Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS7 II Support - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

no; but i am getting the new cable on the site that djdad put up.. i had this computer hot rodded and now i think that it is again a cpu problem.. i had a session with sys tweaks and the said it is a combine problem with out of date drivers errors etc.etc. so i am going to have it worked on by them. their support is $148.00 for 1 year. which includes network security driver support, error repair and remote support… but they do not cover windows security so i will still have norton 360.. this computer will only be for music… which be on silent mode when music session is on..but for now i have to wait till next pay day… so for now i am trying a friends mac… in the mean time…but you know as well as i do i have to have my own working ..this is just to see the machine (ns7ii) or the beast.. WORK!!!!!! cpu 2.8 htz RAM 4 gigs upgrade to 8, windows 7 64 operating system..1445 inspriron.. dell. thanks again everybody..

Posted Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 9:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
jeffknee40 wrote :

Instant start work fine. But when I que up a point to scratch. Such as ahhhhh fresh. If I press play and hold the platter the track should not move. But will go right through the ahhhh fresh sound before it finally recognize that I am holing the platter. I rewind it back withe platter an now everything is fine.

djdad wrote :
A small tip :
By default the mapper launches with Motorwheel Instant Play enabled.

If you wish to have a more vinyl feeling, you can change/edit the ONINIT key of the mapper as ..
motorwheel_instant_play off & set '$mixer3124' 1
and relaunch

If you wish to bring up the previosu behavior back , edit the ONINIT as ..
motorwheel_instant_play on & set '$mixer3124' 1
and relaunch

NOTE !!! On Mac OSX, this will probably bring the known issue of underwater sound (same as NS7), so its not recommended for Mac users

Motorwheel_instant_play :
when set to on, the song will start instantly, bypassing the ramp up time the motor takes to reach its full rotation speed (the drawback is that then you cannot hold the disc still when your start the motor)

Posted Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 2:52 pm
my numark ns7ii wont show up in my virtual dj what do i need to do

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 4:10 pm
Please register your VirtualDJ Pro serial number to your account and then download and install the mapper from the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16387/Numark_NS7_II.html

If you have not purchased VirtualDJ Pro then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.

Mapper downloads are not available to unlicensed users and VirtualDJ Home FREE does not support using MIDI controllers for more than 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full Pro. The Numark NS7II is not currently a natively supported device (It was mapped after the current v7.4.1 release of VirtualDJ Pro.)

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 5:45 pm
does any one have this happen? when mixing in a channel to another channel and it starts to cut in and out ... but it still plays!! cpu is in the green... i have a dell windows 7 64 bit. 2.8gs cpu .. 4 bits of ram.... songs play nice and clean until getting in a mix!! all sound effects work fine.. oh by the way this board is way COOL! NS7ii... thanks everybody!

Posted Sun 04 May 14 @ 11:33 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
a plugin active perhaps...?

Posted Mon 05 May 14 @ 1:00 am
What do you mean by "cut in and out"?

I suspect you may be describing the effects of the output limiter.

When the volume is raised too high, the limiter prevents overload and potential damage to audio equipment. Playing two tracks at once (i.e. mixing) produces more output dB level, so would trigger the limiter if the individual track gains were high to start with.

Posted Mon 05 May 14 @ 7:47 am
hello everybody ! thanks for the response! as for the limits on the levels i will pay more close attention on that... but when mixing it would stuttered and the music would cut out and back in. i have the app which i downloaded from virtualdj which shows your cpu's if they are too high..they are all in the green...but i only have 4gigs of RAM.. could that be the problem? as i have purchased this laptop use from the computer shop...but he has modified this machine..by installing 2.8 CPU. windows 7 64 bit..he had updated it and installed nessary drivers.. the things I am using is the laptop and the controller... and extrnal harddrive...when i been playing i put norton 360 in silent mode. earlier about two weeks ago things were very rough but now it has been very promising ,fun and exciting...but still need my setup to work proper!!! i am going play some more and see what else happens ...at least i have more control or the beast ... again thanks for all you expertise ROB ROY and GROOVINDJ!!!

Posted Mon 05 May 14 @ 6:18 pm
update; just installed virtual dj 8 ... wow is right what a great program! working with the beast (NS&II) is so cool .. endless fun and excitement... the problems i was having seem to gone away for the time being..this board will take alot of time to master but oh what fun..great job and credit goes to the team who devolped this program.. i am sure i will encounter problems in the furture but for now all is good ... time to try new things on this setup.. does any one know how to shut of the live recommentions ? that extra line i could use! virtual dj surely has done its homework.. again thanks everybody... ROCK ON VIRTUALDJ COMMUNITY!

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:01 am
There is a Livefeedback setting in Config->Options. Set it to No, if you dont care about the recommendations.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 3:49 pm
thank you DJDAD! what great fun... but i need to explain why i needed this option cause when playing music i just can't seem to stay on track when trying to play a set.. i have a hard time trying to resist the temptations of such good music. but as far as livefeed back it is so cool... so much to try to understand on this program.... on VDJ 8 when sign in every thing works good but when you sign off all my cache is error .. is there anyway to play off line? thanks again.. ROCK ON VDJ8!!

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 5:31 pm
You dont have to sign off (logout) of course. Actually, never do that.
If you computers is connected to the Internet, login is required. Then you can use all your cached files and other Internet features.
If you need then to use the software offline, you simply need to disconnect yoru computer from the Internet. In that case, the Login window will not popup, and the cached files can be used as well, as long those have the DRM refreshed.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 8:57 am
Hey DJDad,

Got 8 working and functional on my NS7II but none of the pad lights or function buttons above them light up. They work but no lights. I've checked over and over for the correct settings in the newly confusing config screens, and it seems to be mapped right.
????

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:08 pm
Please make sure you are using the default definition and mapping of the NS7II and not some old version 7 one.
Since the NS7II mapping files were not included in version 7 (the files were a separate download), most likely you have a definition file in Devices folder and a mapping (or more) files in the Mappers folder.
In order version 8 to use the native definition, just make sure the DisableBuiltInDefinitions is set to No (Advanced Options)
Then simply choose the Factory default mapping file from Config->Controllers tab

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 1:15 pm
That got it. It was the "factory default" thing that got me. It was already set to "no"
It's nice to have the platter speed knobs working now although the platters don't mimic what you're hearing like they should. But hey, small price to pay!....

Thanks

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 2:24 pm
hello everybody; has anybody have this happen? when on vdj8 with 4 decks ... with the beast(NS7II) all but deck four would spin!! it would play like normal but the beast 's platter would not spin... i have tried restarting with no luck. could it be a driver? when switching to number two deck it spins.. thanks everybody!!

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 12:49 pm
hello again; on my problem with vdj8 with the platter not spinning ; it seems that its gone now . i went back to the vdj7.4.1 just to see if it was happening there ...well it worked fine... so i closed that and went back to vdj8 and all was well again.... strange ..but all good some problems will occur but all in all great program. seems to me that the more i use this program the smarter it gets..digtal world ! dell 1545 operating 64bit 2.8cpu 8gigs RAM..so far ,so very good..thanks again...ROCK ON VIRTUAL DJ...

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 1:34 pm
I have installed all the recommended drivers etc for the ns72 with vdj8 but keep getting a wobbly sound at times...like pitch fluctuations . I've tried optimising settings based on forum advice but not sure what else to do. I thought th e platters may have been a bit loose but this problem doesn't happen in serato. Any help please?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 9:27 am
could this be a timecode enable or disable?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 8:29 am
Timecode is not selected. This happens in vdj 8 but not in cue. The other thing is the laptop seems to overheat and switches off after a while.. tried performance settings, optimising etc. Just wondering if I have to get a 64 bit system for it to run smoothly.. just bought win8 and got the 8.1 upgrade..32 bit. I think I read somewhere that my acer aspire 5935g can run both.. any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:45 pm
84%