Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 25

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Link on page 1 has now been updated (by someone) and works again.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 11:00 am
This skin is amazing!
The best one I think. A lot of options, the layout is clear, no fancy graphic (I love the "flat" option) and everything kept simple, clean and functional...and good looking at the same time!
It should be the default one for real!

I noticed that when I switch between the 2 decks and the 4 decks swap, I loose the settings I have set (and vice versa). For exemple the "Waves" setting get lost. Am I missing something?

I also hope with the next update the "z 4 decks" layout will have the option to flatten all button and knobs like the 2 decks (and 4 decks swap). :D

Thanks for this great skin!!

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 1:53 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks, the skin is only "half" finished and stills under construction.

skatercorpse wrote :
I noticed that when I switch between the 2 decks and the 4 decks swap, I loose the settings I have set (and vice versa). For exemple the "Waves" setting get lost. Am I missing something?

The wave window has to be reset when switching layout, because not all the "2-decks" diff views are available in "4-decks" layout, thus it should keep at least its pos and height.

skatercorpse wrote :
I also hope with the next update the "z 4 decks" layout will have the option to flatten all button and knobs like the 2 decks (and 4 decks swap). :D

Not sure... but a similar layout could be proposed soon, in the main skin, so it would be seemlessly according to all currently available options / tweaks.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 5:44 am
Hey Fruit, nice to see your still around.
all the best
ray

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 7:36 am
Yes sorry i,I've had a measles... As well as other few IRL problems...

So, back soon :)

Thanks, take care of you and your family as well ma dear friend :)

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 9:27 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Measles, damn, at least you're immune now.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 12:32 pm
In fact I had a vaccin as all childs in my country, but somehow, either the vaccin has become inefficient, or we should've had some recalls, but now a variant called 'attenuated' can accommode with the vaccin, weird...

Stills pretty heavy stuff, besides...

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 8:24 am
I'm convinced that most vaccines are pretty much a scam, anyway.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 8:33 am
Hope you are feeling better soon ...... and fix that waveform direction BTW:)

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 5:44 pm
@Fruit Was tinkering around with your skin this morning and found a minor error. I use video files a lot and noticed that after the default time it changes the browser icon to red to indicate that it has been played as expected, but, it is changing the video icon to the mp3 icon. It just means that if you were to play the same tune more than once in a session you wouldn't be sure whether it was an mp3 or a video.

Great skin BTW, I may start using it regularly after I make a small modification. For harmonic mixing I generate the Camelot key from MIK7 and have the value stored in the Comment field. On skins I have used I have modified the deck display to show the Comment version of the Camelot value rather than the standard Key value. It could be an option for the third line in the deck display window, that would be nice. ;-)

Cheers
Les

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 3:15 am
DJSoulman wrote :
On skins I have used I have modified the deck display to show the Comment version of the Camelot value rather than the standard Key value. It could be an option for the third line in the deck display window, that would be nice. ;-)

Althought when you click on the Author field, it can cycle to the Comment info... Maybe you could just modify this to either show comment and author.

The Author field remembers its state through shutdowns / restarts.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 8:07 am
Ah right, thanks Fruit, didn't know that.

Don't use harmonic mixing much, but, when I do I like to see the MIK result in the deck display as I have the Comment field showing in the browser so I can see what to mix with.

OK, think I'm gonna rock out with your skin this weekend ;-)
Cheers
Les

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 4:30 pm
It can be changed permanently with a little tweak to the XML. For example I have year appearing before the artist name.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 1:52 am
Used this skin this weekend successfully. Had a wedding on Friday and a Military do on Saturday.

One problem I'm having is the video "Out" button when video is selected in the centre panel. I don't normally use video, but, all my tunes for the last 8 years are videos, over 8,500. I like to see the video onscreen in the display window even when there is no video output, it impresses people if they see it when asking for requests. If I click the "Out" button and select Display 1 (which you wouldn't normally do), then the video takes over the laptop screen, BUT, I cannot find a way to undo this and restore my laptop screen to show the program on the Mac version.

Hang on, I'll just check the PC version behaviour..........

OK, On the PC side now (bootcamped Mac).
I normally don't use VDJ8 full screen, I keep the Windows Taskbar visible on the bottom of the screen as I use a temperature/fan utility that displays the core temperature. Again if I select the video panel and then select Display 1 with no output screens connected the video takes over the laptop screen and I can't get out of it unless I ALT/CMD/ESC and get the taskbar temporarily and can click on the program window. However, the Taskbar is not visible as the video output is covering it in the background. If I shut the program down completely and restart, as soon as I click in the master video out screen to switch the video on, the video output takes over the screen again. I'm not sure how I restored it back to the program default a few days ago, but, it is frustrating trying to fix it. Any solutions?

Just tried again. On starting VDJ8 then clicking on the video panel to switch the video on, the first time it opens in a window. Close that window, switch video off in the panel then back on, this second time the video takes over the whole laptop screen requiring the 3 finger salute to display the taskbar. Tried another skin and VDJ8 alternates between full screen and a window version. When in full screen the 3 fingered salute is required to display the taskbar. I have also found that, when the Window display is showing, if I shrink the Window to a smaller size, then it stops cycling between full screen and window displays and just switches the window on and off.

So, is this a Windows, VDJ8 or your skin problem??? I'm puzzled................

Oh, the other thing, once the "Out" button is clicked it changes colour after selecting Display 1 it shows a tick which I can't seem to untick.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 12:48 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have you tried double left click on large video screen

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 3:41 am
Yep, doesn't do anything.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 8:12 am
DJSoulman wrote :
Used this skin this weekend successfully. Had a wedding on Friday and a Military do on Saturday.

One problem I'm having is the video "Out" button when video is selected in the centre panel. I don't normally use video, but, all my tunes for the last 8 years are videos, over 8,500. I like to see the video onscreen in the display window even when there is no video output, it impresses people if they see it when asking for requests. If I click the "Out" button and select Display 1 (which you wouldn't normally do), then the video takes over the laptop screen, BUT, I cannot find a way to undo this and restore my laptop screen to show the program on the Mac version.

First, change (in video options) "video window always on top" to "NO". Make sure "VideoForceFullscreen" value is "0". After that you should be able to double click inside it, and have it respond by returning to a smaller window, with control buttons in the upper right corner.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 8:16 am
Yep, that works on the Mac version as you describe. But, it doesn't work like that on the PC version. Double clicking inside the full screen video does nothing, but, it still does as I described in my post above in the last paragraph.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 9:56 am
Well... you are using it on a Mac... right? So, that shouldn't be an issue?

However, I use PCs, and with the settings I gave you, I'm not experiencing any of the problems you have described...

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 12:58 pm
No, you misunderstand. Yes I have a Mac that is boot camped with Windows 7. I have VDJ7 and VDJ8 on both the Mac side and the PC side. I don't use the Mac side for gigging. When gigging I use the PC version.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 6:44 pm
65%