Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 What I'd Like - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Support for nvidia graphics cards would be a start. I've got a laptop which is useless to me and vdj at the moment with respect to video. I can still use it strictly audio mixing however.

I read on the vdj homepage nvidia graphics cards were recommended and now it turns out that ati graphics cards are the way to go. :(

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:19 am
Please Better ID3 Support

A Genre Column would be nice as well

Bug Fix: Some ID3 comments read into VDJ and others don't. All of my mp3's have comment fields cause I used Tag&Rename to copy the genre to it so i can see it in VDJ. Which leads me back to the Genre Column :)

Thanks

~Mix Master Mark~

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:23 am
NICE JOB ON SOUND ENGINE!!! SOUND IS GREAT!!

My recommendations:

Skin patch so can download and use skins with no pain

Improved Search / Browser

Put Sound card customization options back in config (so we can tweak . as last resort)

Improve BPM detection for "all genres",seems silly to scan for hours then they are always off anyhow

How about a button in config that reverts you back to a saved set point or date (sim to XP Restore)
That way ,as we stumble around ,crash ,trip or hang ,we can at least say "OOOPPS" and go back to last settings that we know worked (and Yes ,,try again *LOL*)

I think better search on this forum would be helpful for eveyone ,I try to not ask until I have read
other posts ,but ,a lil improv would prob cut down on repeat ques to support team (AWESOME PEOPLE
,,THANK-YOU)

Allow File section,player section and wave section to be resizeable /drag wider or more narrow...with
padlocks like the file /song /playlist has....

OK,,,done pickin apart ...*LOL*

Keep up good work

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:29 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ah yes, other minor things were mentioned that I forgot:

When a song is considered played should require that it actually has been played past a certain point. It's silly to consider it played just because it was loaded into the deck. I'd say that 50% of it should be played (or perhaps played for 50% of the length of the track?).

I also don't like how the track disappears as soon as you load it into the deck. It might be good to have an option so VDJ doesn't delete tracks when loaded... the tracks currently loaded in the decks could perhaps be highlighted with a different color or something, the way that BPM Studio works.

The other thing I'd like to add is to have the ability to add more fields to the playlist area. I'd especially love to be able to see the BPM of songs in my playlist (which doesn't take much horizontal space), so I don't have to check with other means. (I mean, I can't remember the BPM for EVERY song I play!)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:19 am
I'll put my hand up for Text to be able to be added to any output too, and for it to be able to save some titles. Fonts and the black outline (This is how TV stations avoid having their white text vanish on light backgrounds) around all text would be a major bonus.

I usually leave one title up all night with drink specials on it, this I cannot do with 4.0 at this point.
Also, the "when no video present" option in video settings seems to be a text box. I typed "Slideshow" in there, but it seems to have a problem remembering what directory to play the files from.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:48 am
The Columns can be adjusted in the playlist just as in the main window, I can definately see my BPMs in the playlist

Rusty

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:50 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's really cool to be able to control with 1 TCV.
But it would be nice to keep the pitch (instead of resetting to 0%) when switching between the decks.

I also like the new video features but I would like to be able to do transitions with camera or sonique...

The last one: Sonique is getting old now, it would be nice to bring another plugin (milkdrop etc..)

Nice work though

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:57 am
But it would be nice to keep the pitch (instead of resetting to 0%) when switching between the decks.

Should be an option in general settings to turn off pitch reset.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:32 am
SiDHEaDPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
There is an option to turn off pitch reset isnt there?

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 11:06 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 11:27 am
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
A graphical way to reassign the buttons or knobs of the hardware controllers such that you can right click on the button and assign key strokes etc or multiple effects or default pre defined actions This can help many who arent midi clued up. Then let the program setup the corresponding midi actions and then allow for an advanced section for the midi gurus out there to be able to tweak or check on the setting set. Another thing could be sensitivity setting of jogwheels or scratchwheels.

Be able to create different actions for say jog wheels:

jogwheel and no other buttons = jogwheel
jogwheel and button defined as scratch = scratchwheel (conditional actions)

This way we dont have to redefine midi controls if you wanted to switch between the 2 modes. Its just a button click away.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:52 pm
djos06PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi all,

My request concerns the Plugin SDK, Deun Deun and I, have worked on a way to filter sample's Frequencies, calculating fft, ifft etc. VDJ actually offers a function called OnProcessFFT() wich enables us to work on frequencies but you can only work on the frequencies of source's samples... so for example, you cannot combinate a delay effect and a filter on frequencies.
Because of this, we tried to create a function which apply a "Working on frequencies" function (like a function you can code into the OnProcessFFT() function ) on a list of samples and return a list of output samples (the method is to 1)calculate fft , 2)apply function , 3) calculate ifft 4)reducing bad clic sounds). So our method works but makes bad sounds when moving slider effect, and it makes a little time to work after activating the effect.
All this boring explanation to say that we think that, the function we tried to create, already exists into VDJ but we don't have access to it, so my question is "does this function could be accessible by the SDK ?"
it certainly works better than our, because we aren't expert on sound Traitment like The VDJ Developper team :)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:11 pm
Just wanted to say wow this is a great thread everyone! I'm very impressed by the level of sophistication and intelligence in everyone's comments here... Much more productive than the whining that came right after 4.0 was released...

It looks like the main suggestions are for improved video and browser functionality. A lot of suggestions for restoring features found in 3.4, which I think should be easy enough for the development team! I will make one more request here for the timecode bypass feature to be improved and added back ;)

But thanks everyone -- if we continue to work patiently with the support and development team we can customize this software to work for us, the users, and really make it a superb product!

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:59 pm
ezlowHome userMember since 2006
i would love to see the bcd200 problem solved... many users bought the bcd2000 thinking that will work with VJ and then... lol.. u get the point...
it was great if u guys could solv the problem.. =D

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:47 pm
oh, I just had the feeling that save for one or two users who explicitely try to promote competitor softwares, BCD was working just fine. (as long as you uninstall midi-converters used with 3.4).

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 8:21 pm
Hi all,

I know the video/ FX has already been mentioned a couple of times on this thread, but just thought i'd add another vote for it. Not too fussed about the browser stuff- as long as you know what song you need; you can normally find it! :)

I also was thinking about how the video FX could be implemented to allow peole to crossfade from video to visuals to webcam, etc.

I thought that prehaps it would be quite useful to just have the video FX working just as they are now in V4, but with a drop down menu for each deck (Like how the audio FX are at the moment.) Of course you would still want to activate the visualisations automatically if no video is present. But it would then let you crossfade between whatever you wanted to show on your external screen

Just my two cents worth! Cant wait to see how the program develops from here. :)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:35 pm
Would be nice to get the old effect section back-or make multiply effects for each deck possible:-)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:56 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Multiply effects for each deck is allready possible ;) , search forum a bit.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:06 am
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Since this thread is here, how about multi video outputs for 1 deck. Say you have 2 video cards. 2 different images for the same audio track like the video to 1 screen and visualtions to another. Also, how bout other visualtion plugins, like win amps. Maybe?

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:24 am
I ran 4.0 live for the first time after testing here and found that video performance (mainly while loading) seems to have suffered compared to 3.4.

I also noticed while testing, that on typing "slideshow" into the "When no video present" window in video settings after playing two videos, then playing two MP3s VDJ 4 would crash as it tried to turn on the slideshow after about 3 or 4 "cycles" of vid-mp3s. I also found that it aways seemed to crash on Vid on right player, mp3 on left (Could be coincedence on the three crashes i had). The auto transition would run, and soon as the video slider was all the way left, the screen would freeze, song continued to end.

In running it last night, after I found the video was a bit unstable on load, I tried disengaging the keylock on both players, then even dragged the slider all the way left in performance to free up the CPU (I use the performance slider left anyway, with advanced Master tempo, the complexity setting really didn't seem to make any change to the sound!) the prosessor use with keyloak on was around 50 to 60% with key lock on, and even after turning it off, and switching the Master temo option (To fast) in settings I couldn't get it to drop. (CPU is a 3.06GHZ Pentium 4)
My point here is that I think VDJ 4 is forgetting to release some prosessor time when MT is turned off, or not used, after it has been in use.

After this I'm afraid i switched to 3.4 again (Where CPU use sits at 3-5% if i use no video preview on laptop screen, or 35% all night if i use preview) This for me could'nt compare to V4's 50 - 60%. I just need to do some more testing on the same system and see what happens if I load up, and don't turn Keylock on in the first place, does the CPU useage drop?

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 6:36 am
40%