Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Slideshow picture stretched V5 [SOLVED] - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not complete yet; I've got a few things left to finish, then it will be available in the usual plugin manner :)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 10:58 am
Scott is def. the man for his efforts, but I believe it's still in testing. It most likely will be in the plugin page on this site when't it's good-to-go.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 11:00 am
GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yep Scotts the man!

Sorry I haven't got back to you. Been a bit hectic with a few things.
I'll give it a good thrash tomorrow with the videos etc to see if there are any hic cups. Let us know when you get the final version done and I'll give it another thrash.

Scott, noticed you are in the UK? Do you ever got to PLASA? If you do I'll meet you at the bar!!

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 4:40 pm
I didn't make it last year, but I'm registered for this year :)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 9:47 am
GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Scott!

Just gave it a good thrashing and it works brilliantly, all the pictures are how they should be. All that needs doing is the transition like we said.
It is pretty cool to have a video in the background during picture transitions though lol!
Although having something like 'Call on me' during wedding pics probably won't work!

Shame the dev team can't get this sorted first rather than add on other new features ;0)

Keep up the good work, let us know when you get it sussed. And let me know if you will be going to PLASA, I got my freebie ticket sorted!

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 3:18 am
taninaCUE userMember since 2007
How do I get the fix? I have a slideshow to do next Tuesday and I would prefer the fix over trying to correct each individual picture.
Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 10:16 am
Glad it worked for you :)

I'll have a look at adding the transition asap...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 11:47 am
OK, I've finally had time to change the plugin so that if "Transition" is disabled, you get no gap between pictures. If "Transition" is enabled, the pictures fade into each other. Just like the original slideshow plugin ;)

I must stress that this is still very much beta, and far from perfect, but if you'd like to give it a go then let me know. I'm going to be brave and try it out at tonights gig!

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 9:39 am
I'd like to give it a go.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 10:25 am
Hi Scott, same here. How do we get the plug in? I'll try it tonight.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:52 pm
Hey gang, I have been PMing with Chris from support. He claims he didn't know about the problem with the slideshow but I just noticed he responded to the problem back in August. It's on Page 1, at the bottom, user name "cstoll". Interesting note about VDJ, they seem to be more concern realising a newer version (5.1) than fixing the problems of the old version. And I bet 5.1 won't correct the slideshow problem.
(Where's the shovel.)

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 6:07 pm
infoHome userMember since 2021
Hi Scott,

Would be another person very interested in trying the slideshow plug in... As Gilbz and others has said it's a shame VDJ didn't fix the built in one but hey a solution that works is all we want... If that means using a plug in then so be it!

Suppose from VDJ point it must be really difficult as they have everyone wanting new features and new features bring in more sales which means more money for DEV and a larger user base... BUT at the same time they should be looking after their existing customers... And i really can't understand why a problem that has been within the software since at least version 4 if not earlier (i was on another software and didn't try any slide show stuff when version 3 was around) hasn't been fixed BEFORE new features have been added... i would rather have VDJ as it is without VDJ trying to push through version 5.1 BUT have everything working as it should than have an early release of 5.1

And yes i love new toys to play with too... But i love stability more... That's one thing i can say the makers of OTS have always got right where other companies haven't... Yes their users moan about lack of updates and promises of new versions and add ons taking forever to come out... But at least when they are released they are fully working and rock solid...

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 3:55 am
Count me in Scott for a beta test.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 4:28 am
The major problem here is that you can't really blame Atomix. As I understand it, the original SlideShow plugin was coded by a member of the community. The Dev Team don't have the source code, so can't make any changes - they would have to start from scratch.

I ran a test last night, 5 hours solid and it didn't crash which is a good start in my book LOL! All the pictures displayed with their original aspect ratio.

I also noticed something else - the original slideshow plugin causes a small pause in the VDJ video output when a new picture loads which has been especially noticable since running my scrolling text plugin. I haven't experienced this with my new version as yet, however I've coded it so that the loading and processing takes place in a seperate thread from the drawing.

Definately a lot tougher a plugin to code than I thought given my extremely limited DirectX experience!!

I'm going to upload it now, obviously this is very much a beta version and you try it at your own risk. That said, all feedback is of course welcome.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 6:11 am
OK, I've submitted it for upload, so am waiting for the Team to approve it for download. There was a small warning when I uploaded, but hopefully it went through OK!

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 6:20 am
Hi Scott, one thing. Where will we find it? Will it be in the video effect plugin section?

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 9:43 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Ok I'm testing it.

Just to be sure: Do you have the function to close the thread in Release(), something like:
// Wait until the thread has terminated.

WaitForSingleObject(hThread, INFINITE);

or something more dangereous:
TerminateThread(hThread,0)

Microsoft wrote :

TerminateThread is a dangerous function that should only be used in the most extreme cases. You should call TerminateThread only if you know exactly what the target thread is doing, and you control all of the code that the target thread could possibly be running at the time of the termination. For example, TerminateThread can result in the following problems:

* If the target thread owns a critical section, the critical section will not be released.
* If the target thread is allocating memory from the heap, the heap lock will not be released.
* If the target thread is executing certain kernel32 calls when it is terminated, the kernel32 state for the thread's process could be inconsistent.
* If the target thread is manipulating the global state of a shared DLL, the state of the DLL could be destroyed, affecting other users of the DLL.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 10:33 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When we open a new file in SlideShow mode, the new picture is not taken in account. We have to disable the SlideShow mode and enable it again. Otherwise it looks stable and ok for me. I will release it tonight I think.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 10:42 am
You should recognise the code ;)

ULONG __stdcall CSBDJSlideShow::Release()

{
started = false;
WaitForSingleObject(hThread, INFINITE);
delete this;
return 0;
}

I know there will be issues with it, hence it being a beta version ;) When I get more time there are a few tweaks and cleaning up I'd like to do...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 10:45 am
djcel wrote :
When we open a new file in SlideShow mode, the new picture is not taken in account. We have to disable the SlideShow mode and enable it again. Otherwise it looks stable and ok for me. I will release it tonight I think.

Cool, I'll have a look at resolving that this weekend - I suspect I forgot to reset the timer ;)

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 10:46 am
32%