Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Slideshow picture stretched V5 [SOLVED] - Page: 13

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hippydog wrote :
Quote :

As much as i agree this needs to be fixed, you paid for DJ software, not slidshow software, the Slideshow plugin is just a bonus thats inluded with the software, just like MP3 record, these area really not "Features" of VDJ. If people start talking like this, the Devs are more likly to remove the plugin completely!.

Just wanted to make a small comment on this..

I had "DJ Software", and it worked perfectly for playing MUSIC... When I purchased VDJ I did so because it was VIDEO DJing software..
I dont know about anyone else, but ANY "Video" software I have ever seen or used, is capable of handling Videos and Pictures.

One of the major reasons I purchased VDJ is because I was told (and read) it could display a slideshow of pictures at times when I did not have the video for that song.. If it wasnt for the SBDJ plugin, I would be screaming "rip-off" to everyone that could hear me.

by the way.. many of my customers see the "bonus.. not really a feature" slideshows as a bigger selling point then the music video themselves.

Just wanted to publicly thank SBDJ for making this stuff happen.. :-)

When you tested VDJ using the Trial version surely you would have seen for yourself if the slideshow functions suitable for your purpose. VDJ is one of (if not) the cheapest DJ software out there, and no upgrade cost (so far) from version to version. To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if your previous software for music cost more than VDJ does. Where the heck do you get "Rip off" out of that?

The main change from Scotts slideshow, and the one that comes with the software is the aspect ratio correction, and the smart way you can customise it to suit your screens.

I speak for myself, but first and formost, the software is about playing, and mixing the music. Having it still sound good while im messing about with it, then the video, plugins, skins ect.
I too use Scotts slideshow plugin (and many others of his plugs), and swear by it, but out of the box I still think the deal is sweet, without the bonuses. I brought a competeing programme, at 3 times the cost, and never got to use it live fully, as after a hour or so it started skipping (yes I paid for it!). Unfortunatly the bug didnt appear on the system I tested it on, and I couldnt replace it with exacly the same hardware.

I guess Im just very happy with the final package, and now see some of the work that goes into making VDJ move forward for the DJ's that use it.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 8:18 am
halo_djk wrote :

When you tested VDJ using the Trial version surely you would have seen for yourself if the slideshow functions suitable for your purpose.

You have me their.. I downloaded the trial to try it out, and then got busy with other things.. When I was ready to give it a true testing it was expired. (1 month?? cant remember).. I did try out the slideshow, but just did a quick test, and at the time didnt notice the aspect ratio problem (probably because I didnt have a second monitor to test it on).
I simply assumed (bad of me i know) that being VIDEO DJing software this would not be an issue.. after all, even the free software I got with my Canon camera did a great job at slideshows.

Quote :
VDJ is one of (if not) the cheapest DJ software out there, and no upgrade cost (so far) from version to version. To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if your previous software for music cost more than VDJ does. Where the heck do you get "Rip off" out of that?

at the time of purchase their was 5 other choices that were in the same price range.. unless you factor in the VIDEO & picture ability then VDJ was the better value. for video OTS was the second choice.. VDJ came ahead for only two reasons, I prefered the dual deck mixing and I could see a MAJOR usage for the slideshow.

Quote :
I guess Im just very happy with the final package, and now see some of the work that goes into making VDJ move forward for the DJ's that use it.

Don't get me wrong. :-)
VDJ is awesome..
But, For me the slide show feature is a great selling point for my business.. So I guess it bugs me when people seem to dismiss it as a 'simple add-on' that isnt very important..

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:30 am
Is there a sl;ide show fix for mac. Love the SBDJ version for windows that my friend has but i'
m on mac. Any ideas?

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 3:35 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The next update will include a Mac version :)

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 2:30 pm
I use the SBDJ version over the SLIDESHOW cause of the image being strech.

SBDJ is the answer to the image sctreching but the only thing that SBDJ version does not do is this one thing:

It does not continue showing the images if you keep adding pics to the folder.

If you have 10 images in the folder and it's displaying those one by one, then you add more pics, it will not display 11-???. IT will only cycle those first 10 pics.

The workaround around it for me is that I have to open that folder thru the plugin and select the last one added, then it will cyle from 1-??? until you add more pics again.

The old plugin by Atomix which strecthes the images, it will cycle even you add more pics into the folder.

Could SBDJ update the plugin to add this feature in the next version when he gets time to updating ?

TIA

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 11:01 am
"The workaround around it for me is that I have to open that folder thru the plugin and select the last one added, then it will cyle from 1-??? until you add more pics again."

Just a correction on this, you don't have to click the last picture, it could just the frist one (or any pics) then the added pics will be included thru the cycle.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 11:11 am
I've got a different version in works that includes that amongst other features.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 12:34 pm
great news Scott.

Thanks for the plugin. Hope to see the New Version.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 2:20 pm
nottsdjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
SBDJ wrote :
The next update will include a Mac version :)

scott, dont suppose theres any sign of the mac version appearing anytime soon? :)

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 11:17 am
Hi Wayne, yes, there is - I recently got another Mac so have been playing catch up...

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 11:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)