Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS7 II Support - Page: 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sound to me like you computer has issues!!! at the least 2.2 hz cpu ,4gigs of RAM, and 64 bit system.... when you laptop gets hot it not good... it is very important to keep it cool..when it gets hot the cpu get to high !!! on my set up it use a ac cooler which runs on a seperate usb.... you don't want to draw too much power from your laptop cause it is working hard as it is.. what i did was got a old dell and hot rodd it with 2.8 cpu' 64 bit system, and 8 gigs of RAM!!! so far it works great!! windows 7... is much better for me... good luck ; the cause is way worth it ..you will be so very happy when it works right...

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:12 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm trying to use the NS7 II with timecode, manage to get it to work however I can hear the timecode signal over the sound.

Is there any way to "mute" the timecode from going to output? Or is it simply that you cannot use the NS7 II with timecode?

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 6:04 am
Yea definitely had issues.. got windows 8.1 upgrade 64 bit instead of 32 and with a clean install and very minor tweaks, was good to go. Only when I use the camera plug in i get a freeze but I'm happy.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 2:27 pm
getting a freeze is not cool!!!! there is a app to monitor your cpu's on your computer. DPC latency checker..... download it and it will tell you if there is a problem..sometimes it could be your drivers are out of date ... if you have security on your computer disable it when your playing and turn it back on when your not to keep things clean..

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:38 am
Ramirez48 wrote :
DPC latency checker..... download it

No good. It doesn't work correctly on Windows 8.

Use LatencyMon instead.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 4:00 pm
groovindj thanks for the clearing up that !!! i did not know that.. i was just trying to be helpful..since i am very greatful that the VDJ has help me...

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 2:18 pm
s2pidHome userMember since 2011
Hi,

I would like to know if I can use EVERY mode and options of the NS7 II offers in Serato if I switch to VDJ?

I would like to use multi monitor setup (one for the skin another for the playlist/browsing) and this is not possible in Serato. (not to mention another 1 or more for the visuals)
Also the virtual folders are promising.

I don't want to waste my time to do things in Serato and than start it over in VDJ (like cue points andorder ofthe songs and so on.)
Can I transfer personal stuff from Serato to VDJ easily, or this is not possible?

How could I get the lowest price for the pro version?
What other contoler shall I buy to get the highest discount for the upgrade?
THX in advance.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:37 am
Thanks for the info guys. After playing with serato and the ns7II and getting to know the unit's features, I've decided to wait for vdj8 to get a complete mapper. In the meantime I'll use cue/vv for time codes and serato with th ns72. Nuff love to the people working on the mappers..so far so good..I'll be patient. Don't give up. P.s. I hope the ns72 issues have not been put aside by the development team cause I'm not seeing much new info.

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 4:02 am
Ok guys looking to buy a NS7ii is it fully supported my VDJ8? I am moving over from 7 finally!! figured I would do the controller upgrade. So I got questions.

Do all the functions of the NS7ii work in virtual DJ with out any issues?

How is it for Video Mixing?

Can I add another controller like a APC40 and midi map functions on the APC 40 also.

I am on windows PC

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 9:17 am
Can I please have some help with this issue!!! I called the phone number for support and I was told to post the problen=ms in the forum and nobody responded to the post. So i am starting a new post.

MacBook Pro Mid 2013 i5 8 gb ram Solid state drive and separate drive for the music instead of a cd drive.

I presently have Yosemite install as the os but I have only just nstalled that the last few days I have been having this problem sin the summer.
I have done all the tweaks to make the mac run well. I figure I had nothing to loose

NS7II with the lattes drivers for unmark. App nap is turned off on the Numark Driver app

Here is the typical story. I am out doing a show and after a couple of hours I go and press play and the start speed is all the way to the slowest setting even though i did not move the dial and if i stop the deck the same thing happens it like it is set to very slow start and stop.

Here is a video. Not sure why it is vertical but i shot it horizontal sorry. https://vimeo.com/114941903

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've actually read reports of people experiencing that in Serato too - I wonder if there is a firmware issue?

Might be worth changing the mapping for the start/brake speed knobs to require you to hold shift as a test.

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 12:14 pm
hey jeffknee40 i have had that happen to me before... but let me tell what i do to get around that ... when play ing always keep an eye on your cpu gauge on the top of the page when i gets in the red be careful not to task you computer to much ...it will give you trouble if the cpu's are to high... make sure your laptop has clean passage of air to it ... can't express enough that the laptop must kept COOL !!! i use an laptop A.C. cooler... i also plug that in to a usb that is not plugged in my laptop... i use a PC not a mac.. when done playing for about 6 hours my laptop is cool as it was never turn on!!! i use the four channel program. ..so when one turn table acts up i don't use that channel until i have a break or intermission !!! i will just restart and no more probems... but as far as it happening alot NO it has rarely happen to me ... as far as the the effects they do work to a certain extent, but not proper!!! on serato it works nice... but serato is not what i want!!! VDJ to me simply all round better... looking forward to new updates to getting the effects to work proper....and also the lite ring on the turn tables...hope this helps ...dell 1545 hotrodded 2.8 gigs 8gigs RAM 64 operation. 1tb harddrive...

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 9:29 pm
williraPRO InfinityMember since 2012
hi guys my set up is like pc windows 10 8gb -v8-ns7ii and i am facing a connection lost issue after a few hours play can somone have me a solution to this please

Posted Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 12:06 am
williraPRO InfinityMember since 2012
hi guys i am experience the same problem midi connection lost how could this be fix

Posted Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 1:39 am
can you give more information on you setup ? how you are connected to internet router or fiber ? is your computer have security ? do you download daliy updates ? when you run you computer do you use battery or ac ? does it get hot?

Posted Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 2:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)