Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX Mappers! - Page: 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hola tengo virtual dj 8 con licencia y poseo una pionner ddj sx y no puedo colocar el mapper entro en la opcion y me figura todo en blanco . no entiendo que quiere decir poner el controlador en forma nativa alguien me puede ayudar gracias

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 9:24 am
Please use English or ask your question on your appropriate language forum.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 3:10 am
Hey Phantom,

I currently own the device, and I would like to work with you to continue improvements from Mapper2. I don't know how far you are from the Mapper3 release, but there are some rudimentary issues with what the board needs to do in correlation with it originally was intended to perform as. Overall, the fact that you got most of the keynames out in the open and organized by function groups is very good; better than the factory in some regards.

Examples of problems that I've found that are major:
- Major problems with the FX buttons; they should not run under the left/right decks, but as 'effect 1' and 'effect 2'... Respectively, their buttons and sliders ought be in similar format.
- Major problems with the secondary pad modes. For one example, the buttons under PAD MODE 1 (the secondary pad mode of HOT CUE) activates effect left, as opposed to effect [effect] as it should be.

Hope to hear from you soon on the issue,
David.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 2:41 am
DDJ-SX is supported natively in VirtualDj 8 and some of the "issues" you mention have been fixed (They are not issues, just a different approach to mapping the device)
Also the unit is supported natively in VirtualDj 7 with almost the same functionality as VirtualDj 8.
So, my original mapper is somehow deprecated. It was left on-line only for users that used it in the past and liked the "alternative" mapping better than the default.
If you have any questions on how to adjust the native mapper(s) to suit your needs, feel free to ask.
However, an update to my own mapper for SX is not going to come anymore.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 4:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)