Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 24

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Can you explain the how to use the "loop load prepared" function because with this skin version, I can not save or activate them, with the one before it worked very well , even with the original skin I can not do it , I have to remove the skin to make it work again , can you enlighten me please

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 4:31 pm
I'm not saying that the reason inverted ways are not present any more is due to the fact that you can move the needle mark ("earline" for Frut)
However, skinwise it's not that simple because in version 8 you can overlay any graphic you wish as your needle and that graphic does not need to be "centered" too!
Take a look on this snapshot:

The needle is placed on 1/3rd of the available rhythm width. Also it has an overlay on the "played" part (it's darker).
Graphicwise, this is a simple graphic overlay that's NOT centered on the needle position. If VirtualDj would programmatically try to "reverse" this then the needle would be presented wrong.
That case should be taken care of the skinner itself. In other words the skin creator should query the settings if the rhythm is reversed or not, and accordingly use different graphics.

Anyways, I don't wish to hijack Frut's topic any further and I believe you have made your point.
It's up to the devs now if they're going to bring back the reverse option or not.
So I believe we can all "calm down" now :)

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 4:41 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

That case should be taken care of the skinner itself. In other words the skin creator should query the settings if the rhythm is reversed or not, and accordingly use different graphics.

Anyways, I don't wish to hijack Frut's topic any further and I believe you have made your point.

I'm not sure this is a total highjack, as Fruit seemingly was interested in this aspect from a programming standpoint, as well.

Regardless, what I understand you to say, is pretty close to what I was speculating? If so, maybe Fruit and I can figure out how to simulate it?

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 7:43 pm
Richmond wrote :

If so, maybe Fruit and I can figure out how to simulate it?

You can't reverse the direction at the moment, so no, you can't simulate it.
If you were able to reverse then the skinner could query the settings to see if the direction is reversed or not. But that's a big IF

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:18 am
I see. When Fruit spoke "inverting" the wave, I pictured him standing it on it's head, which in theory would also reverse the direction of movement.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 10:39 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sorry I meant 'inverted movement's direction' of course (and was just supposing unreal things).

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 2:23 pm
Oh, well. Your heart was in the right place.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:48 pm
alixrippon971 wrote :
Can you explain

I answered this by pm :)

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 3:37 pm
thx fruit

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 5:55 am
hi m8 just update virtual dj and now your skin on the right deck come up with a white patch on it can you help me fix it. your skin are the best m8

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 3:18 pm
Yes it is a known bug.

What you may try now is :

If you activated the 'art' option on jogwheel (menu deck / wheel / art), try to disable it THEN RESTART VDJ. It should avoid the bug.

If you still encounter it, another solution is to disable the songpos wheel option (menu deck / wheel / songpos). But you will loose some info on wheel so the first workaround is to be tried priorly.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 10:11 am
I think that's just to be expected, until Atomix can work out the cause. Mine does the same, if I use the two deck view.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 4:43 pm
They told it's me having to update the skin, so I provide some quick workarounds in the meantime.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 6:59 am
Hi Fruit, hope u r well
I would like to ask if it is possible for you to put a right click option onto the HOT CUE button to toggle the lock feature on and off, and then maybe have the words light on/off so that it looks like the little padlock.
edit
or maybe just move the padlock up onto the big HOT CUE button

It's not a big thing, would just save me some mouseclicks, as I have all my songs locked by default.
thx & best wishes
ray

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 6:02 am
- todo list :)

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 6:56 am
merci

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 7:18 am
the skin the not work for me how i fix it

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 3:40 am
Hum,

Could you explain that a bit please ?

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 11:09 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Unable to download...

Sorry, you don't have the necessary accreditations to view this page.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 8:14 pm
The link on page 1 is the old link. Things got moved around by staff.

Use the link on page 18 instead, or the Download menu above - DOWNLOAD/Addons/For VirtualDJ 8/ make sure Skins is selected, and search for 'fruit'.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 7:04 am
62%