Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ v4.0 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Demo won't be available for a few days, be patient.
If you buy Pro, you won't lose your money, belive me ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:16 pm
ok

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:19 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Child: Mummy Santa Claus gave me all these presents for FREE and I don't like them!
Adult: Son you haven't even opened them all
Child: weeeee I hate Christmas

Bagpuss: What a spoilt little prick..if I was the father i'd give him a slap..

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:24 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:35 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello Folks. It's been a while. Like everyone I rushed home and I'm just starting to play with the new version. Just finished scratching up a bit and can certainly tell the sound engine sounds better.
Two questions hopefully someone can help me out with.

1. Using the Power Audio skin, how do you BEATLOCK. I see the sync button but right click doesn't seem to work in making it lock.

2. The loop sampler-how does that work? I select a sample to load into it but there's only a record and volume button.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:57 pm
lol philly dj

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:07 pm
Excuse me for my ingnorance, but can anyone tell me how can I enable the timestrech in V4.0, so the pitch's voice won't change, just the tempo? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks a lot

Peace !!!

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:16 pm
I believe it's entitled key lock like numark h/w. I haven't played with it yet though. it's a button the power audio skin

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:17 pm
its right over the browser, it says keylock, just make sure the pitch is at 0 when u turn it on or use one of the other skins that have master tempo still on it
FYI it was removed from the config tab because you can now disable and enable it on indivisual decks

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:18 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In 4, keylock replaces Master Tempo, it's function is independant to each deck positioned to the bottom left of deck A and bottom right of deck B. It's not only kinder on your computers resources but also has practical advantages, as well as great quality ;).

The quality bar under performances (in the configuration window) directly changes the quality of the keylock function, so the softwares quality matches that of your computers.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:20 pm
Thank's everybody....I was wandering what that little lock did.....jejejejeje.....incredible feature and very handy....thanks for the info.......

And to the Dev team an owners.................as we alll expected, the V4.0 is awesome, looks very nice, very pro, today I have to perform in the biggest Club here in Guatemala and I already istalled V4.0 in a separate folders as V3.4 as someone wisely recomended, but I will try both when I set up the system to see if there is a noticesable diference in the sound engine, I'll keep you posted tomorrow.

Thanks atomix prod. as always...........the best DJ software in the planet....

Peace !!!

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:31 pm
Hey guys, can you answer my two questions I posted a post earlier?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:37 pm
after u select to sample just click on the text thats for the samples, the beatmatch lock isnt on the default skins but there 4 skins already available for ver 4

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:42 pm
U the man Phillydj. I'm in north jersey...maybe paths will cross. thanks for the answer.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:19 am
no problem, hope it works well for ya

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:22 am
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

Did anybody find out how to set the samples to the proper channels so that it would come as a whole in one channel?
I have an asio sound card (maya 44) and my samples coming out from both channels as a splited. In version 3.4 we were able to set them where they come out.

Thanks for the help

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:26 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You need a 3 channel asio soundcard to do that.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:39 am
edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Allrighty then!!!

More questions!!

I need to output my sound on channels 3/4 and 5/6 on my gigaport!! It does not give me the option to change it!!! Only gives options for chls 1/2 3/4 and reversed left deck on 3/4, right deck on 1/2.

Need help solving this one!! Had the same issues on ver. 3.4, but the solutions for that do not work for ver 4. (at least i haven't found it yet)

Any help would be appreciated!!

ED

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:49 am
I read in another tread that vdj 4.0 has support for mac? I am thinking of upgrading my laptop to a mac and if vdj can run on mac then I am definetly buying one! Can anyone clarify if this version supports mac? Or is there a seperate v.4.0 that supports mac? Please let me know. Thanks.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:51 am
mac version is still in devolopment

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:52 am
26%