Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS7 II Support - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well they both use an external mixer and amp. At the club I use the red and white from the master and at the bar I use the XLR output. Setup wise in the computer I changed nothing. Actually at the bar when it was worse I changed my latency setting from Auto to 64ms to try and make the scratching reaction better but that didn't work lol

Posted Tue 14 Jan 14 @ 10:55 pm
I seem to remember it being said in the past that some Numark kit (possibly the original NS7) was found to be sensitive to the two way radios used by security staff. Any radios being used by staff at your venues? Anything nearby that might be causing a similar type of interference?

Posted Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 6:00 am
I want to say that neither place is doing that, but I'd have to confirm just to be sure

Posted Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 10:20 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We need to narrow the issue.
Can you see if the sound is improved if the motors are switched off ?
Is it possible to test with a PC computer in the club-bar ?

Posted Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 11:31 pm
The sound has been great so far when I test it at home. I'll try and record that sound when I hear it at the club or the bar for you cause I know I'll hear it. When it's happening, after I begin recording it, I'll shut the motor off to see if it changes.

Posted Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 11:45 pm
idk how but the noise didn't come back during my club gig lol. Not complaining, but still weird. Does anyone know why scratching is laggy on the NS7II with VDJ?

Posted Sat 18 Jan 14 @ 3:54 am
I gave up with serato and sold my ns7ii. I've now got a pair of denon 3700 for under £800. These with my vms4 are awesome. So I'm sticking with my vms4 and vdj le and just run usb mode on my demons. I could have got pro but decided why when le works the way it should. I don't need anything else from vdj pro.

Posted Sun 19 Jan 14 @ 5:20 am
Someone has to have some idea..............I just wonder if people have flawless scratching on VDJ Pro. I thought it was my platters not being tightened enough, but on Serato it worked flawlessly. Please help :( Not being able to scratch gets a little aggravating and I get bored haha

Posted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 12:09 am
Thank you for doing an awesome job mapping the NS7ii, love it.... but I have a question in regards to the 23.EQ Filter Loop Roll effect. How can you turn off the Slip Mode for this Effect? ...any re-mapping suggestions? ...love the feature, just want the Slip Mode Feature OFF.

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 4:21 pm
So, doing Loops instead of Loop Rolls along with the Filter ?

Change the actions of FILTER knob and FILTER TOUCH capacitor as followed..

FILTER :
filter & var '$filtertouch' 1 ? param_smaller 2% ? loop_select 0.0625 : param_smaller 10% ? loop_select 0.125 : param_smaller 20% ? loop_select 0.25 : param_smaller 30% ? loop_select 0.5 : param_smaller 40% ? loop_select 1 : param_smaller 60% ? loop_select 1 : param_smaller 70% ? loop_select 1 : param_smaller 80% ? loop_select 0.5 : param_smaller 90% ? loop_select 0.25 : param_smaller 98% ? loop_select 0.125 : loop_select 0.0625 : var '$filtertouch' 2 ? param_smaller 50% ? param_multiply 2 & param_invert & effect slider 1 : param_add -0.5 & param_multiply 2 & effect slider 1

FILTER TOUCH :
var '$filtertouch' 2 ? up ? effect active off : effect active on : var'$filtertouch' 1 ? up ? loop off : loop off : nothing

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 5:31 pm
TY, but Somethings not right? ...it doesn't loop at all with that mapping?

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 6:42 pm
djdad wrote :

FILTER TOUCH :
var '$filtertouch' 2 ? up ? effect active off : effect active on : var'$filtertouch' 1 ? up ? loop off : loop off : nothing

I believe it should be
FILTER TOUCH :
var '$filtertouch' 2 ? up ? effect active off : effect active on : var'$filtertouch' 1 ? up ? loop off : loop on : nothing

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 6:46 pm
oops yes, indeed :)

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 6:51 pm
...yea, i got that. ...still no luck? tried going and replacing all the loop_rolls with loop_select. ...no luck?

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 7:25 pm
...it works after I manually turn on / off a loop with a pad?

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 7:28 pm
Got it :) Thank You :) Very Happy!!

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 7:56 pm
ZzyzxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am also having lag issues with the platters. what should we have the jog wheel sensitivity at? What should we have the default scratch latency at as well?

Thank you guys for the mapper!

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 11:59 pm
hey im having a problem where the right table is not spinning when on channel 2, but works on 4...any help on this problem?

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 7:06 pm
Motor will not work if Vinyl Mode is off. So apparently on deck 2 vinyl Mode is disabled
(shift+slip)

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 10:33 pm
A small tip :
By default the mapper launches with Motorwheel Instant Play enabled.

If you wish to have a more vinyl feeling, you can change/edit the ONINIT key of the mapper as ..
motorwheel_instant_play off & set '$mixer3124' 1
and relaunch

If you wish to bring up the previosu behavior back , edit the ONINIT as ..
motorwheel_instant_play on & set '$mixer3124' 1
and relaunch

NOTE !!! On Mac OSX, this will probably bring the known issue of underwater sound (same as NS7), so its not recommended for Mac users

Motorwheel_instant_play :
when set to on, the song will start instantly, bypassing the ramp up time the motor takes to reach its full rotation speed (the drawback is that then you cannot hold the disc still when your start the motor)

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 10:41 pm
42%