Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Slideshow picture stretched V5 [SOLVED] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So I posted this in the technical issues and didin't realise it was in the wrong forum.

So why are my Slideshows stretching the picture?

A vertical picture is stretched widthways to fill the screen, why? How do I change this??

I was told to search on the plug ins and nope, no answer unless it's hidden!

Cheers!

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:55 pm
I've been complaining about this for almost 2 years now...I was hoping it would be fixed in 5.0, but nope.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:37 pm
Another vote for this- doesn't really make sense for this not to be implemented!

Maybe somebody could report it in the bugs section of the forum as well, since it's a plugin that's been developed by atomix and included with the program as standard.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No do not report it as a bug as it's not a bug in the application. It's a design change in the plugin that is necessary.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:23 pm
It it going to be addressed? This is something I use on a weekly basis. In the past, I've gone into photoshop and had to add a black bacground for the specific monitor the audience would be seeing. That's such a pain that I've switched to (believe it or not) Window's slide show feauture because it just works. I'd prefer to use VDJ's though.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:34 pm
Thank you...please keep us up to date on this?

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 10:47 pm
does it do it with all photos or just some that you cropped. I know that I have a couple of photos that stretches but most don't... Just curious

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 7:34 am
Every single photo will stretch to 100% fill whatever display it is displayed on. A 1 pixel x 1 pixel image will fill the screen; a hottie in a miniskirt will turn into a 400 pound hippo too...

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:15 am
Works very well to make Kate Moss look fairly attractive!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:00 pm
lol

Well I don't touch the origional pictures and it stretches them, like I said before in another thread where I was told off for posting it there, I had a picture of a bride and Groom in front of the Eiffel Tower.

The picture was stretched widthways and they looked like 2ftx2ft dwarfs!

Bad news, I too have had to use Windows picture viewer in slideshow mode, not ideal but it beats VDJ!!!!!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 6:59 pm
It would be nice too that at the same time they would fix it so that the slideshow would continue at the picture that it left off when going from a video than back to a slideshow when you start another audio-only.

As it is now, people see the same pictures over and over again at the beginning of a large folder with many pictures.

Does anyone else notice this.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:28 pm
I do notice that as well. It would be nice if it would pick up where it left off, but for now, I'd be happy if it just maintained the aspect ratio of the original picture.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:02 pm
No reply from the dev team then!

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 11:00 pm
Just because there is no reply, doesn't mean they aren't aware of it and will be fixing it... allot going on with the new version just releasing and still packaging the Numark products (CUE & VV)... patience guys...

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 11:55 pm
And while they are fixing that bit of slideshow, perhaps get them to fix the fact that everytime it's started, it restarts on image one, instead of continuing on from the last image that was run. The least image is stored in the INI, but the plugin is not restarting from that point.

Most annoying for those that use the plugin for "When no video present" option in video, because it always shows the same first 20 images.

(I haven't however checked if this bug is still present in v5)

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 6:29 am
halo_djk wrote :
(I haven't however checked if this bug is still present in v5)

It's not a bug... it's not designed to start from where it left off. You are asking for an improvement, not correcting a problem.

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 10:46 am
But, But, But... In the INI file it records the last file played

[AutoParams]
Switch SlideShow 2=1
Slider SlideShow Delay 3=218
Switch Smooth 4=1
String filename 5=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Water lilies.jpg

And the file is rewritten each time the image is updated, or the plugin closed.

It remembers if you close VDJ and re run the plugin, it only starts from the beginning when used in between video files as a "When no video present" option for some reason

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 1:33 pm
Well OK, OK, OK, -- is that enough to counter your Buts? -- Touché, you got me... just not properly coded. Still wouldn't per se call it a bug as much as missed logic? But you got me... sorry, carry on.....

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 6:36 pm
lol calm down ladies!

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 2:47 am
lol, no probs, I think it has to do with the way VDJ freezes the plugin until the video fader is moved across to the side that has no video. when you first load the mp3, the video preview shows the next (Or correct saved) file in the window, when you move the video slider accross to alow the plugin to "Run", it then jumps to the first slide.

As I say, if you run it, remember the last slide, close VDJ, and re open VDJ, then run slideshow again, the correct "next" slide appears, and continues to play from that point. If the plugin is called as a replacement for a audio only file and frozen (while the video slider is on the other deck playing a video file) then un-freeze it, then theres a problem.

(Hey is 409 posts enough for another star, I'd love another star... =)

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:18 am
8%