Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ v4.0 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Any plans on adding support for Windows Media Services in Virtual DJ ?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:09 pm
I've had a quick play on my laptop and am very very impressed. Top Job all involved.

It seems to run a little slicker if anything than 3.4. Gonna test it with maya44/dac3 etc tonight... but looks great !

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:28 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@gargantulakon and all,
It's not a good idea to change important setup options like soundcard mode (asio, etc) or latency/buffer settings "on the fly", even if software support this.
Never at a gig anyway.
Want to change the soundcard or latency ? just put an audio cd, do the change (restart the program will not hurt), listen to the headphones and play again..
This as a general rule.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:18 pm
Yes - this is common sense - I for one wouldn't even open the config window in the past live at a gig.

Of course there are always those that will try to just because they can....

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:28 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thank You VDJ Team! I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we really appreciate all the hard work you've put in!!

Rory

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:53 pm
I understand almost all what's been added but what's "MSN" setting for ?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:57 pm
Ummm.. disabled Microsoft Messenger when VDJ is running... just a guess !

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:02 pm
nope, showing your MSN contacts what you are mixing ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:09 pm
Has anyone figured out how to get the visualizations to display? I have it set to Sonique, with the Slideshow option set, and the effect activated, but all i see is a black video window, with the name of the song displayed. I also have the Record config option set to Master.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:26 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
nope, showing your MSN contacts what you are mixing ;)

I like this feature ;) Good idea! :)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:38 pm
djfxprogressive wrote :
Has anyone figured out how to get the visualizations to display? I have it set to Sonique, with the Slideshow option set, and the effect activated, but all i see is a black video window, with the name of the song displayed. I also have the Record config option set to Master.

I was getting the same, check out my post in support section. Thanks to Norway for helping me out.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:48 pm
beautiful job guys... works flawlessly with the dac-3 and the behringer bcd2000 couldn't ask for more....

nice sound, no issues so far... video is smooth, and everything is easier to access (effects and such) very very happy!

Glad you didn't go changing a good thing too much... you just took the best solution out there, and fixed all the little glitches and quirks..

I applaud your restraint..... this seems like it's gonna' be a joy to use!

-Steve Lynch

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:31 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
you guys are genius. forget einstein.. he did what like 5 characters? e=mc2?

thats nothing.. this is amazing. excellent job

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:37 pm
@ Mr. Clavel

You are truly a software scholar and a generous gentleman. Furthermore, you are a man of your word, “as always, the update to version 4 is free for all users of previous pro versions.”

THANK YOU!

I also want to thank everyone else involved in furthering the evolution of the best software on the planet!

OO

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:02 pm
TopHouse wrote :
djfxprogressive wrote :

I was getting the same, check out my post in support section. Thanks to Norway for helping me out.

i've the same issue than djfxprogressive, and i didn't find any soluce in the support section

Can you help me ?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:40 pm
klepPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey hello. i like that there is a vdj 4.0 that i wanted so long. but when ik see the effects. i begun to cry.
i work with the trusty hercules dj console mk2. and the buttons 1,2,3 just work with the effects and i used them 2 or 3 at the same time. is that still possible,because i use my mouse the select them and edit them and just used the numberd buttons to switch them on and off. and i have like 20 effect or so, but i cant vind in the program. there still in the effects map ready en unpackt. i think iam going to install 3.4 again because i have a gig tommorow and i need the effect in that old way to do the magic by combining my mouse and console. i have a lot of fun of your program because it is just good. but can somebody explain please... thank you very much guys,and keep up the good work!

dj Nandor

-amsterdam feelings-

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:41 pm
Steve Lynch wrote :
beautiful job guys... works flawlessly with the dac-3 and the behringer bcd2000 couldn't ask for more....

I must be missing something, but BCD support does not do so well for me.. FF/REV does not work, the wheel feels very bad, leds do not work, looping is weird if it works. Overall I am not impressed..

I will agree it is an improvemnt over 3.4 on it's own. But it's nowhere near the other software I use feature wise.

- No VST stacks
- No VST on main out if you use a MIDI mixer
- No looping 'tricks' on BCD2000
- goes outside a loop if you backspin (BAD!! IMO)
- still does not sound as good as other software I use
- terrible 'recordcae' still

Overall, better but not as good as I hoped/expected. IMO Numark has no chance of getting anywhere near Serato with this..

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:00 pm
klepPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey its me agian. i try to install 3.4 but i only have update and not the full version and i need it so bad.
is the full version of 3.4 still availble. this is a big gig for me tommorow so please help me.thank you.

dj Nandor

-amsterdam feelings-

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:05 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should ask support team on the download page for full install.
I am just downloading V4, it bursted at 33Mb so I downloading again. My impressions about it later ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:14 pm
i clicked the link to download de 4.0 version demo in the downloads page, but the link goes to the 3.4 version download.
I want buy the vdj 4 but i have the bcd 2000 hardware, and i dont want lost my money.

gretings from chile
Dj Reactivo

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:14 pm
17%