Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 What I'd Like - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

KregCZ wrote :
KregCZ wrote :

What I would like to be able to do is Click & Drag Automix Points to where ever I want, and be able to save it, so everytime I play that song it will mix at the same point.

I DON'T want to have to open a drop box to do this Just "click and drag" the points and mybe left click to save the mix points.

I second that one.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 3:20 am
I'd Love to see a skin that fit my 17 inch laptop and more support for us Karaoke guys.
Nice job on 4.0,love it. P@40

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:01 am
erdiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
After testing it, I noticed that Vdj infos (cues, bpm, etc) are not saved inside ID3 tags. Please, fix it. Thank you.
Oh and, MIX STATION skin for vdj v4. Do the magic Serge. Make us happy. Please. Thanx

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 11:37 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Cues and Bpm's are saved in VirtualDj Database.xml in your VDJ folder. Idtags are not good, it takes perfomance of your CPU, I never use it.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:44 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Indeedy, if they ever sort out the id3 support for the browser, I hope there will be an option to turn it off and keep to the filename system that's served me perfectly well so far...

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:54 am
filename system??? no way, that's so VDJ 1.... we need a powerful browser, a powerful database WITH ID3 tags, and more...

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 7:15 pm
Bring back CBG and Beat match to wave form. MANY songs still do not accuratly have CBG, no matter what you do!

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 11:42 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It'd be pretty sweet if you had a system like Ableton does (I think) where you could manually enter in every single measure's first beat for songs with acoustic instruments so that you could precisely mix them with electronic music.

Actually... that's dumb, but there must be software where you could manually edit the song to make the beats dead-on accurate for DJ remixing purposes... probably Ableton Live, huh?

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:59 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VirtualDJ is NOT a REmixing software, sorry.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 8:43 am
Hi Guys this is what I would like to see....A built in mp3, cdj+ ( Kareoky) ripper to have an all in one option....if this is possible.

Other than that the software is rock solid I love it love version 4.
Thanks Guys

Later Dudes

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:52 pm
xeon wrote :
VirtualDJ is NOT a REmixing software, sorry.

Althought you can do a bit of REMIXING with the SAMPLE. LOL :)

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:01 pm
Yes, you can. But not for real use :) And you have to do in realtime. But i don't know remix that is done in realtime :) But is is possible. Almost everything is possible with new version lol ;)

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:06 pm
@xeon,

Sometimes I only want to have fun with few SAMPLES.
And let's see what it's recorded.

I know it's real time, that makes it funnier.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:11 pm
Look at this VIDEO.

A user playing only samples.
With his personal SKIN that looks better when you open 2 instances...

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:14 pm
I saw that before. And looks amazing, but i wonder if VDJ will have skin that support second monitror. So i can have samples at second monitror. That way i would use them much more :)
like i said.. almost everything is possible with VDJ ;)

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:33 pm
HARMONIC MIXING AND KEY DETECTION!

I'm yet to purchase but only got the trial at the weekend. Looks like an amazing bit of software but I'm very surprised not to see any form of Key Detection? Harmonic mixing is all the rage at the mo, especially since the arrival of the new DJM 800.

Why can't VDJ detect the key of the track on the initial analysis when it gets the bpm info etc and store the information in the browser. Keylock would prevent it changing with the pitch.

A red or green light next to the BPM in the browser telling you what's compatible with what's playing or a number refering to the Camelot notation (http://www.mixedinkey.com/HowTo.aspx) would be cool.

You could then use the key special effect to change accordingly if you had to. Better still a key match, so whatever track is loaded matches the key to whats playing (a button would be ideal so you can match the key of the track being queued after you have pitch matched).

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 2:44 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
V4, Great audio / video improvements.

Here's my troubles and wish list:

Every so often when I want to speed up the mix at the last minute in automix by manually mixing I have had it "drop" a song or two when I force a late mix. It just jumps a track or two and forever looses a track or two, as if it must be double mixing.

I also have hit mix (late) while in automix and had it only start the other deck and not transition the audio / video fader.

This was briefly touched on but is a real issue for many of us...

Once you drop a song in the player you can't retrieve it by dragging and dropping it back to the playlist to change your choice.

If a track loads you either play it, or loose it, and then have to research for it, to place it back in the playlist. I often have to really think about what track was just lost when reloading another choice.

I like the idea of a track actually having to be played (all or a set portion) before it's marked played.

I miss the DJ Power time scheduled play lists, and being able to place a "stop" in the automix to do a break. (I'm going to create announcement music beds (snip its) to place into the playlist when in automix to do announcements over the timed out music beds.)

I'm hoping you'll give this back to us:

Automate the visualization to turn on and off when mixing from video source to non video and back so it's an automatic function not requiring turning off each time.

Thanks for listening, and consideration.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 5:47 pm
This is gonna seem like a stupid thing to ask about, but I only ask because its probably easy to fix. The vinyl animation appears to be programmed to move in sync with the logo on the actually tcvs. However I have a straight tonearm and from what I can figure out the animation if moving for an S-shaped arm - they are longer by an inch or so, but that is a couple of inches difference on where the needle sits at the edge of disc. So basically if you have an striaght tone arm the animation is 'lagged' by about 20 degrees.

So it would be nice to have a checkbox somewhere in the config screens for using a straight tonearm with the tcvs and just have it push the animation forward the right # of frames :)

On a more far-out/stealing-from-other-programs note : the ability to sample, maybe from a line in on an auxiliary soundcard, and use the sample instantly on one of the turntables would be brilliant :D. Kinda like a record button for each table - to record the track, then it goes back to the start and plays after you stop recording.

This video gives a good illustration of what I mean.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 2:01 am
PiobeePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm happy that there is a thread on this... I'm reading comments of users one by one, and I'd like to support some ideas and add a few of mine...

first, I'd like to ask if it wold be poiisble to have back the possibility to "Right-click" the shutter (in 3.4-->Play/Pause) -without cueing- to get a momentary play... I know it is possible to do it again by using the big "Cue button" in v4 or by loading the 3.4 skin, but here is a little bug... when you tap (right-click) play/pause (with 3.4 skin) fast, your song doesn't always goes back to exactly where it is supposed to and somehow start (on the next click) about one tenth on second later (yikes!) in v4, v4skin you to this with Cue button and doing the fast click thing re-cues 1/10th later (or so) and next click doesn't play (it just cues back to position)...

**generally I liked the "right-click means momentary" behavior... I feel it's missing...
---

Advanced audio control back... I agree! (user: olivierbergman wrote well about it..)
being able to get both decks, samples, pre-listenig, etc... on different soundcards was a great feature too.. (maybe a mix of Asio/tcv for "main" mixing and normal sound cards for preview/samples)

---

-NrgPlyr wrote that he could only use one effect at a time...
I know it is possible in v4 to use as many effects as your computer can handle but in fact is true that 3.4 was more convinient because it was possible to access them all 3 -quickly- and I think that's missing... also maybe a kinda "reset" would be great to turn them off all at a time

---

Gain: just a skin-based request... Numeric (even if not ssssso acurate) evaluation of the loaded song gain in db... (up to 0, like vdj3.4)

---

Pitch: A "Beatlock" that does not systematically tries to re-adjust the beat-to-beat sync or song relative position while using it, but keeps relative pitch (pretty easy to do..)

---

Camera feature: Really nice.... maybe improved to get also a "Tv tuner" option too?? ... like to get TV from different sources... Cable, VHS, External DVD etc. ...

---

DMX: hummm having lightcues... I don't know how this could be possible, but maybe in the future (on V5 eventually...) this could be nice... so have every track would have it's own light show... (Program chain only to high scene-by-scene customization...) witch could be programmed (live maybe for program chain) with external (standand 6 channel) DMX controller an processed by a pcDMX controller box... but this is not a priority..

---

Thanks for reading!

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 9:15 am
RECORDCASE IMPROVEMENTS:

** Better ID3 Tag support. If its a drain on the database to track all of the tags, let us pick which ones to have access to.

** The ability to resize and reorder the columns with drag and drop. Having to edit the registry to swap the artist and track names is ridiculous for version 4 of any product.

** Being able to choose fonts and colors in the recordcase without creating an entirely new skin.

VDJ's recordcase is it's weakest feature -- it would really benefit from some attention to bring it up to the quality of the rest of the program.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 6:07 am
81%