Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ v4.0 - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I used it last night in the club (now is 7:41 am, it was wild, I can't sleep ;) ), I must say it works perfect! 4 really looks professional now, sounds so much better on the loud club speakers, even my friends noticed difference! I just missed Skip option that I am used on 3.4 default skin, but I can make a shortcut for it, so no big deal. Great work Atomix team, keep it UP!

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:42 am
Is there a trial version of VDJ 4?¿?¿¿?

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 8:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Soon :)

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 8:47 pm
I can't seem to find the timestretch feature. i see that you can use the keylock button on the sblack skin that vdj4 opens with after first installed but i can't seem to find timestretch/keylock on most of the other skins. can timestretch only be used with certain skins now? am i just missing something here? i know it used to be in the options but now i can't find it. this is an impotant feature to my because i spin techno and also screwed and chopped rap. but i can't screw and chop the rap without this feature. please help

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:03 am
i have a question VirtualDj v4.0 is too expensive, but i really love this program
where can i downland this program like permanent

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 1:49 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
NuK4201 wrote :
can timestretch only be used with certain skins now? am i just missing something here? i know it used to be in the options but now i can't find it. this is an impotant feature to my because i spin techno and also screwed and chopped rap. but i can't screw and chop the rap without this feature. please help

Both the "Master_tempo" and the new "key_lock" commands can be easily assigned in keyboard shortcuts (and midi) and skin buttons.
The option in config has been removed, master tempo/keylock can be used separately on decks now.
And because of this i believe all the new skins will have these buttons now...

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 1:59 am
do u know how can i get VirtualDJ v4.0 for free ?

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 3:10 am
kinkyiio wrote :
do u know how can i get VirtualDJ v4.0 for free ?

@kinkyiio, enough.. you ask on all topics how to get vdj for free, well its not free.
Get a job, sorry.
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 3:34 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I simply LOVE the new default skin. I always thought the 3.x skin looked a little too 'kiddie' with all the bright colors. This new skin is just so slick and DARK! It matches my laptop better now, and just looks that much more professional.
I haven't played with it enough to determine if there are any issues yet. It seems to be just fine when I try out the other features. It still takes a long time (>3 minutes) to save the database when I close it. I might try starting over with the database and seeing if that helps. It's no worse than 3.x was, so it's still a big net gain.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:03 am
Dach wrote :
I simply LOVE the new default skin. I always thought the 3.x skin looked a little too 'kiddie' with all the bright colors. This new skin is just so slick and DARK! It matches my laptop better now, and just looks that much more professional.
I haven't played with it enough to determine if there are any issues yet. It seems to be just fine when I try out the other features. It still takes a long time (>3 minutes) to save the database when I close it. I might try starting over with the database and seeing if that helps. It's no worse than 3.x was, so it's still a big net gain.

I like this new skin too, as you said, it seems more professional.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 1:08 pm
stokucaHome userMember since 2006
version is cool but I can't to download it

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:35 pm
can someone post screen shots of v4. I would love to see what it looks like.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:22 pm
Used 4.0 live this weekend for the first time at the club. BOY! what a BIG IMPROVEMENT in the sound quality. It was near or even better then CD quality. I mostly use the Herc. MP3 and the Maya EX5, and everthing worked seamlessly. I realy like the way I can choose which output will be dedicated to the headphones. Maybe they should release a Beta first, then all the little bugs could be worked. As for me, 2 thumbs up! My CD jockey friends are really jealous now :)

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:52 pm
MyzraelHome userMember since 2006
Is the demo going to be online any time soon?

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:33 pm
djdalesHome userMember since 2006
i don't think so because people often try to stil virtual dj

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:49 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, the demo will be available in a few days.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:59 am
eljurrel wrote :
Used 4.0 live this weekend for the first time at the club. BOY! what a BIG IMPROVEMENT in the sound quality. It was near or even better then CD quality.

This is the big improvement in v.4 i took the risk even from earlier -buggy- betas to use it live because of this...

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:49 am
An important information here: spam removed

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:00 am
whats important there ?

MODERATORS: wrong link ???? spam ??

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:59 am
It will be nice to release a mk2 version, but I read not such well news of VDJ 4 and hercules consoles ...

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:39 pm
52%