou wrote :
Hi PhantomDeeJay, is this mapper for MAC only? I have a PC and I can't download it.

PC & MAC

No difference...

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 6:49 pm
NathanPS wrote :
Hi there,

Used this mapper again this weekend at a wedding and had an issue.. So basically it was all working fine and well for roughly 3 and a half hours, when suddenly my left deck (both channels 1 and 3) were speeding up the tracks.. My pitch wasn't changed, or anything as such, the biggest issue was this was during the dancing time.. I had this issue once before during dinner (at another wedding) and I knew from that one instance that I needed to reset my software and DDJ-SX, so I embarrassingly had no choice but to do a quick reset.

Any known issue about this? It only affected the left decks, the right decks were playing fine, however the first time this issue happened it was the other way around. I couldn't figure out why it would just randomly do this. Both times were just out of the blue, working then suddenly messed up on me. Other than these two instances, the mapping and VDJ with my DDJ-SX has been perfect.

Thanks!

This has nothing to do with the mapper.
Most likely something went wrong with your system or the unit itself. If it happens again (we all hope it won't) please try to press the param buttons on the offensive deck... If this "fix" the issue then you have a "sticky" button.
If not, then it's something with your system...

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 6:52 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
dj latin lou wrote :

PC & MAC

No difference...

Ok. Thank you. I will try again.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 8:04 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
NathanPS wrote :
Hi there,

Thanks!

This has nothing to do with the mapper.
Most likely something went wrong with your system or the unit itself. If it happens again (we all hope it won't) please try to press the param buttons on the offensive deck... If this "fix" the issue then you have a "sticky" button.
If not, then it's something with your system...

Only worried because it's happened more than once. But if it happens again will try your suggestions.. Otherwise it might pay off to double check.

Posted Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 7:26 am
locosssHome userMember since 2014
I have a problem with downloading the software!it needs a licence number what is it?

Posted Thu 01 May 14 @ 3:36 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
lol ... only home free does not require a licence key. if you want to have another (higher) version you have to purchase befor you get a serial ...;-)
and i guess you are in the wrong topic .... this on is about the sx mapper ;-)

Posted Thu 01 May 14 @ 3:40 am
If you wish to be able to use the Pioneer DDJ-SX with VirtualDJ (Or any other MIDI controller) then you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Pro Infinity.

The DDJ-SX is natively supported in the latest version and no mapper installation is required. You can try it out for 10 minutes at a time before purchasing in the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE.

If you like VirtualDJ then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.

Posted Thu 01 May 14 @ 4:59 am
StilliPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi, thanks Phantom for the great work and advice.

I need a mono output from DDJ-SX and as far as I can see (new DDJ user) it has no means of switching to Mono but when I used the Advanced Config in VDJ Pro to set up mono outputs I seem to end up with two scenarios and I'm not sure if this is a mapping issue or a Software issue.

1. If I select the soundcard choice - Speakers (PIONEER DDJ_SX) it sounds ok but I lose the headphone cues.
2. If I select the soundcard choice - Pioneer DDJ_SX ASIO (ASIO) the cues work perfectly but the sound is unuseable.

I would be grateful for your advice regards these settings or to be directed to the correct topic.

Thank you.

Posted Thu 08 May 14 @ 2:35 pm
Definitely not a mapper issue. I haven't tried to set the unit in mono, but I will, and come back to you later.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:53 am
ZeniraxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I wonder if it will be updated to be compatible with the skin VDJ8

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 5:04 pm
My version 7 mapper will receive an update shortly. However you don't need it in order to work with "any" skin :)

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 5:45 am
95%