Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 What I'd Like - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

i'd like the availability to have several settings for the built-in limiter , and a on/off.

:)

Olivier

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:28 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
There was limiter in previous version and it is not that good. You have better option now, Always Match or Always 0db and it will set the same gain volume for you. This volume should me changeable (not only 0db) and that is a request from me. Limiter is usable in bedroom, but in club, it sounds very bad.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:24 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
A couple of important requests that I forgot related to video...

VIDEO PLAYBACK:
-Please, please have the glitch at the beginning of many types of videos fixed when played back with the internal decoder. Usually I'm missing the first couple of beats of songs, and sometimes there's a very loud noise spike that could even be enough to damage speakers, and certainly it's annoying to customers. I have to be careful to manually cue every video, and when mixing, I can't loop from the first beat properly. This is very high priority for me, and I'm sure other video DJs would agree.

-It would be great to have some control over the aspect ratio that videos are displayed at (photos too, if that hasn't yet been fixed). If you play a 16:9 video on a 4:3 screen, virtual DJ shouldn't stretch it to fit... it should have black borders on the bottom and top...
A place to manually enter in your display's aspect ratio, and a checkbox to maintain aspect ratio would be welcome additions to the video options.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 6:49 pm
djkorroPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What about VST support? VST effects...

And mostly I am using TCV`s but would like to see some improvement in timecoded cd`s. with the CDJ I cant make a proper cue point. it always changes its position and, for example, I change the track in VDJ and get back to the beginning of the cd in my CDJ, its still starts the song from the middle. I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks...

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 9:47 pm
There is allready support for VST, but not all are working.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:00 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I know it's been said here before but I don't like the way the Visuals and slide show works in 4.0
I hate having to manually turn them on and off.
I also cant seem to be able to use the text and the visuals at the same time.
I think that the old way (like in 3.4) was much better.
It also seemed like a more logical place to access it was in the config.
Can we also get some moving and or flashing text too? Then we could write longer sentences and not have to sweeze them down to fit the screen.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:37 am
Another thing I would like is to be able to set my own cue-points when I am in "automix" mode.
Sometimes It sets the autocue points to far into a song or cuts off the ends.
This could be fixed by having the lines that represent the mix points able to be mooved using the mouse.

A more accessable way to save, store, load and or append playlists would be nice too.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:48 am
The whole automixing engine needs reworking in my opinion. At least there should be another mode for playing background music where it will do a static crossfade as soon as the volume drops so much... I dunno if this makes sense, but the continuator plugin for foobar2000 works this way, and it is great.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 10:04 am
KregCZ wrote :
Another thing I would like is to be able to set my own cue-points when I am in "automix" mode.

I second this one. It gets on my nerves too!

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 11:48 am
Hi,

Maybe I havn't understood what you meant, but you can change the automix points at the moment, you just open the click on the bpm button for the song that's loaded and it's the right hand tab. I've just found out it even lets you choose what like of mix you let it do! :)

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 1:27 pm
Yes but the automix "Fade" fades the last song out, while fading the new song in, very unpro! New song should never be faded in!

As said above, it should wait for a certain amount of volume drop, the start the next track with the XFader in the middle OR, if there is a sudden drop in the last track (Ie a 'Cold ending") it should wait for that point, then fire the next track with the XFader in the middle.

Tracks with cold endings usually have some important words ect that most people "Know" is there (IE George Michael, Too Funky, at the end the music stops cold, and a voice says "Will you stop playing with that radio, I'm trying to ge to sleep") with the current automix, the fade starts half way though the voice, and cuts them off. May Urban (R&B) tracks also have cold endings that should not be cut off.

On another note, has anyone noticed that the text plugin in 4.0 does no longer allow you to type two lines with CTRL ENTER any more. I found that out last night, "Surprise!" aside from that my first full shif with 4.0 went flawless, now that Safemode is off, along with "Overclock".

Perhaps the DEVs coulds seperate the video plugins into...
"EFFECTS" like Black and white, sepia, strobe, boom ect.
"OVERLAYS", like text, scolling text, logo (Ours not yours, lol).
And maybe "STANDBY" that is a folder with stuff like the visual plugins, maybe a sonique slideshow, image slideshow, video slideshow (that just plays video without audio processed) from a designated directory, and full screen stuff. This would be a "Only one on at a time" folder, that once the effect is turned on, it only appears when the video xfader is moved to a Non Video side. this would replace the normal video only, leaving the "EFFECTS" and "OVERLAYS" still active, over the top.

Anyone else like the above idea, say "I"!!

(Hmm think I'll forward that to Cel!)

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 11:13 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
"I"!!

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 4:11 pm
Not a bad idea Halo. I don't know if all these new categories need to be created, but something's gotta change. Perhaps another ideas would be to make some effects active on only one screen at a time (like visualizations and slideshow), which would allow them to be crossfaded with a video.

The issue of text overlays... they should be able to be active along with any other plugin. But how would this be accomplished? Whatever is done, it seems like a fundamental redesign of how the video FX work.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 9:16 pm
Good ideas;)

"Hmm think I'll forward that to Cel!" --- please do :)

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 9:22 pm
Supacon wrote :

The issue of text overlays... they should be able to be active along with any other plugin. But how would this be accomplished? Whatever is done, it seems like a fundamental redesign of how the video FX work.

Yes all overlays could be run over any video, or whatever was selected from the standby folder AND also run effects that "Effect" only the video, this way people can still read your text and logo plugins. and depending on processor usage, you could proberly run multiple overlays. Like a "LOGO" overlay and a "Text Scroller" overlay, that fires every 3 minutes saying "Your listening to DJ Superman! Don't forget, cheap drinks before midnight."

Perhaps its about time effects were split up into "Video" and "Audio" Effects, then under video you have your,

Effects,
Overlays,
Standby.

Items under standby would have two options next to them, one to run them on for standby only, and one to "Force on" that causes that item to over-ride the video.

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 6:14 am
And plus all these things, I would like to add:

- Mac OS X support! :)

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 11:47 am
PCDJ VJ has all these overlays, transitions, slideshows and text features on demand and auto triggered and it came out almost two years ago, no wait a year ago, or was it at the March show in Vegas, maybe it was June, or I think the AC show a few weeks ago............oops my bad still not out yet!.............great suggestions to add to the VDJ platform which is already out and mostly usable satifying our most basic need for a viable operational video mixing software; however, I would like to see updates that come out with all the bug fixes first, THEN feed us updates that have features added on or two at as time that are all 100% stable each time rather than rush something out with dozens of new features that some work and some don't and have to keep waiting for bug fixes all the time......Lest we forget we kept asking when, when , when, when for V4 and there are still some bugs.........like I said great ideas but this time let's be patient and get them when they work right.

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 2:31 pm
Just something different:
Maybe implementation of some of the suggestions in this thread. Could also be 4.2 or 4.3 ;-)
Ewout

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 6:25 pm
VinylJoey wrote :
And plus all these things, I would like to add:

- Mac OS X support! :)

Mac version will be out in 2007 for sure ;)

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:05 pm
KregCZ wrote :

What I would like to be able to do is Click & Drag Automix Points to where ever I want, and be able to save it, so everytime I play that song it will mix at the same point.

I DON'T want to have to open a drop box to do this Just "click and drag" the points and mybe left click to save the mix points.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 12:12 am
61%