Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 39
Swipez75 wrote :
My VDJ crashed today for the first time in years; I’m convinced it’s the skin - more bugs lately like the top half of the browser blank unless the mouse pointer hovers over it.

I love the skin but it may be time to let go. Does anyone know of a (more stable) skin that has artwork revolving?

I have also been having this issue , thought it was just shaders but i can see that the new dennon interface files are different. https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/248853/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Only_Default_Skin_Works_With_Shaders___build_7183.html?search=default%20skin&page=1

Posted Fri 04 Nov 22 @ 8:12 pm
Swipez75ControlleristMember since 2014
groovindj wrote :
If you have the skin, then you have the code.

Anyone can modify a skin (over the years there have been many skin tweaks uploaded) but Atomix state that you have to ask the author for permission before uploading a modified version here.

Seems Fruit is unfortunately no longer around; would it be ethical for someone to have a look at the code to tidy it up to keep up with updates. I updated to 2023 this morning and I found the skin a little more buggy.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 8:30 pm
Just the way it is unfortunately.

Have a look at "blocks" by djdad as an alternative. It's just been updated for the new VDJ 2023.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 8:52 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Swipez75

ethics aside, no skinner is going to go to the effort, the code of the skin uses pre vector graphics methods, and to do what it did used some really complicated workarounds and lots of them.
There's just too much for anybody to want to take on.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 8:56 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Just the way it is unfortunately.

Have a look at "blocks" by djdad as an alternative. It's just been updated for the new VDJ 2023.
Thanks!!

locodog wrote :
@Swipez75

ethics aside, no skinner is going to go to the effort, the code of the skin uses pre vector graphics methods, and to do what it did used some really complicated workarounds and lots of them.
There's just too much for anybody to want to take on.

That's fair enough.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 2:49 pm
Hopefully he's OK and just busy with other things.

It was a magnificent skin back in the day.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 6:23 pm
For the skin to work correctly for a longer time, the xml should be rewritten to use the vector graphics of vdj2022. According to my experience making skins, this would also allow to simplify the code.
But I don't think Fruit wants or has the time to do it, it's hard work....

Posted Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 5:33 pm
The bulk of the skin already does use vector graphics. The png file only contains icons and a few minor graphic elements.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 5:57 pm
groovindj wrote :
The bulk of the skin already does use vector graphics. The png file only contains icons and a few minor graphic elements.

In fact, it contains everything in png, jogwheel, buttons, knobs, vumeters, and all that can be done now with code using vdj vectors. The only thing that uses vectors in the fruit skin would be the backgrounds.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 9:48 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi everybody,

Quote :
In fact, it contains everything in png, jogwheel, buttons, knobs, vumeters, and all that can be done now with code using vdj vectors. The only thing that uses vectors in the fruit skin would be the backgrounds.

True, it doesn't use any SVG at this time, though the destructuration of the png file might let think it does. Backgrounds are drawn from internal VDJ function and are just plain colors.

I am sorry for not having much time nowadays to keep the skin improved. However, I'll see if I can at least make it less buggy / functional again for this new 2023 update.

Converting to SVG is not planned atm. If ever I have enough time to work with SVG, I think it would be on a whole new project rather than just translating this one skin.

I hope everyone is good and in good health. I love yous <3

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 11:53 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
wow, long time no see, wishing you all the best too.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 12:25 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Nice to hear from you again Fruit.

You know where to find me if you need a testpilot :)

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 6:49 pm
Fruit Good to hear from you Hope you're doing well

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 3:21 am
Fruit wrote :
Hi everybody,

True, it doesn't use any SVG at this time, though the destructuration of the png file might let think it does. Backgrounds are drawn from internal VDJ function and are just plain colors.

I am sorry for not having much time nowadays to keep the skin improved. However, I'll see if I can at least make it less buggy / functional again for this new 2023 update.

Converting to SVG is not planned atm. If ever I have enough time to work with SVG, I think it would be on a whole new project rather than just translating this one skin.

I hope everyone is good and in good health. I love yous <3

Great to hear from you again Fruit, I've been faithfully using your skin for over six years, its the absolute best!!

Posted Sun 11 Dec 22 @ 12:18 pm