Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW VERSION: VirtualDJ 2020 - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

What do you mean by cue markers? Do you mean being able to see the name of each cue? By "small waveform" I assume you mean the songpos in each deck.

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 10:10 am
groovindj wrote :
What do you mean by cue markers? Do you mean being able to see the name of each cue? By "small waveform" I assume you mean the songpos in each deck.

It appears that the cue markers show if in performance layout but only if the layout is set to small. I don't mean "see the name" I mean the actual marker.

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 12:27 pm
If you're using 4 deck view, there's currently a software glitch that prevents the cues showing in the lower decks (in some 4 deck views).

It's been reported and presumably will get fixed at some point.

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 12:30 pm
Thank you. It was driving me mad trying to find the setting control

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 2:06 pm
IKWYM. I spent ages looking at the skin code, trying to figure out why they weren't showing. There's no problem with the skin - it's VDJ itself.

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 2:13 pm
Which brings me to a feature request. I'd like to make decks 3/4 priority decks (main view) 1/2 the support decks. The ability to swap them as such would be a nice little feature.

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 2:31 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
Which brings me to a feature request. I'd like to make decks 3/4 priority decks (main view) 1/2 the support decks. The ability to swap them as such would be a nice little feature.

Click the swap deck arrow up button ;-)

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 3:44 pm
I thought that was eject... i'll try that tonight. Thank you

Posted Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 8:02 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
mitchiemasha wrote :

Already available
https://youtu.be/N5HMDKn5hNA

Posted Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 1:36 am
DJ FORMAT wrote :
mitchiemasha wrote :

Already available

So it auto swaps focus when selecting the deck to be focus. I hadn't tried that view with my denon connected. I had it in performance layout. If not, should be an easy map.

Posted Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 4:30 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
DJ FORMAT wrote :
mitchiemasha wrote :

Already available

So it auto swaps focus when selecting the deck to be focus. I hadn't tried that view with my denon connected. I had it in performance layout. If not, should be an easy map.

Same applies to performance mode the layouts are similar . And that option is available.

And if you map a shortcut on your controller keyboard it will work with all of the skins.

Mapping is. invert_deck

Posted Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 9:06 pm
DJ FORMAT wrote :

Mapping is. invert_deck

Thank you. I will be setting that up to invert the top decks to be which ever 2 decks are selected to be in control via the controller.

Actually, I've just realised this might not work as I'm wanting. Swapping the decks on the controller only swaps one. This feature swaps both.

Posted Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 9:39 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
DJ FORMAT wrote :

Mapping is. invert_deck

Thank you. I will be setting that up to invert the top decks to be which ever 2 decks are selected to be in control via the controller.

Actually, I've just realised this might not work as I'm wanting. Swapping the decks on the controller only swaps one. This feature swaps both.

Yes this will only swap one side so for instance deck one and deck three. I don’t use the scratch button on my controller and I have one each side so as soon as I can sign the command to one side it signs it to the opposite side also but yes they are independent from each other . This works well for me as I only have a controller that supports two decks so being able to swap independently makes it easier to access the other two decks . But obviously if you are using a controller that support 4 decks this feature wouldn’t be a lot of use . Only for the visual .

Posted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 12:02 am
Galawas wrote :
Hi, I have a problem with the FX & Pads panel view options on the default skin, they reset whenever you switch to another skin and back. Is there a way to save these?

Here the same after every restart of the program in the Pro-skin

Posted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 3:10 pm
They don't have any persistent variables assigned in the skin XML.

Posted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 3:16 pm
groovindj wrote :
They don't have any persistent variables assigned in the skin XML.

Could this be added in the next version because its a little anoying.

Posted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 3:25 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
The new Pro 4 deck layout's really useful for 2 deck controllers to have the ability to manipulate the faders on any of the 4 decks using the swap button or invert_deck mapping. I remember having to swap tracks out of each deck manually in the 4 deck layout of 2018 in order for my 2 deck controller to have access to the deck's faders in certain situations. I've tried invert_deck in the Old skin and it didn't seem to work. That makes me like the new 2020 Pro 4 deck layout a lot more now and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

If anyone creates a new skin using 4 full decks (blocks is a good one), I hope the swap button could be added to the skin and invert_deck mapping could be functional if it's possible to help budget controllers have full access to each deck. Otherwise, the 4 decks are 2 hardware and 2 software decks for budget controllers. It's not that using the fader in the software's a huge problem, but sometimes you're trying to perform a complicated blend where a lot's happening all at once and your hands can't reach away at that moment.

I've mapped invert_deck left to Z and invert_deck right to X and now I can map them to my G keys or any button on my mouse which's so useful. Thanks for the info!

Posted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 3:30 pm
Can someone alter this skin like this...
The left side is the deck set up example. Those deck options can be added to the drop down menu. The pitch read out go next to the tempo read out on deck. The cover art area a smart cover for video.

Posted Thu 10 Oct 19 @ 7:38 pm
es un nuevo programa muy buenaso

Posted Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 12:15 am
Djratedxxx this skin is brilliant!

Posted Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 9:42 am
69%