Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Slideshow picture stretched V5 [SOLVED] - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
BUMP

I have 14 bookings for weddings where they want a slideshow.
Now not being funny here but I'm sure I paid for a product that doesn't function properly

Isn't this against the law?

How bloody annoying the dev team don't sort this out or reply to a thread to assure us something is getting done

RANT OVER

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 7:00 am
I am in gilbz's place w/these weddings coming up, have been embarassed twice already, but kept quiet on it.

You have my vote now!!

Posted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 1:15 pm
Gilbz wrote :
BUMP

I have 14 bookings for weddings where they want a slideshow.
Now not being funny here but I'm sure I paid for a product that doesn't function properly

Isn't this against the law?

How bloody annoying the dev team don't sort this out or reply to a thread to assure us something is getting done

RANT OVER

As much as i agree this needs to be fixed, you paid for DJ software, not slidshow software, the Slideshow plugin is just a bonus thats inluded with the software, just like MP3 record, these area really not "Features" of VDJ. If people start talking like this, the Devs are more likly to remove the plugin completely!

Second, if you really need to use it, either make sure that all the images that you include are take in a portrait format (IE with the camera held level) or crop them in photoshop before your show to the correct aspect ratio.

Has anyone yet suggested how this issue would be fixed? Are we wanting black bars at the top and bottom of the images to correct ate aspect ratio (Or the sides depending on the image). OR do we want it to "trim" the extra overhang of the left over image so it then fits on the screen. If you use the latter there is a chance you'll cut parts off the image like faces ect that would make it look worse!

Option three, Write your own Slideshow plugin and make everyone happy, the plugin feature of VDJ is there for that exact reason.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 12:51 am
What is so annoying is this forum is here to get answers and help from the people who have bought the software and also the dev team.
The dev team have not replied to say if this feature will be fixed. I have also raised a ticket which still needs to be answered.
I bought this up months ago and have backing from several people.

I was unaware it was a freebie feature, an added bonus or whatever and not' features' of VDJ. It's advertised with this feature which I expect to work.
Why have a feature which is known not to function properly and not fix it and continue to have it in updates?

The software is great and I recommend it to many people who have in turn bought it.
Your option 2 doesn't work, I take pictures from guests memory cards, I can hardly ask everyone to hold their camera level so it works with my software!

Someone did suggest it was an easy fix, did the dev team read it? They never responded.

Your option three suggestion is what I pay people to provide, I don't write programmes and never have done. It's beyond me.

When I bought VDJ it was advertised as having this feature, which should work properly. It doesn't

Nowhere have I read it is a bonus feature or 'really not features of VDJ'

If I missed something in the buyers guide let me know and I'll take it all back.
Cheers

Posted Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 6:16 am
Gilbz wrote :
What is so annoying is this forum is here to get answers and help from the people who have bought the software and also the dev team.
The dev team have not replied to say if this feature will be fixed. I have also raised a ticket which still needs to be answered.
I bought this up months ago and have backing from several people.

I was unaware it was a freebie feature, an added bonus or whatever and not' features' of VDJ. It's advertised with this feature which I expect to work.
Why have a feature which is known not to function properly and not fix it and continue to have it in updates?

The software is great and I recommend it to many people who have in turn bought it.
Your option 2 doesn't work, I take pictures from guests memory cards, I can hardly ask everyone to hold their camera level so it works with my software!

Someone did suggest it was an easy fix, did the dev team read it? They never responded.

Your option three suggestion is what I pay people to provide, I don't write programmes and never have done. It's beyond me.

When I bought VDJ it was advertised as having this feature, which should work properly. It doesn't

Nowhere have I read it is a bonus feature or 'really not features of VDJ'

If I missed something in the buyers guide let me know and I'll take it all back.
Cheers

I'll sign my name to that too...

Posted Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 9:53 am
Fair enough!
I dont think youll here from the devs much in the forums, they read more than they write it seems, or they'd spend more time in the forums than anywhere else!

However we still dont know, HOW do you want it fixed!?

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:56 am
'How do you want it fixed'

Sorry but what sort of question is that?
Have you used Windows Picture & Fax Viewer? It shows the pictures how they are taken and goes through them like a slideshow. Crazy stuff!
Sorry for the sarcasm but all you are doing is trying to cover a problem which YOU can't fix.

Well I had a reply.

''I don't see a fix for this too soon.
If you use a standard horizontal resolution it works ok.
I use it nearly every gig myself.
If you are going to take vertical shots, you will have a problem with this for sure.
There are other things that have more priority right now.

Best Regards,
mp3jrick
Virtual DJ Support Team

Why do they add so many new features but not sort out the ones with issues? And the ones that people want sorted?
As for them not having time posting on the forums, surely a company which has a product which has issues should have someone dedicated with answers or 'I'll get back to you asap' answer. Which then shows the buyer something may be getting done by the dev team and not some 'VIP' person who ain't a clue whats going on in the back ground?
Shame you have to go to them direct maybe all problems we have should go direct with a support ticket instead of through the forums?

I'm sorry to sound so peezed about this. I love VDJ and I have had no issues with it closing etc. My PC was built by one of your VIP's here over 18 months ago and it is great. I also go to this guy if I have problems as I know he can sort it. Great guy.
But when something doesn't work right from the beginning it really blows the software to pieces.

Oh well looks like I'm going to be running the laptop to do the slideshows from now on and using a switcher to go to music videos etc.
How professional! Not!

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 3:39 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK - since this still seems to be a hot topic, I've just had a quick look at it in my lunch hour and I've quickly written a plugin that will load image files and display them. At present the behaviour is this:

Image files that are smaller than the screen are not scaled, are displayed with the correct aspect ratio, centered on the screen.
Image files that are larger than the screen are scaled down, retain their aspect ratio, and are displayed centered on the screen.
If the screen is resized, the image is resized accordingly, to the above rules.

Is this what you want? Obviously I have more code to write; transitioning between pictures smoothly etc...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:24 am
HOLY CRAP, SOME RESULTS!

It sounds like EXACTLY how this plugin should work. The only thing I'd clearify is that if an image is say 250x250pixels, it still fills the screen 100% vertically, but I'm sure you're planning that.

Thank you SO MUCH for your efforts!

Brian

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:33 am
THANK YOU!

You sound like you know what you are doing and I like the sounds of it!

If you can come up with this I will cease to nag!

It's a shame I got wound up which rarely happens.

You make this pugin sound so easy, if it is then why didn't the team come up with this fix?
If it's not easy then fair play, maybe I need to get out more lol!

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:50 am
So you want smaller images scaled up?

The scaling would be independant of width/height - images are scaled (keeping aspect obviously) until one of the dimensions fills the screen.

Unfortunately everyone has different priorities, there are a lot of posts with stability issues, timecode issues, Mac issues and these probably have to be a priority for the Dev Team. As for it being easy, well maybe for someone with a better D3D understanding than me... I'm definately learning though ;)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:51 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Gilbz wrote :

You make this pugin sound so easy, if it is then why didn't the team come up with this fix?
If it's not easy then fair play, maybe I need to get out more lol!

Please remember programing is never easy and takes a great level of skill, the dev team are trying to meet as many peoples needs as possible so it can take a little time for a fix.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:59 am
SBDJ wrote :

The scaling would be independant of width/height - images are scaled (keeping aspect obviously) until one of the dimensions fills the screen.

That would be perfect!

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 9:04 am
OK, well, don't tell my boss but I've tweaked the code now - it will resize up or down to fill the screen, but keep the aspect ratio. Seems to work fine here, I've tested with some very odd sized images :)

Obviously I still need to write the transition code and UI options, and do some proper testing - I'm a bit limited with what I have here at work ;)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 9:43 am
I'm looking forward to the finally functioning properly plugin. Thank you so much Scott!

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 10:43 am
That's great, sounds very promising!

Just one little tiny thing, I know quite a few people have complained about the slideshow restarting after everytime it is disabled.

E.g. If you have a folder with 300 pictures in that come up when whenever you're not playing a video, it's not too helpful if you play a few mp3s, and so you get 120 pictures shown, but after you've put a video on,the slideshow starts from the firstt picture again, rather than resuming from the 121st picture.

Thanks.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:26 pm
I ended up spliting up my pictures to multiple folders with about 50 in each. I set the timing just fast enough to see but not hold to long. Yes, It's a slight pain to be going in and change the folders but it does take about 10 seconds. and at least I know my picture are not being duplicated on the screen.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 2:55 pm
Hey Scott

Just PM'd you back
Many thanks for what you have done so far. You're a star.

I've just given it a quick go and the only issue I see at the moment is when you have a video playing on deck one and you click SBDJ Slideshow the photos show up fine but where some don't go to full screen you can see the video behind.

Hard to explain, what I'll do tomorrow as it's 11pm here, is I will try and get a screenshot posted up.

Thank you again for giving this a shot. You are an asset to VDJ lets hope they send you some dosh lol!

Gilbz

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 5:12 pm
I don't want dosh :-p

I reckon I know exactly what you mean, I've rendered both the current texture and my own texture, effectively mine on top of the existing VDJ screen. Easy enough to fix I think, but obvoiusly this then makes the transparancy option redundan?

Obviously the transition needs sorting as I mentioned.

Did all the scaling work OK etc...?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 5:40 pm
taninaCUE userMember since 2007
I know I just entered this discussion but I do agree what's being said. Funny thing, though. Cue was working with the slideshow almost correctly back in Sept. If fact, I had a sonique running in the background behind the smaller pictures. Great effect! The reason I said "almost" is it would freeze the program while doing it (by didn't affect the music).

Now that I have updated I am having the same problems as you all. How do I get a copy of the fix from Scott? A couple had thanked him for the fix saying it works but I didn't find where to get it.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 10:49 am
24%