Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX Mappers! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have been using VDJ since its was released.... from way back when... now I bought the DDJ-SX which comes with sera to... I have played my DDJ - SX with both programs and I can tell you VDJ works better for all but a major issue... This is a Question to VDJ Staff:

Why have VDJ had 10 time more updates than Serato and Traktor combined but still the output quality is poor. This is a main reason why many people are having issues with VDJ. the program and staff is Awesome... I commend you but can we get atleast the serato Quality... I am a dj the travels the world and people look at me like im crazy when they realize im using VDJ, however I feel like I have to work ten times harder just to compete with the Quality of Serato users... can we work out some kinks here, and we cant wait til VDJ 8 is released, thank you

Y2K Sounds

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 7:44 pm
SintarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Well first off, your comment above ^ is clearly not in the correct thread here, this is a thread about Mapping for the DDJ-SX, not about VDJ sound quality.

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 10:11 pm
2 questions
1. Confused on what mode the DDJ-SX should be in for the Native mapper? Is it suppossed to be in other serato mode?
2. Is sampler volume mapped or will the samples volume have to just be adjusted threw program during play.
oops one more are we supposed to keep definition file?

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 4:11 pm
1. On all cases you should switch your unit BACK to SERATO mode. The "other" mode was needed when we didn't had native support!
2. Yes, sampler volume is mapped.
3. No, you should not keep the definition file. In fact YOU HAVE TO DELETE IT for the mappers to work properly!

Thanks!

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 1:45 am
Thanks for mapping the DDJ-SX. I just bought one the other day and was super happy to know that I don't have to switch away from VDJ as I don't like any other program. WOW, you have everything mapped out just right... it's awesome. Thank You

Hey I do have a question. when I press the CENSOR button, all it does is reverse the track and then it starts back forward when I release it. It was my impression that it would make a sound like it was in reverse BUT when you released the button I thought it was supposed to continue where IT WOULD HAVE BEEN had you NOT pressed the censor button. I guess the whole point of the censor button is to CENSOR out a word that you don't want played BUT it doesn't do that. Instead like I said it just reverses it and then I release it and it goes back forward.

For example if the track is playing and there is a bad word at 0:30 secs I'd like to hit the CENSOR button for 3 seconds and it sound like a reverse but when I let the button go after 3 secs it SHOULD be at :33 secs

But the way it does now is if the track is playing and there is a bad word at 0:30 secs I hit the CENSOR button for 3 seconds and it reverses the track and when I let the button go after 3 secs it is at :27 secs! ???

What am I doing wrong?

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 11:02 pm
CENSOR = dump while_pressed
SHIFT + CENSOR = reverse while_pressed

In other words: Just make sure you DON'T have the shift button pressed when you press the CENSOR button.

Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 2:43 am
Hello Phantom,

Could you please explain how the "Wheel Mode “Loop In/Out” work? I've tried moving the jog wheel as well as other buttons but can't seem to get a result.

Thank You

Posted Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 1:01 am
For these modes to work, you must enter a loop first.

So, enter a loop.
While the deck is in loop, press down and hold SHIFT & then press the "loop in" button.
Now, if you move the jog the loop_in point of your loop will change position (fine tuning)
To exit this mode simply press SHIFT+ Loop in buttons once again.

Same rule goes for loop out too...

PS: If the deck is NOT looping the jogs won't enter "loop_in" or "loop_out" mode (there's embedded security on the mapper for this so that you won't accidentally switch modes and find yourself with "unresponsive" jogs)

Posted Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 7:43 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
For these modes to work, you must enter a loop first.

So, enter a loop.
While the deck is in loop, press down and hold SHIFT & then press the "loop in" button.
Now, if you move the jog the loop_in point of your loop will change position (fine tuning)
To exit this mode simply press SHIFT+ Loop in buttons once again.

Same rule goes for loop out too...

PS: If the deck is NOT looping the jogs won't enter "loop_in" or "loop_out" mode (there's embedded security on the mapper for this so that you won't accidentally switch modes and find yourself with "unresponsive" jogs)

Thank you.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 9:21 am
hi i have the pioneer ddj sx i was trying to used with vdj i have 7.4v but when i download the mapped that i try to opened up i cames out a white page like internet explorer and the other question is when i conned my ddi sx with vdj and i play the sons and i have all the channels down and the only one that is up is the master level the music start sound idk why can someone help me plz thanks

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 12:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 4:29 pm
djmirage3 wrote :
Thanks for mapping the DDJ-SX. I just bought one the other day and was super happy to know that I don't have to switch away from VDJ as I don't like any other program. WOW, you have everything mapped out just right... it's awesome. Thank You

Hey I do have a question. when I press the CENSOR button, all it does is reverse the track and then it starts back forward when I release it. It was my impression that it would make a sound like it was in reverse BUT when you released the button I thought it was supposed to continue where IT WOULD HAVE BEEN had you NOT pressed the censor button. I guess the whole point of the censor button is to CENSOR out a word that you don't want played BUT it doesn't do that. Instead like I said it just reverses it and then I release it and it goes back forward.

For example if the track is playing and there is a bad word at 0:30 secs I'd like to hit the CENSOR button for 3 seconds and it sound like a reverse but when I let the button go after 3 secs it SHOULD be at :33 secs

But the way it does now is if the track is playing and there is a bad word at 0:30 secs I hit the CENSOR button for 3 seconds and it reverses the track and when I let the button go after 3 secs it is at :27 secs! ???

What am I doing wrong?

PhantomDeejay wrote :
CENSOR = dump while_pressed
SHIFT + CENSOR = reverse while_pressed

In other words: Just make sure you DON'T have the shift button pressed when you press the CENSOR button.

Yeah I figured that's how it was supposed to work, but it's not doing that for me.

When I press JUST the censor button, it reverses it and when I release it - the song starts from how ever far back it reversed it to.

Posted Fri 03 May 13 @ 2:50 am

Posted Fri 03 May 13 @ 1:50 pm
Check whether safe mode is enabled or not in VirtualDJ's options.

When enabled, for some users this can stop dump while_pressed from working correctly.

Posted Sat 04 May 13 @ 4:03 pm
Support staff wrote :
Check whether safe mode is enabled or not in VirtualDJ's options.

When enabled, for some users this can stop dump while_pressed from working correctly.

Thank You so much! That was it. My issue is solved now!

Not sure why I ever had safe mode on anyway. Would there be any reason why I would need that on? Or is it fine to keep it off?

Posted Mon 06 May 13 @ 3:07 am
It's normally on by default as a safety feature to ensure compatibility with the widest range of sound cards.

Posted Mon 06 May 13 @ 5:22 pm
alguien me puede ayudar con el mappers para mi pioneer ddj sx no travaja bien el video cuando le vajo el volumen se avaja la vision del video y lo subo y se sube tambien que puedo hacer para eliminar esa opcion

Posted Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 12:59 pm
por favor, escriba en Inglés o utilizar el foro español

Please post in English or use the Spanish forum

Posted Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 1:17 pm
Just bought my ddj-sx and everything seems to work fine except the cue buttons. I can get sound out of my headphones if I turn on master cue but that's it. Is that a mapping issue? If not, do you know what it may be?

Posted Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 10:04 pm

Posted Thu 08 Aug 13 @ 3:37 am
48%