Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ v4.0 - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i have the 4.0 version , need to know the proper settin when in ASIO mode of Hercules for TVC, i am gettin a draggin of the music and and the other table is going backwards.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
MyzraelHome userMember since 2006
Stil no demo......pisses me off.....is it gonna take ages or should I just buy Torq?

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:34 pm
demo is usually released some time after the official release...

And if you are going to buy a software, you might as well buy VDJ;)

if you'd like to try before you buy, demo will be released soon I hope

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:36 pm
Nope , I have more faith in Torq then in VDJ and the VDJ team has not proved me otherwise. No demo , tons of users complaining about VDJ 4.0 and the BCD so it does not sound very good to me now. Some time should not become weeks.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:44 am
Response to my previous post.........I complained about bad BDJ support before but it seems to be fixed. Good news.....now I want to confirm it! :lol:

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:50 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:41 am
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This looks like the right thread 4 this post.

Just want to congradulate the staff on VDJ 4.0 coz its absoululty great!!!

Look forward to seeing what you have in the future. You dudes rock!!

Phatt B

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 7:10 am
I've tested V4 yesterday. It's a great improvement (sound engine quality, ...). Some minors changes in program behavior, but in the right direction. Congratulations to the development, test and release teams. Good job.
I've also tested the CDJ700 skin (I've added xml and bmp to the zip skin file) and it works very well: Pioneer CDJ700S by RE aka FRUiT.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skin.html?id=99

I cannot wait for 4.1 (BCD 2K full support)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:16 pm
i hope the demo comes out soon i can't wait to try it out, i've been waiting for days now

greets

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:29 pm
Same here.........if the demo does not come out quickly I'm going to test it with a cracked version and I won't buy 4.0.........it's redicilous that we have to wait so long for a simple demo to be released.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:28 pm
No one pays me to say this. It comes from experience.
I have been a Dj since the drust of the earth was formed (we used something called Vinyl back then on two turntables made of stone- two squirrels kept the platters moving).

Seriously, I am 47 and have been a club DJ. I have lived thru many changes.

The one thing I can say is that any "Birth" i.e. 4.0 will have pains. It will be experienced differently as there are as many computer configurations as there are people using it.

So, I can say with confidence as a former user of OTHER programs - the team here has a vision, the have always ALWAYS corrected issues and moved forward. Try to find that in ANYOTHER software package - DJ software or not. Hell, we can't even get and OS that is bug free after 20 years! I have seen no other program that does what VDJ does - as well.

Off the soapbox for now - I need to get back to my walker and cane.
Ronny582

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:30 pm
Ronny

You're just a youngster compared to some of the folks around here (I'm 55 and my first paid DJ gig qwas in 1973) - There are a lot of us more mature DJs who really appreciate VDJ4. Good to hear of another one.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:53 pm
Where's the time that ppl said CD DJ's weren't real DJ's... *stares into infinity*
Will take a few years, but PCDJ's are the future.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:56 pm
I am laughing in reading my last post. I wasn't drunk! I just woke up. Sorry for the errors!

It is nice to see other "senior" members here.

I REMEMBER Studio 54...Didn't just read about it!

Ronny

PS-
Not only am I not awake, I posted in the wrong forum before re-posting it here. I think I AM having a senior moment.

Yikes, let's start this day over.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:43 pm
lol ;) thats ok.. we all have days like that ;) hehe

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:57 pm
Never made it over to Studio 54 being in the UK, but we had a good scene here too.:-)

Could it be that things were oh just so simple then Or has time rewritten every line - Probably not I can still remember carrying all the gear and vinyls round from gig to gig.

A

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 8:43 pm
Hey i'm only 17 :P don't call me old! I call people old :P

Anyways i'm still convinced the PC will be generally accepted soon ;)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:09 pm
Age is only a state of mind. I will grow up one day.
A

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 11:21 pm
Ive been involved with Mobile Disco's since 1979, seen evolution from 45's/ LP's using Rim drive BSR's to digital CDs but like records CDs still tended to mistack during the best tunes when the dancefloor Rocking, Minidisk with its shockproof memory solved this problem for me.

I was the 1st Disco in NZ to use dedicated minidisc system using a couple of Sony MDS-101s.
Had over 5000 tracks on MD catalogued on a Access Database.

My first venture into Mp3 DJ'n Was the Old PCDJ Blue that came with my DMC-1 Controller, I soon "Obtained" a copy of Red & Later FX.
Although PCDJ worked, my experience of it was tempramental, resource hungrey, and quite clinical.

I looked around for alturnatives compatible with my DMC-1 and found Virtual DJ, which I found a fun program that was a joy to use, Ive never looked Back!!

Why is Virtual DJ No.1...Cheaper than Most Professional Level Programs, More frequent updates, Free Updates, Greatest Compatiblity with controllers, more features, helpful friendly online community.

Virtual DJ Just keeps on getting better, Version 4 is no exception, Simply the Best

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:17 am
vladPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Oops.. Where are treble, mid and bass crossfaders gone? They were really useful in 3.x, especially when there was no external mixer. Any hopes to get them back?

Also, still no "backloop" feature, whilch jumps back 4, 8 or 16 beats and promptly starts a loop for the same value of beats. It is needed if I suddenly decide to loop a piece of track which is playing already. Maybe the new plugin engine could help to implement such a feature?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:53 am
61%