Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS7 II Support - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

As I know this mapper is not native yet, I am just looking for a couple of quick fixes. I am computer literate but I don't know the lingo for setting up things in the mapper well.

I'm finding that the headphone LED does not work/switch when loading on the (cue) deck like my other controllers. How can I fix this?

And, the fx knobs need to be shifted over one position so you can use the left most knob to select your effect. The third knob is not used most of the time so why not use them all? I have a DDJ-SX too and it is mapped this way.

Let me know what commands to use and syntax to customize this stuff.

Thanks guys.

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 9:32 pm
Oh, and one more thing. Is there a way to assign the sampler output to say, pc channel 4 so it has it's own level control. Again it is like this on the SX.

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 9:34 pm
Hello, no one viewing?

Posted Wed 12 Feb 14 @ 8:23 pm
i just got my ns7ii and installed the driver from numark and the virtual dj software and the skins ..when i turn on the board it is all lit up and is gettinin a signal but then after a few moments it loses the signal.. the power is still on but there is no music.. all the effects seem to shut off. my computer is still playing music... can any body shed any light my? new user.. thanks everybody..

Posted Mon 10 Mar 14 @ 10:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 11 Mar 14 @ 8:39 am
Hi DJ Dad,

I too am having a intermittent shut down of the controller as well. It does not happen often but it does happen. I do have the mapper installed. It does not seem to have anything in particular trigger the event. If you simply power cycle the controller everything comes right back. You don't even need to restart VDJ. Some times it happens right away and I have had the program/unit running for 8 hours then it happens. Completely random.
Do you HAVE to use the 4 deck skin? I don't use 4 decks very often and would like the screen real estate.

Also, I had a couple of questions (above) could you shed a little light?

Thanks.

Posted Tue 11 Mar 14 @ 10:36 am
Hmm so it appears to be a hardware issue ? Possibly related to power supply ? I have not tested the device doing a live gig. I have tested for several hours though, without noticing anything similar.

About the Sampler Channel... no, you cant have that. The Sound Setup is Master/Headphones, so you cant have a dedicated Channel to route Sampler.
You can assign one of the volume faders to control the Sampler Volume of the selected sample, but the Sampler will still be outputted through all Channels (Master).

Read the manual on how the top FX knobs are used. If you need any assistance on customizing any button or knob, feel free to ask.

The PFL (along with all the Headphones actions/button/knobs), work in a hardware way. So the AutoHeadphones (on Load) option, will not work with the NS7II.

Posted Tue 11 Mar 14 @ 4:51 pm
Thanks DJ Dad for your help.

Well the headphones work correctly if left alone, meaning, if you don't push anything they do switch automatically like they should. It was just the leds only function with the actual press of the corresponding button. I can live with that.

Now as I mentioned previously, I do own a DDJ-SX also and the layout is pretty similar to the NS7II. It has the same 4 soft knobs for the effects as the SX. I was just saying the on the SX the first soft knob is the effect "selector" and the following knobs are for parameters with the last one a beat knob. On the NS7II it's not. Like it was just mapped this way. I was wondering if the mapper can be changed to accommodate this. Or, if I can redo it myself so it works like the SX. Which by the way, makes it so much better/faster to use. I just don't know about the commands and how they work.

As far as the controller going dead, It is not that it is losing power, it is just crashing. (???) The power remains on, it just sort of stops and the motors stop and any indicators go dark, except the backlighting. Sound does continue. Wacky drivers?

The next time it does it I'll see if there is anything else it does...

Posted Tue 11 Mar 14 @ 5:27 pm
So, its a MIDI lost issue ? No control with with NS7II when this happens ? Not even the play buttons ? Not even volume faders moving on screen ?
If that is the case and its random, then maybe its a short-time Power issue, a small drop on Power, which could cause the USB MIDI connection to be lost.
This may happen if a e.g a moving head starts, or an A/C or any other machine with large power consumption.

Is the issue present on the same venue or happens in various places too ?

Next time this happens, try to re-initiliaze the controller using this action.. (assigned to a keyboard shortcut)..

reinit_controller

Posted Tue 11 Mar 14 @ 7:47 pm
Well, I really didn't try the volume sliders but the transport controls are inop, the platters don't control anything nor do any other buttons. Never thought to try the volume of anything but I will. As far as power goes, I never take a new piece of gear to a show until it proves reliable. So it has just been run in my studio. No heavy surges here. The DDJ-SX has been on many shows with all the same peripherals and computer. Intel i5, 12gigs of ram. VDJ 7.4.1 WD 4tb usb3 drive. No problems.

The SX and the NS7II are very similar beasts with some exceptions. Both have stand alone mixer capability, similar layouts and controls. Other than that it's just some wiz bang stuff including the motorized platters of which is the reason I bought it. I'm an old turntableist and I love the simplicity of the setup. I setup the DDJ-SX with DZ-1200's and an outboard sound card. It works but too many cables and settings to remember. The NS7II is a much more elegant solution.

I will mess with it tomorrow and report back if it does it again.

Until then, any thought about reassigning those fx knobs?

Thanks again, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say your help is appreciated.

Posted Tue 11 Mar 14 @ 8:35 pm
Hi again DJ Dad,

Sorry, but it has taken this long for the problem to appear again. I did what you said and put a reinit command on the keyboard.
First let me answer your previously asked questions from before.
Ok, the volume sliders on the NS7II do not function nor do the screen sliders move when activated on the controller.
The main volume does function on the controller and all the lights are still on where they were when the crash occurs. The platter continues in motion but has no effect on playback. VDJ is still functional except for the fact that playback is being held somehow by the controller. You can nudge it and get sound but it won't play. The onscreen jogs will play when moved.
When the reinit command is given playback resumes, but only for a few seconds. I tried to see if functionality was restored to the controller in these few seconds but it is not.
If I power cycle the controller playback resumes and controller functions normally. No restart of VDJ is needed. I have confirmed power and see no fluctuations. A WD 4tb hard drive, on a separate usb port functions normally.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 14 @ 11:05 am
A few things that i would try..
- Replace the USB cable with a new one. Prefer one with ferrite.
- Use USB 2.0 port (if available) in case you have plugged the unit to a 3.0 one, or use a powered hub 2.0
- Make sure your computer is optimized (especially the part that has to do with Power plans and USB settings) .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html
- I would avoid using Win 8.1 (just in case this is your Operating system)

Unfortunately, for random issues, we really cant provide a specific solution. But still, even though you are testing this at home, i would still be a bit worried about how stable your power supply is.. there may be a temporary voltage drop. In that case, the laptop will continue to play with the batter, the sound card initializes fast, but the USB/MIDI connection is lost.

From Config-->Mappers tab..-->Mappers Options ..se if Rescan for new devices helps next time.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 14 @ 2:35 pm
hey! dj dad . I see you have a lot information on virtual dj ..as for me I just learning but very excited about the digtal world... I got the ns7ii with the hp pc . but it is a AMD processor .. not good for the ns7ii. hooked it up and it worked ... inpressive. of course not perfect ... cpu was to high .. so I got a dell with the intel cpu and put 4 GB of RAM.. windows 7 64 bit. went to see if would work with the ns7ii .. installed drivers and virtualdj.. virtual dj worked fine but the controller would not response.. on the sound setup input: none output:headphones and the soundcard it gave no asvio driver selection !! could it be the drivers did not install? or maybe I downloaded the wrong virtual dj file...? this computer is a used computer that I had brought from a computer shop; he uninstall everything and installed windows7 clean ..replace the harddrive and the cd drive . it a dell inspiron. and seems to work good for now... im not blaming the computer. but more than likely it is my fault for it not working with the ns7ii! I sure could use some help. the computer shop say they will help me and they very interested in seeing the setup at work... me too. as for virtualdj its rocks..

Posted Sun 20 Apr 14 @ 3:04 pm
hello again ; I just got the dell to work. it was the asio driver not installed properly.. it works now but now it is plays then it stops .. as far as the problem it sound exactly like the other dj s... I was reading your solution and I will try what you said... I do not have a computer stand . my computer sits on a cooler fan which is powered by the computer.. and run a remote wireless keyboard.. what I will do to resovle my issue is to have my other computer power the fan.. as for the wireless keyboard I will not use it just to see if this helps my problem.. I will get back with you and see what happens!!

Posted Sun 20 Apr 14 @ 8:24 pm

Posted Wed 23 Apr 14 @ 12:20 am
first i would like to say thank you.. I replace the usb cable with one from gigaware.. It has gold ends..and is shielded..it can handle up to 480mpbs ... As far as it being the right cable i don't know! i tried the site that you posted and tried to order "but they are out " just my luck ! I am still going to one. but for now i am trying where ever i can to get going.. Installed a 2.8 ghz cpu with 4g of ram, 64 bit.. i checked the lanency on the computer and there were some issues.. I am trying to disable things and see what the programs likes.. this isn't so dissappointing but a good lesson on the world of computers.. i also am looking to upgrade the ram from 4 to 8 or possibly 12 if the machine will be able to read it.. again thank you djdad .. and everybody and virtual dj!!!

Posted Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 4:37 pm
Been using virtual Dj for years. Bought the ns7 I I great piece of kit. My set up is a mid 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro with upgraded 8 gb of ram. 250 gb solid state drive with just the operating system on it and vdj and the CD burner removed and a second 7200 speed 1TB drive fo my library

Instant start work fine. But when I que up a point to scratch. Such as ahhhhh fresh. If I press play and hold the platter the track should not move. But will go right through the ahhhh fresh sound before it finally recognize that I am holing the platter. I rewind it back withe platter an now everything is fine.

Also I on another note I notice in the options there is a setting for volume fader and the option is quadrophonic or linear. Can some one explain this setting

Posted Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 9:30 am
jefknee40 this is way cool that virtualdj has this program. you know everything it repenersents. chat , community etc. etc.. sounds like you set up is going pretty go compared to mine. but soon it will be right.. thanks for sending some input on every thing about the ns7ii. could you tell me if you usb cable is the same one that came with the unit?

Posted Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 1:10 pm

Posted Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 1:20 pm
Ramirez48 wrote :
jefknee40 this is way cool that virtualdj has this program. you know everything it repenersents. chat , community etc. etc.. sounds like you set up is going pretty go compared to mine. but soon it will be right.. thanks for sending some input on every thing about the ns7ii. could you tell me if you usb cable is the same one that came with the unit?

Yes I am Using the stock USB do you think that could be the issue?

Posted Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 7:35 pm
63%