Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ Skin Maker - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Cool

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 1:12 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
vbjack:

Any news regarding ATOMIX review or software development?

Cheers, erXon

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 11:35 am
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I haven't heard anything from them yet, as soon as I do, you all will

-Jack

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 2:04 am
sooooooooooooo whats going on i wanna tryit 2
pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Posted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 6:14 am
lol, but ditto... ;)

Posted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 1:00 pm
I am stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting to hear from the VDJ Team, they have the beta version and I just don't think they had the time to review it yet, and I am going by what they have requested of me to wait until the review it before I start giving it out, Sorry guys/gals. Like I said when I hear something you all can bet you will.

-JaK

Posted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 1:59 pm
thanx for the hard work
and i hope the team gets some time to check it out

dj smokey

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 2:58 am
What happen with this project? Any update??

OO

b.t.w. I really appreciate the self-sacrifice you’ve made vbjack. You personify the word “unselfish.”

Posted Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 5:05 pm
:(

I still haven't heard from the VDJ team, noe do I know if they have ever had the chance to review it. I think they are on vacation (atleast the ones reviewing the software)

Sorry guys/gals

-JaK

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 9:13 pm
vbjack:

I couldn’t locate a skin by you in the skins library (unless I overlooked it). Have you used your VDJ Skin Maker software to make one?

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 3:17 am
he he, I haven't actually used the skin maker to make a skin of my own (I am not a graphic artist), but I have taken other skins from the VDJ Site and editted them with the skin maker. I have also stripped out all the XML code and just used the graphic to create a skin from scratch (less my own graphic) and it worked fine in the software. I still haven't heard a word from the VDJ team about the skin maker app. But I have since decided to start reproducing the app I created in VB6 to VB.NET. If I do not hear from he VDJ team after I finish porting the app to VB.Net I will have to abandon the project completely. I figure about 1 1/2 weeks I should have it finished in .Net

-JaK

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 12:13 am
Abandon the project??? Just put it on your own site (or mine), it's not that the guys from VirtualDJ can prevent anyone to make some freeware to make skins for their product.

I think I'll speak for anyone in here if I say: please don't abandon this project! :)

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 10:25 am
As of right now I have started with the porting to .NET framework. For those of you that do not understand what that meens. I am using an updated version of a programming language VB6 (OldTechnology) VB.Net (New Technology). the way this is going I will have a finished product within a few days (most of the code I am just reusing from the old app). So it should go pretty fast. After which I will re-submit to the VDJ Team. If I do not hear from them with after a few days from the finish I will look to other meens to get it to the public. I do not have a web site to post this on, and I am not charging anything for the application and if the VDJ team does not want to support the product on thier site, it will make it hard to get it to the users.

-Jack

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 3:04 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If VDJ team doesn't want to support the product on the site, and if they don't restrict it (since it's freeware), just let us know, we can all put it up on our sites (for sure there are lots of us who has a sotrage site or server), than just put up links here for users to download. Simple;) Though it really seems strange for VDJ team not to respond at all, a simple "thanks for suggestion, we'll look into it" would do. Well, we'll see what happens ...

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 6:32 pm
they said they would look at it, but I haven't heard from them since. I heard a rumor that they were on vacation. And I am sure they have been busy since they got back. I will finish up what I am working on now (porting the app, improving it) and ask them if they would like to look at it again. then we can see what happens from there.

-Jak

PS - Don't get mad at these guys (VDJ Team) they are very busy working with VDJ.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 7:38 pm
Lodewijk: “I think I'll speak for anyone in here if I say: please don't abandon this project!”

You definitely speak for me Lodewijk!!

Vjback, you should use the following suggestion by erxon: “we can all put it up on our sites (for sure there are lots of us who has a sotrage site or server), than just put up links here for users to download.”

It would also be helpful if this thread were anchored (I guess this is the term used at this site) to the first page of this forum by a moderator.

Whatever you do Vjback, PLEASE DON’T ABANDON THIS PROJECT!!!

b.t.w. I have to agree with erxon's statement, "Though it really seems strange for VDJ team not to respond at all, a simple 'thanks for suggestion, we'll look into it' would do. Well, we'll see what happens ..."—it is called "professionalism."

Posted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 10:47 pm
I'll gladly host the software on one of my sites as well...provided it does what it says it can lol.

Let me know soon as vbJack

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 11:48 pm
Trust me it does what it says it can. I should have the .NET version finished within a few days.

-JaK

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 2:24 am
is it all most done yet?

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 3:40 am
vbjacks skin maker for sure does what it says it can ;)
have been beta testing it (thanx vbjack!), and used it alot for the making of my upcoming skin...

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 1:31 pm
54%