Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ v4.0 - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Whe do we get a DJC version of v4

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:53 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
No you do not get a free update or DJC version of V4.

If you want to upgrade to version 4 of Virtual DJ you will need to pay the discount price.

This has already been asked and answered long ago.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:01 am
Is there a way to reset my performances tab to default(factory settings) cause it was working fine right after i downloaded 4.0 before i messed with it. Now everytime i load a song, the playing song on the other deck skips. I've tried taking it back to how it was but i guess once you move the slider it changes more than one thing. This is not a complaint, it's merely what i get for trying to fix what ain't broke. Help.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:14 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lol theres alot of that going around....did u try uncheck or checking the safemode and the overclock?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:20 am
Yeah they're all still on, my buffer is set to 128 and i didn't touch anything else. Quick question, If I re-installed it, would I have to clean the registry to so I get a clean install?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:25 am
Maybe this was already asked, but is there a way to have 2 or more video effects at the same time, such as sonique visualization and text together, or sonique and boom_auto together, or possibly all 3 at same time. I believe that this could be done in v3.4

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:28 am
No if you reinstall it, it will only overwrite the registry values.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:30 am
sonique and boom at same time could be done in VDJ 3.4, but two other video effects at the same time couldn't.

Some new features are coming in VDJ 4.1 ;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:31 am
@Jeremk. So what do you think I should do to reset everything.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:49 am
I think you should reinstall the software and it will set the default configuration back. But i'm not sure about that. Make sure to save everything you need before reinstalling.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:52 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Try reinstalling, but if that doesn't help you have to search for registry key and delete it to reset config.
Now, I finally downloaded V4 and tried it for few hours. Skin is nice and looks pro, sound quality is better and new Master Tempo sounds great alltough it needs a very powerfull machine to operate.
Now bad things:
just opening VDJ 4 gets my Athlon (Barton core) 2006+ at 22%, not playing anything (3.4 is at 0-5% doing the same thing). Default settings are in V4 but even if I set it for the best performance it stays the same (around 20%). Playing both decks gets it to 25-30% (3.4 is at 7-8%).
There is no Skip function in default skin - why?
Effects can't be pressed with right mouse click in Effects window (Temporary effect), only in pull down window on deck - why? This is bad because if I use Default 3.4 skin I can't use Temp effect at all.
Same goes for Play/Stutter button, I can't do right click for temp play as before.
When I play Sample on left deck it is heard on both.
V4 is good but there are places for improvments.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:09 am
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi JeremyK

Thanks for the imput but I have 2 more questions.

1 - In 3.4 even with Maya44 Asio card (with 4 outputs, 2 pairs of stereo channels) there was a choice for redirecting the samples outputs. I could not find it if there is.

2 - I also have Gigaport AG which has 8 outputs ( 4 pairs of stereo channels) still does not give me the option to choose which output I want my samples to go to.

And I must say to the Virtual DJ team. Great Job Guys. This thing is smoking. This is coming from user who owns, PCDJ, Mix Vibes, Traktor DJ, Mix Meister, Ableton Live. Keep up the great work.

DJ Palamuth

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:00 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Mantahoe wrote :
@Jeremk. So what do you think I should do to reset everything.

I'm not jerem, but i'll try to help..
George here btw.

Reistalling will not override your registry settings thats normal.
You dont want in every update to set all your options again.
However, the default settings in performances tab is the second preset, try this.
If you still have problems raise the latency, and (important) if you use maya44usb set it to "auto"

@gulker, the option with 3-mixer channels allow you to use outputs 1+2, 3+4, 5+6 of your soundcards for players and samples.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:48 am
I don't know what to say- THROW AWAY TRAKTOR?? haha j/k

VDJ 4.0 has kept their promise by redesigning their sound engine! Even on a "simple" internal sound card the difference is hugely noticed.

Had a few minor issues with latency but it's all good. For those of you out there who are having problems, don't give up. There are now so many ways to configure the sound in VDJ. In my case, using "safe mode" and "auto detect" were worse. I had to set my latency at the highest, even the next one down was clickish. But alas....it works great after some minor adjustments.

After spending 4 hours at home tweaking and testing I'm live right now at a gig (against many vdj staff members advisorys) and running karaoke from 4.0 flawlessly! Still encountering my typical video freeze problems but that's due to my lovely INTEL integrated video card and only happens when using divx encoded media. VDJ recommends to NOT use HARDWARE ACCEL with integrated cards but it sucks up a lot of cpu power to not have accel turned on.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and happiness. I can sleep soundly tonight, thanks to that loooong awaited wait and loss of sleep that many of us encountered! It was actually fun, I caught up on a lot of the forum discussions.

Happy Spinning!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:35 am
apopsis wrote :
@gargantulakon and all,
It's not a good idea to change important setup options like soundcard mode (asio, etc) or latency/buffer settings "on the fly", even if software support this.
Never at a gig anyway.
Want to change the soundcard or latency ? just put an audio cd, do the change (restart the program will not hurt), listen to the headphones and play again..
This as a general rule.

Of course, never while doing a performance, but I am just trying to set it up to test it. What do you mean by put an Audio CD? Don't you mean load up an MP3 in Virtual DJ?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:38 am
Steve Lynch wrote :
beautiful job guys... works flawlessly with the dac-3 and the behringer bcd2000 couldn't ask for more....

Really, the Behringer BCD2000 works well? That’s good to hear, but other people were having issues with getting the BCD2000 to work with Version 4.0. The thread about it is here.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:43 am
well, i've had a few hours to play with v4.0, and at first, i was kinda skeptical. But after playing with it awhile, i really enjoy the changes, and its definetely awesome! Great job guys!

i just have one question...does anyone know what the orange 'not equal' sign next to some songs in the browser mean?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:46 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I want to know too!! A bunch of my tracks have the not equal sign on them, they play just fine - but what is that telling me?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:49 am
gulker wrote :
This is coming from user who owns, PCDJ, Mix Vibes, Traktor DJ, Mix Meister, Ableton Live. Keep up the great work.

Wow, you're rich. :-) After many months of figuring out which program to pay for, I chose Virtual DJ. I can't afford to have any other DJ software.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:52 am
jengelHome userMember since 2006
HOW COME MY HERCULES DOES NOT SCRATCH ON 4.0

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:33 am
35%