Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ Skin Maker - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I will have a working BETA version by the middle of next week (I am off to bufflo this weekend) I am working out some bugs with the XML part in the new version. When it is finished I will let everyone know.

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 3:51 pm
elvinHome userMember since 2004
Well that would be great!
But can everybody get it then??

I hope so, I would really like to try out!

Greetz
Elvin

Posted Sat 02 Oct 04 @ 12:41 pm
is this so called VDJ skin maker almost done yet?

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 2:36 am
i hope i can use it. i have so many good ideas.

good luck. i hope its almost done.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 5:17 am
dj-in-norway: “vbjacks skin maker for sure does what it says it can… used it alot for the making of my upcoming skin...”

Maybe after you release your skin dj-in-norway, the VDJ Staff will realize the benefit of this very unselfish endeavor (VDJ will benefit the most) and host the VDJ Skin Maker on its site.

OO

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 5:47 am
hope so OO ;) really hope so.... its a great app, and as you said, its amazing that a nice guy like VBjack puts so much time and effort in such an app... for VDJ and its users..

I solute him for that! ;)

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 1:18 pm
I just read all the posts about the VDJ Skin Maker.
As everyone says : Big thanks and congratulation for VBJack. If the VDJ users made a religion, you will surely be our Jesus !!! lol !
I can't wait for this app. Very nice to you, man.

Rémi

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 1:39 pm
Please don't hold me in such high regard. I am just trying to give a little something back.

I am back from my Bufflo Trip and it was a great weekend. I will have the VDJ Skin maker BETA finished by the end of this week. When it is finished I will consult with the VDJ team and then post on this fourm the results and take it from there. Trust me you are only within 5 days from a workin BETA version.

-JaK

PS If anyone would like to see some screen shots of the BETA please email me. My email address is in my profile.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 9:35 pm
5 days.............good luck.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 11:55 pm
i wish i knew how to make a skin.

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 1:51 am
THE-KRAZYMAN: just browse through the skins forum, you will find much information as to how to make your own skin. As a starting point, you could unzip some skins, and look at each file in great detail (particularly the .xml file)... :)

macourteau

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 2:20 am
I am happy to report the application is almost finished. I have a few minor things to work out and I am looking to friday as the day it will be finished. I want to remind everyone what this application does. First and foremost it is not a graphics drawing program (Yet!) this application will only help you with the XML Part of the skin. You will be able to draw the controls/elements directly onto the skin to give better position coordinates for the XML Part of the skin. You must create your actual Bitmap Skin in another application such at MS Paint/Adobe Photoshop. You will be able to create a Skin XML File from scratch as long as you have the BMP(Skin). You will be able to open and edit existing Skin projects, Save all projects. As soon as this BETA version is finished I am going to start working on a help module on how to use the application. Until then i will only have a brief description on how to use the application (getting started guide). If the VDJ Team permits I will start another thread in this fourm for questions and ideas for the application.

-JaK

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 7:32 pm
¡ MUCHAS GRACIAS !

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 10:08 pm
Hey it's Friday lol.

I'm so excited.

Posted Sat 09 Oct 04 @ 12:35 am
so is it done yet?

how do i download it or what?

where do i get it?

Posted Sat 09 Oct 04 @ 4:31 am
elvinHome userMember since 2004
Any news VBJACK?

Posted Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 11:49 am
LOL..........I KNEW IT WAS NOT TRUE.........

this whole time i was waiting and it was a bunch of bullshit.

i want my 2weeks back...........

so is it real or not?

when will you finish it?

Posted Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 8:56 pm
THE-KRAZYMAN: we have all been waiting for this program for some time now, but you have to understand that this program is done on a free-time basis, so it might not (as with most projects done on a free-time basis) be ready as soon as we hope so.

macourteau

Posted Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 9:41 pm
And 'when is it finished?' is probably the worst question a programmer can be asked. I've been a programmer for some time, and I know I always said that it will be finished when it's done...

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 12:42 am
I do have a finished version of the software. But as with any application being released for BETA Testing, I have found problems that need to be addressed. I do not wat to release a program with bugs that I am aware of. The reason for BETA tesing an application is so that any bugs can be found and taken care of. But I am not aware of any developer that will knowingly relase software with bugs they know about.

KarzyMan - I will send you the application if you want, and you can use it. But do not email me telling me parts of the program dont work right then.

Give me a couple of days and I will have a version ready for testing.

-JaK

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 6:40 pm
71%