Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Slideshow picture stretched V5 [SOLVED] - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I think I've fixed that; I'll PM you a link to an updated DLL for you to try out.

Thanks,

Scott

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 10:57 am
taninaCUE userMember since 2007
Thanks for working on this fix, Scott. I have another question. Somewhere I thought I read to make sure I had the latest directx 9 Novermber 2007 for the slideshow. I download from one site and the file was 64 megs. I open it and it put all the zip files in a folder I assigned. Now what? I don't know what to do now. Extract all the folders? Then what after that. The site I downloaded the file didn't have instructions.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 6:51 pm
Oops, sorry. Found the instructions. But another question came up. I already have Directx 9.0c installed. Is that the same as the Directx 9.0c November 2007 redist.? Just installed it into my computer (without installing the directx I downloaded). There's no change. Do I need to install the directx? SBDJ Slideshow is listed in the video effects tab but there is no operation. It's just listed without any buttons or adjustments. Is this right?

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 7:07 pm
Are you on Vista or XP?

The November 2007 update has extra libraries that older versions don't. The easiest way to keep up to date is to just use the web installer here.

If you don't get any joy, let me know and I can probably send you a "debug build" to try and help narrow the problem down.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 9:49 pm
Testing now on backup system, looks f@&*in awesome Scott! Backup system doesnt have second output setup, but playing with the video window size, and creating new screen res's ive never seen before, the plugin gets it right every time, well done!

Am i correct in presuming the transition is a fade to black, then a fade in on the new image? Or is it actually fading from one image into another. If its the latter a slider allowing the user to set how fast the transition takes would we a great addition, if its easy to add. If the transition is fading to black first, this slider wouldnt be needed as slowing the transition down would not make it look any better.

Im not sure how hard the transitions are to code, but some extra transitions like wipes ect would be great if you get bored one day after all your other projects are done. No hurry for this addition, would just be the icing on a very nice plugin cake!

Just a few thoughts!

Again well done. and perhaps have a word with the devs once all the testing is done, about replacing the existing slideshow plugin with yours, it is so much better!

Kym

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 11:10 pm
Hi Scott, I'm using XP. I already tried to install the dxsetup.exe program and the plugin and the pictures are still wrong. I don't connect my console system to the net and from what I've read some sites require internet connection to install directx9.0c November 2007. A site I found I was able to download it so I could transfer it to the console computer. The instructions said to run dxsetup.exe. I did and after rebooting I checked the version listed when I ran dxdiag and it stated directx9.0c. That's it with no extensions to the name. I'm no programmer, I just know enough to be dangerous. Any help you can give I would greatly appreciate.

As I mentioned earlier, the plugin is listed under the video effects tab but that's all, no other functions or settings or buttons. Is that correct?

Thanks
Bill

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 12:39 am
tanina wrote :
Hi Scott, I'm using XP. I already tried to install the dxsetup.exe program and the plugin and the pictures are still wrong. I don't connect my console system to the net and from what I've read some sites require internet connection to install directx9.0c November 2007. A site I found I was able to download it so I could transfer it to the console computer. The instructions said to run dxsetup.exe. I did and after rebooting I checked the version listed when I ran dxdiag and it stated directx9.0c. That's it with no extensions to the name. I'm no programmer, I just know enough to be dangerous. Any help you can give I would greatly appreciate.

As I mentioned earlier, the plugin is listed under the video effects tab but that's all, no other functions or settings or buttons. Is that correct?

Thanks
Bill

If the file you downloaded is only 500k or so, then its the web installer, and requires the web to install fully.
If its aroud the 60MB sise it should be the full redisrabutable install and should work, this is the one you need, and make sure its the Novemver release, as I think its been 9.0c for the last year or so. But you need the November release, and the redisributable version thats about 60MB or so that contains all the required files for a PC thats not on the net.
As a last resort, try a reboot, if all the above is done.

You should get a settings box with three buttons and a slider if all is working.

Hope this helps
Kym

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 12:56 am
Ok, And Ive found a bug, The plugin (Or VDJ... Nope tested the old (bad) VDJ slideshow plugin, and its reading the files fine) Does not like long filenames, or file pathes more to the point!

This is the directory Im using, that opens with old slideshow...

C:Documents and SettingsKymMy DocumentsMy Web Sitesmysite2slidesJan 4th and 5th 2008 001.jpg

This locks the new plugin up if you select the same directory, However on further investigation, if i move the file back one directory to....

C:Documents and SettingsKymMy DocumentsMy Web Sitesmysite2Jan 4th and 5th 2008 001.jpg

The plugin will then work fine. It seems to hate directories deeper than 5 levels.

Also found the fade time on the transition a bit fast, but as i say, if its fading to black first, then the speed is correct for this type of transition.

Kym

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 1:04 am
Ok My bad, further testing shows the directort tree is not the issue, as I moved the directory into C drive and it still would not open files from the directory!

There seems to be a limitation on the number of image files that can be in the directory for the plugin to load the directory. any more than 261 images in the directory, and the directory wont open with the plugin. 262, files causes the plugin to crash, or if you load up a directory that used to have less than 261 files in it, but close VDJ and add more files, the plugin then refuses to appear! (well untill you remove some files, or delete the INI file)
Using the old long directory tree, and deleting some files so there are 261 files in the dir, then allows the files to play.

Also found that although the directory is saved in the INI file, and it shows in the plugin on first use whan starting VDJ, the plugin wont start playing the images until you re-select the image directory again (IE, OPEN). after that all works well, even if you start and stop the plugin, and the last slide seems to get remembered correctly, another improvement over the old plugin!

Kym

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 1:29 am
Also had two crashguards, but only on closing VDJ, when the plugin is running, may or may not be assoiated.

Crash ID=7c918fea (date=802091702, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=ff40108b, excode=c0000005 (1,10))
Crash ID=7c918fea (date=802091835, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=ff40108b, excode=c0000005 (1,10))

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 2:07 am
Laptop seems to be OK with loading the next image after restarting VDJ, so its just the desktop that wont for some reason. Also found that my video card will not output video at the res that my plasmas run at, I have it set to 800x600, where the res should be 720x576. After adding the new res to my Nvidia, it refused to run at that res, but would allow the NTSC version or 16:9 of 720x480. (thus my images are still slightly stretched)

My point being that not all users will be able to get the "Video out" to match the actual res of their TV,s Plasmas, Or projectors, and like me allow for this when rendering videos. But it still fools the plugin into thinking that your running square TVs (because your video is set to 800x600) but your really feeding to 16:9 monitors that should be 720x576. Is there any way of adding a slider that tells the plugin to simply output in a res, instead of relying on the res the plugin picks up from the video out on the PC. Or even a slider that sets either "16:9 Pal", "16:9 NTSC", "4:3 Pal", "4:3 NTSC, and then the current setting of "Auto".

Kym

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 5:34 am
Thanks for all the feedback; someones been hard at work testing ;)

I'll have a look at the crashes and bugs first, and look at the rest afterwards...

The transition is presently one image alpha out, the other image alpha in...

The point about the screen resolution not matching is well taken and not something I had considered - I'll look at implementing manual control as well.

Many thanks Kym :)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 6:23 am
OK, I've made some changes, just managed to open a folder with 2000 pictures in and display them all.

I think I've tracked the cause of some potential crashes on exiting VDJ - it appears that the seperate thread I created hadn't yet terminated so was still running briefly and tried to access a destroyed D3D device as it was loading or processing the next picture. Hopefully I've fixed that as well - it was completely a timing related thing and a fluke that it happened in the Dev environment so I could catch it! If any of the team can give me any information on Kym's crash info I'd appreciate it :)

I'll run my updated version tonight and see how it fares... keep the feedback coming!!

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:57 am
Hi Kym and Scott, It's 64 mb. So I did get the full version. And it did say November 2007 even though the setup program was 10/2007 dated. I rebooted already before trying. The settings you mentioned, slider and all, are they suppose to be in the new slideshow option or are you talking about the existing slideshow option. Another thing, do you think I should have installed dxsetup.exe before installing your slideshow plugin? Like back when Windows 95 came out you had to reinstall your programs to make it work with 95. Oh, by the way, it looks like the November 07 update for directx is still Directx9.0c. Can someone else verify it?

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 12:48 pm
Yes it's 9C, the sometimes monthly updates are simply patches, it's not and update as such but you need them.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 1:57 pm
Hi Kym and Scott, again. New information. I have a 4 year old Dell desktop that has the Numark Cue 5.0.2 loaded in. I ran the slideshow plugin and guess what? It works on an older program AND an older computer. My DJ console was assembled by a local DJ/computer expert. The version of Cue in it is 5.0.6. In a few moments I am going to update it to .0.7. Wish me luck.
Tophouse, thanks for the verification.

Okay, I just updated to .0.7 and still no luck. There no activation, open, slideshow buttons nor the slider.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 2:03 pm
Here's an update. I updated my Dell (the older computer) with the 5.0.7 and the slideshow works so far. So, could there be something that is already in my Dell but doesn't come with a store bought version of XP?

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 3:35 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just ran the DirectX web update, and then tried the new Slideshow plugin.
When I click on it in the FX pannel, I see no text or no controls whatsoever for it. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know if I messed up DirectX, because now my Text2D plugin isn't working correctly.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 4:22 pm
BTW, I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit, if that matters.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 4:41 pm
Uh, nevermind about the text2d problem. I fiddled with it a bit and it seems to work okay now. I thought that perhaps a reboot would fix things, but still no controls for SBDJ_Slideshow :(

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 5:11 pm
40%