Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Slideshow picture stretched V5 [SOLVED] - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Alos just found that while its playing slideshow automatically, the moment you move the "Delay" slider it also starts the slides from the first one again, a linked bug I think.

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 5:49 pm
I'd be happy with it just not stretching the pictures out...

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 5:36 pm
GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any news on this?????????

I have a wedding fair coming up in under 2 weeks and want to use this feature to show potential Bride and Grooms what can be achieved.

It looks a bit naff when you have to use Windows slideshow.

Surely a response should have been posted up by now or am I expecting too much?!

Posted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 10:20 am
The only images that get stretched are the portrait images, photos take in landscape fasion (the most common way, ie with the hamera held level) will look fine.

There are never any responses posted until a new version that has the issue fixed is released, and this doesn't happen much either. Bit of a pain that the version history page has vanished.

Posted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 10:57 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
All my landscape pictures stretch?

I've started writing a Slideshow plugin to get around this until the VDJ Team have a chance to fix this. It's still very crude and work-in-progress, but I have managed to get it to show a slideshow of photos without stretching them out-of-aspect. Definately not ready for public consumption I'm afraid, and time this week is a bit scarce unfortunately.

I hope to have something sorted soon, although I'm sure someone will beat me to it - as in another thread I'm still learning D3D...

Posted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 10:18 pm
Nice one, let us know how it goes!

I would have thought this would be an issue sorted by now seeing as it's been going on a fair few months, even years?? (sorry can't remember when I first moaned lol!)

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 1:45 am
So...where are we on "modifying" this? I'm waiting patiently, but in the meantime I'm using Windows Vista's slide show feature...very lame.

How will we know when it's been modified?

Posted Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 5:10 pm
No change then!!

Still strrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching!

Or is there a new plugin that I haven't found yet?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 3:47 pm
Nope still sssttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I had completely forgotten about this!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 10:09 am
It's the only part about VDJ I don't like...

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 10:18 am
Exactly!!

This feature would be in constant use if it worked properly.

But I have to take along a seperate PC to run the slideshow in Windows.

Surely a feature which was advertised when I purchased VDJ should work correctly??

If not then it is WRONG for you to even have the feature in place and we should be reimbersed!

Come on Dev team, you have released so many revisions correcting glitches lets get this sorted in 5.1, and lets get this sorted before April when my wedding season starts.

There ya go I've given you a deadline lol!!

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 3:42 am
YEAH!

(Only fix it for 5.0rev 7 please...)

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 8:05 am
lol well thats 2 of us that need this to be corrected

Where's the thousands of others? Surely we can't be the only ones who would find it useful!

Hmm think we have a good grip of the market Brian lol!

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 2:59 pm
I NEED THIS FILE

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:25 pm
mjqntzpd wrote :
I NEED THIS FILE

You need a licence first! (And you need to stop yelling!)

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 11:34 pm
Hi all,

Just another vote for getting this feature sorted out!

:)

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 7:10 pm
.....thats 3 of us lol!

I guess it won't be fixed for Christmas says the 3 wise men!

Well I just want to wish the 'Stretched' supporters society a merry crimbo and lets hope this gets sorted on the next upgrade ;-P

( I might get some T Shirts printed if anyone is interested with 'I don't want it Stretched' written all over it!)

Posted Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 4:26 am
I had the same issue, having to figure out how to run a photo slide show for a wedding where it doesnt stetch portrait photos. I considered using the basic slideshow feature that comes with windows but I couldn't figure out how to get the photos to appear in the extended screen (tv). So, after some research I found "Photo Story 3 for Windows". It's a free Microsoft product download and has a lot of nifty options, including many transition options from picture to picture, it also allows you to insert music directly into the slideshow and time it however you want to, or you can even voiceover narrate and record your voice directly into the file. When you are done creating your project, you just save the project as a wmv file and it keeps the photos, sound etc all in one complete file. To play the file I just open windows media player and move the whole screen over to my extended desktop and it plays on the external TV i have hooked up.

I would much prefer to have more options for the slideshow feature within Virtual DJ as more and more people are requesting photo slideshows at their events, but for now, running windows media player with the slideshow along with virtual dj works just fine for me.

here is a link to the free software download from a reliable source: http://www.download.com/Photo-Story-3-for-Windows/3000-12511_4-10339155.html

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 3:42 pm
That is all very good, and thank you for the info, but this post is to try to get VDJ staff to revise the plugin, not find an alternative software to get around the issue.

To use windows slide show to a tv, all you need to do is start the slide show in windows and press Fn + F4 two or three times till it's on both your computer and tv. Just make sure your tv is plugged into the computer before you start it up.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 9:04 am
16%