Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW VERSION: VirtualDJ 2020 - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Used 2020 on Saturday night for a gig and was flawless.

I have just 1 small issue. I'm using the performance layout and cannot see an indicator for pitch lock?
I use pitch lock quite a lot for doing transitions to different BPMs and not having a visual indicator is slightly annoying.

Maybe its me and cant see it. but happy to hear if anyone knows where it might be or how to get it to appear again.

Posted Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 11:10 am
Think i may have found the answer in the updated guide, but it only mentions it for the pro layout only.
So will need to check as i'm using the performance layout to see if it is the same.

Posted Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 3:36 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I have noticed lots of little glitches and bugs across the default skin . I am using pro mode.

Sometimes the problem is that sometimes the problem is not. I’ve had flickering in the browser.
And text zone are not appearing correctly on buttons. Restarting VDJ fixes the problem.
Then start using the skin and text zone start going wrong again. and lines appearing in the browser

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 2:58 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
Used 2020 on Saturday night for a gig and was flawless.

I have just 1 small issue. I'm using the performance layout and cannot see an indicator for pitch lock?
I use pitch lock quite a lot for doing transitions to different BPMs and not having a visual indicator is slightly annoying.

Maybe its me and cant see it. but happy to hear if anyone knows where it might be or how to get it to appear again.

I created 3 Custom Buttons with - smart_play, pitch_lock and pitch_reset
Then, when any of those are selected, they light up onscreen with the Pro & Performance skins.

An alternative would be to create a custom pad page with the same 3 buttons.

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 3:39 am
djles - Good shout - i will try that too.

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 12:15 pm
DJ Format are you using 64-bit when seeing this issue?

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 12:16 pm
Mr DJ Mel wrote :

Yes I’m using the 64-bit version.

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 12:58 pm
DJ FORMAT wrote :
Mr DJ Mel wrote :

Yes I’m using the 64-bit version.

Might be the new crisp clear font render..
Try with cleartype set to "no" in settings, for now..

Done what you suggested . Seems to fix the problem in the skin . So I will leave it on that setting for now.

However did notice other issues no matter what setting it is on with the config window which is not part of the skin . And a problem down the side of the browser. Please see link below .

https://youtu.be/B-4Wban5iUE

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 1:08 pm
on Performance Rack select we have a choice to choose "close all" mixer, effects, video so I choose Mixer if I closed virtualDJ and reopen it again it go back to close all. it should stay on whatever choice we pick not go back to close all.!!!

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 1:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@FDsalsaDJ add this to your ONINIT

set '$mix_rack' 1 & load_skin

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 1:58 pm
Like the new skin but i see some problems. When i set the circle to display BPM the time display has bottom cut off like font is too big.
Also How can i Down load the 8.4 Manual, Been waiting for this since New up date?
Guessing around is not my cup of tea. A couple of shaders make the wave stutter and delay. So Please take a look at that.
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 20122. 5 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 3:03 pm
locodog wrote :
@FDsalsaDJ add this to your ONINIT

set '$mix_rack' 1 & load_skin

thanks locodog...tried the command on ONINIT saved it went back to the skin select mixer closed vdj reopen it and it went back to close all. any others subjection?

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 3:57 pm
Done what you suggested . Seems to fix the problem in the skin . So I will leave it on that setting for now.

However did notice other issues no matter what setting it is on with the config window which is not part of the skin . And a problem down the side of the browser. Please see link below .

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 7:22 pm
GalawasPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi, I have a problem with the FX & Pads panel view options on the default skin, they reset whenever you switch to another skin and back. Is there a way to save these?

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 9:01 pm
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
groovindj wrote :
Look for the lines that say <button action="masterdeck">. Below each of those there's a <text> line that says colorselected="textdarker". Change that to colorselected="red" (which results in the colour shown).

Brilliant! Thanks Groovindj. That's started me off happily burrowing into the world of skin script.... :-)

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 8:30 am
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi Galawas,

Yes, I'd noticed that too.

The 'Pro' Skin FX_Panel retains the options that you have chosen if you close VDJ, but always reverts to 'FX x3' or 'FX x1' options if you change out of the Pro skin and then come back (I prefer the 'FX x 3 (Full)' option! :-) ).

Also in the 'Performance' Skin FX_Panel (not the 'effects rack') there doesn't seem to be an option for a single effect - only FX x 3 seems possible there....

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 11:44 am
How do I connect virtual vinyl controller to virtual DJ 2020?

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 1:04 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

Might be the new crisp clear font render..
Try with cleartype set to "no" in settings, for now..

Also tried to turn off cleartype off and as you say it fixes the issue for the decks but in other areas it doesnt. For instance i was renaming some tracks in the tag editor and parts of the track name were missing.

So looks like its back to 32-bit again, which to be fair has been perfectly good, so will stay with that until the 64-bit issues have been resolved.

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 3:34 pm
kingasanka wrote :
How do I connect virtual vinyl controller to virtual DJ 2020?

It's not a controller. It's an audio interface. Connect it by plugging it in.

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 4:25 pm
Couldn't find how to turn on the cue markers in the small waveform last night. Any pointers to where? Thank you.

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 9:22 am
62%