Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 26

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Okay, I get the picture.

As I say... I use an IBM, and that part works perfectly for me. I know of nothing other than incorrect settings that could cause your problem. Here are my video settings, if you'd like to compare while waiting for the experts to weigh in:

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 9:08 pm
Have checked my settings and it is probably that videoForceFullscreen was set to 1 as required for a computer using dual video cards. I have changed it to 0 and it works as you describe. The Mac has dual video cards, a high performance one for using with mains power, and a low performance one for conserving battery power when not plugged into the mains. That's why mine was set to 1. This has worked fine as I have been a video DJ for over 8 years, first with VDJ7 then with VDJ8. I've moved into a different market doing weddings now and sadly don't use video anymore. All my tunes for the last 8 years are videos from Promo Only and I like to see them showing onscreen even though they are not output to external screens.
Cheers
Les

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 2:08 am
Okay, as I thought. Good deal.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 6:29 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Had to go back to the old skin and add some Green

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 10:09 pm
I'm trying to modify this skin and change what text is displayed on the Hot Cue 1 button. I want it to show a beat countdown to Hot Cue 2 and then nothing once Hot Cue 2 is passed.

I've change line 4769 to:

<button class="sidebutton" x="+6" y="+37" action="hot_cue 1" rightclick="holding 2000ms ? delete_cue 1 : goto_cue 1" tooltip="Hot Cue 1\nRightclick to go to cue\nHold right to delete cue"><text size="15" action="var_greater '%Btocue2' 0 ? get_text '1' : get_text '1\n%Btocue2'"/></button>

But the beat countdown remains after the position of Hot Cue 2 has passed. I know the issue is with "var_greater '%Btocue2' 0 ?" as if I change this for just a simple query like "has_cue 3" I can get the text to change by creating and deleting Hot Cue 3. I presume you can query %Btocue2?

I've tried some suggestions of playing with the visibility of a textzone but this doesn't seem to work. I just need to get the correct query and then I'll be happy :-)

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 8:27 am
Try this:
action="get_text '%Btocue2' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? get_text '1' : get_text '1\n%Btocue2"

PS: Are you sure you want to mix cue2 and cue1 ?

To me it seems more logical like this:
get_text '%Btocue1' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? get_text '1' : get_text '1\n%Btocue1

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 8:51 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Try this:
action="get_text '%Btocue2' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? get_text '1' : get_text '1\n%Btocue2"

PS: Are you sure you want to mix cue2 and cue1 ?

To me it seems more logical like this:
get_text '%Btocue1' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? get_text '1' : get_text '1\n%Btocue1

Thank you! I'll give that a try...

The end result I'm after is on Hot Cue 1, it shows how many beats until Hot Cue 2 and then nothing on Hot Cue 1 when Hot Cue 2 has passed... Hot Cue 1 is my load point, Hot Cue 2 is the "Drop" when the intro has finished. This way I know how many beats I have to play with to mix the last song out...

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 9:52 am
That's almost working but the display adds the initial get_text '%Btocue2' to the button text. I've modified what you suggested to clarify what I mean:

action="get_text '%Btocue2' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? get_text 'Before' : get_text 'After'"

When playing before Hot Cue 2 is reached, Hot Cue 1 text reads "Beats to Hot Cue 2Before" e.g. "10Before".
When playing after Hot Cue 2, Hot Cue 1 text reads "Beats to Hot Cue 2After" e.g. "-10After".

It's so close, any ideas?

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 1:39 pm
This may be a universal problem, but I'm using a version of this skin, and I've noticed that after the last couple of VDJ updates, my album art is not appearing consistently in the deck area. Also, when I click in that area, the "Tag Edit" menu no longer pops up.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 5:18 pm
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
when i use 2 deck mode with only one controller (CDJ-900) it always switches between 4 decks. But i ony see 2 Decks. Is this a problem of VDJ at itself, the mapping of the cdj or do you have the option to config the deck amount in your skin options?

Btw. I Love your customiziable V8 skin, but this is a serious issue for me.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 3:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Probably because the skin has nbdecks="4" which makes VirtualDJ cycles through all 4 decks.
You best option is to edit the xml skin and have nbdecks="2" instead of "4" (first line of the xml file)

If that is not the case (nbdecks="2" in the xml), then probably you are using a 4 decks controller/mixer which would lead to the same issue.

In general, VirtualDJ tries to "offer" control to all the "available" decks , with the gear you are using, so with 2 CDJs it will smart select to split the decks to left and rights, but if you use only 1 unit, then it will try to offer all 4 decks (if defined)

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 11:39 pm
Hi,

I use Fruit Skin with the V2483 and V2587 , how can i get if its possible visual marks on the waveform like the picture :

Posted Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 11:33 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Did Fruit went to the North pole?

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 2:04 pm
If he did, he's made the return journey! He has been posting recently.

Posted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 2:42 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL

Posted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 5:15 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
groovindj wrote :
He has been posting recently.

Seen.
Him being around is good new for me and our fellow Virtual Dj Family!!

Posted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 8:16 pm
gooood, FRUiT is back!

The best VDJ8 skin might have an update soon then! :D

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 9:12 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes of course, 0.7 is to be released soon it's almost ready :)

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 5:26 pm
good news ;o)))))

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 7:18 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Dj FRUiT Can you add this color ( the 1st skin you made ) and make it bold to the front for a Option.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 12:33 am
67%