Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 What I'd Like - Page: 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PeettiiHome userMember since 2006
hi :)

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 3:56 pm
edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
4.0 Lite!!!
Just a VDJ that only plays music---nothing else, no karaoke, no video--nada!!! Just plain ole music for us that only play music!!

ED

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 12:32 am
That's easy, just don't play anything but music. =-)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 9:37 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe he was talking about price. People who don't need videos and caraoke, they will buy lite version that has the same features af pro, but without 2nd monitor support. It isn't so bad idea.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 10:26 am
Awww cmon Xeon, VDJ doesn't exactly break the bank does it!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 10:50 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
True, but some home users need lite tool for "lite" price :D
It's not bad idea i think. But it is just my opinion.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 10:51 am
I do agree a lite versions isn't such a silly idea, but it would cost more to "Remove" those features from VDJ, that it does to just sell it as is, allbeit at proberly the cheapest price you can get DJ software for. The option remains to just loack those parts of the programme out so videos ect won't play, but then they'd have to sell it for $40, and that's really not worth their time.

At the price, it really is a "Lite" version, juat that Atomix "Forgot" to remove the extra features!

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 4:04 am
IcanCUHome userMember since 2006
It would be assome if it would be possible to add a deck, so you can mix with 3 records.

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 11:29 pm
IcanCUHome userMember since 2006
Hello again, you got me thinking about improvements for later versions again, it would also be great if you could use your mouse wheel to move knobs like "volume" and "shift" I've always found it very hard to control these knobs with my mouse. If you could steel some of the ideas from (i'm whispering this)Traktor on how to control the effects like metal, morp, delay and so on i think you could be the nr1 dj softwear. You prove professional softwear can have a userfriendly interface.

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 11:42 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is allready No.1 dj software ;)
The knobs cannot be used well with a mouse, that's why midi controllers exist :)

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 8:22 am
caslorPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i have told that and before in ''New features '' thread...
want to control the basic sound effects with the jog wheel.
jet and wah effect...

when press the button for the effect take place.. dont start acting.. i just have to move the jog wheel to make it work... (like pionner cdj) faster the jog wheel in + position.. faste and the effect.. when spin the wheel back the effect from 0 start reduce...

important is when stop spining the jog wheel the effect go to the normal position smooth..

it will be amazing that for me...
also the jog wheel acts like that only when you press the effect button...

i dont know but dont think that is so hard to make work like that..

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 1:37 pm
Generally I'm very happy with v4 but just a couple of niggles

1. Now only showing time elapser OR time remaining. Prefer both as I use both features when mixing and find it annoying to have to click change during every track

2. Loss of + & - buttons on the bpm slider for smooth adjustment of speed. Unless I'm missing something I =now have to manually grab and slide the button.

Other than that It's great for what I need

Thanks VDJ Team

Tony

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 12:36 am
I definately want the Advanced Config back (¨,)

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 10:55 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i like V4 :) its good

nothing esle to say lol.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 10:15 am
I would like the program time code to recognize the change from cd (time) to vinal with out having to go into the profiles so i can change on the go. I would love to be able to multi table all on one screen so i can run two turn tables and cdjs at the same time. other then that the abliltiy to have lyrcs in wave to be a different color like another program so when i scratch i can keep the exact spot would make this the goods.. also if you could find a company to make a better maya 44 usb connector it would rock!!!

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 8:11 am
este programa é perfeito
toco a noite toda com ele
e numca deu problema

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 6:37 pm
uso ele com um notebook
p4 de 2gb de RAM DDR 2

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 6:39 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
advanced sound config back, passthru back, timecodes read in reverse, advanced timestretch that works with low latencies cleanly

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 10:16 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
extrospect wrote :
This is gonna seem like a stupid thing to ask about, but I only ask because its probably easy to fix. The vinyl animation appears to be programmed to move in sync with the logo on the actually tcvs. However I have a straight tonearm and from what I can figure out the animation if moving for an S-shaped arm - they are longer by an inch or so, but that is a couple of inches difference on where the needle sits at the edge of disc. So basically if you have an striaght tone arm the animation is 'lagged' by about 20 degrees.

So it would be nice to have a checkbox somewhere in the config screens for using a straight tonearm with the tcvs and just have it push the animation forward the right # of frames :)

On a more far-out/stealing-from-other-programs note : the ability to sample, maybe from a line in on an auxiliary soundcard, and use the sample instantly on one of the turntables would be brilliant :D. Kinda like a record button for each table - to record the track, then it goes back to the start and plays after you stop recording.

This video gives a good illustration of what I mean.

i didnt notice they are representative of the actual timecode position, i too use a streight tone arm and they are also out, this option would be nice but there are other things i would prefer to have the team work on, also my timecodes are exactly 180 rotated compared to on the screen. the white 'DJ' part of the 'VIRTUAL DJ' is on the opposite side. random.

regarding the sample thing i would go one further than that.....have the samples draggable to a deck from the sampler, say hello to 'ahhhh yeh' and 'reeeeeemix' scratches on tap. enable selecting of recording source on the sample ch so you can say "record from; *deck 1 *deck 2 *line in"

hope someone appreciates the idea

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 10:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)