Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX Mappers! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Okay. Just to let you know, I'm creating 3 new mappers for the DDJ-SX.

1st mapper will be the current native mapper, only that it will have some commands fixed so that it will be able to be used with 2 or 4 deck skins without any issues!
Update: Atomix released an official fix of the native mapper. You can find it here: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15822/Pioneer_DDJ-SX_(Native).html
2nd mapper will be an update to my own old mapper so that it will now use the built-in device definition file.
3rd mapper will be an advanced mapper with commands I originally wanted to include on my own first mapper but I decided to leave out since I was trying to copy the physical layout of the controller at the time.

Thanks!!!

PS: I still don't own the unit, but I felt I should provide some support to all DDJ-SX users that used my first mapper in first place!

Mapper1 Download Link: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15822/Pioneer_DDJ-SX_(Native).html (Official Atomix Mapper)
Mapper2 Download Link: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15383/Pioneer_DDJ-SX.html
Mapper3 Download Link: (Not Available Yet)

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 2:07 am
SintarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Cheers mate. We all appreciate your work!

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 6:06 am
Sounds good George :-)
Thank you.

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 7:49 am
Sent you PM. Can you take a look att that?
Thank you, Tomas.

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 12:41 pm
Thanx!!

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 4:53 pm
The native mapper fix is already uploaded and pending for approval.
The rest mappers should follow right afterwards!

Posted Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 3:14 am
Awesome job, George.

Posted Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 3:31 am
Just to let you know, my own mapper was updated today. Now it no longer needs a device definition file, and you must switch your unit back to "Serato Mode".

Version 1.1 also features the following changes from the previous version (1.0.2b)

1. Changed SLIP button to use the native "SLIP MODE" and "SLIP"
  2. Changed the ROLL pads behavior to use the native LOOP ROLL commands
  3. Fixed the JOG LEDS illumination problem
  4. Re-programmed the JOGS (different code, same functionality)

You can download it HERE

PS: As always, this mapper will work correctly with 2 or 4 deck skins!

Thanks!

Posted Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 2:33 am
PhantomDeejay,so current mapper in 7.4 is your original mapper with 2/4 deck issues,please correct me if I'm wrong.Because I have not updated to 7.4 and I am using a 2 deck skin.Thank you.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 10:42 pm
No, there is an issue in 7.4 native mapper in FX strings too. But when you upgrade to 7.4 and use Georges mapper everything is working just fine.
Tested .
Regards Tomas.

Posted Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 3:21 am
Thanks Tomas,have a good Easter everyone.

Posted Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 10:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Tjeck1972 wrote :
No, there is an issue in 7.4 native mapper in FX strings too. But when you upgrade to 7.4 and use Georges mapper everything is working just fine.
Tested .
Regards Tomas.

I believe the 'issue' is just that its mapped differently and that this is intentional.

Posted Sat 30 Mar 13 @ 7:23 am
SBDJ wrote :
Tjeck1972 wrote :
Tested .
Regards Tomas.

I believe the 'issue' is just that its mapped differently and that this is intentional.

OK, issue is not right word. But it is unlogicaly mapped( for me). It is good that users has few choices.

Regards Tomas.

Posted Sat 30 Mar 13 @ 7:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Absolutely :)

Posted Sat 30 Mar 13 @ 2:04 pm
I installed your mapper into the "mappers" folder like you're supposed to. When I turn on my DDJ-SX it shows up in the mapper list as the Pioneer DDJ-WeGo.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

The controls are completely off.

Any help is greatly appreaciated.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 13 @ 4:13 pm
I hope this is not the incorrect place to post my question, apologies if it is.

I was hoping someone would know how to make the needle search work even in play mode?

Also, the official mapper does not come with any info file, does anyone know of somewhere where this can be found so I can see the difference between the two.
Cheers

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 4:06 am
On my mapper you can use needle search even if the deck is playing by holding down the SHIFT button first.
If you wish to change this and have the needle working all the time without the need to press the shift button then I can help you to do so. Just let me know.

The official mappers (for any device supported by VirtualDj) don't include manuals or info files. Usually they just try to "copy" the controller's layout / command buttons.
If you need to see what action is mapped in each button then you must open the mappers tab and read the code of the buttons. However you must be somewhat familiar with VDJ Script to understand the code.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 6:06 am
Hello, thanks for the reply.

If its easy to tell me what to change to get the needle search working all the time the that wold be great, but if its a bit of pain then ill just try to get used to using the shift key.

I not sure if its as easy as a sound byte, but are there many differences in your mapper compared to the official one?

It's hard to know which one to use.

Thanks again.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 6:26 am
There are a few differences, mostly in the way the effects are mapped between the two mappers.

In order to change the needle search open VDJ configuration, go to mappers and search for the "NEEDLE_SEARCH" item on the left.
When you find it, click on it.
On the right side you should see some code.
Erase that code and type "song_pos" (without the quotes)

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 7:35 am
Excellent, thanks for your help!

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 8:55 am
24%