Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to setup your NSFX and NS7 to work with VDJ flawlessly... yes flawlessly - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
DHoude wrote :
NOTHING on my Desktop PC is disabled.

And it works perfect, that is my reason. Did you see my desktops latency? Even the laptop is not bad for also only the Wifi being disabled.

That backup laptop (my first results) is even for work so there is tons of other crap on it (software, surf internet, etc) I use it all day 8 to 5, Monday - Friday and at home on the weekends as my primary PC. Everything is done on that backup laptop.

You need to be resposible when giving advice. Disabling everything is not resposible to throw out there were people who have no idea what they are doing can see it. This is not cut on you Fluxx, You, Michael and I understand PCs better than average. We know enough to be dangerous. You can make a recomendations like that to me and I know where to take it. Many people won't know the dos and don'ts and when it is said that simple, it sounds like there is no risk. Not to mention nothing is disabled on either of my PCs to get the results seen above.

I also made recomendations that Bluetooth and Wifi cards tie up the bus lines, processor, IRQs or whatever, way more than an unused CD rom or printer port. In that post, I recomended proven advice that I have read and experienced to be fact. Not a blanket statement "disable everything".

Now, in Michaels's case. His latencey (unconfirmed) looks like my laptop's does when the NS7 is off and unplugged. but he admitted to 4000ms spikes every 5 secs. Which means something big is still wrong.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 10:08 am
FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Your point is valid, but Mike did say in one of his post that he is comp savvy. And its not like his comp is going to blow up if he disables the wrong device. And also you are not receiving the bad driver message as he is. So it is a semi risky venture but easily corrected with a system restore if all goes bad. I'll leave it to him, as he has tried so much. So how's it going Mikey?? I would recommend getting outside help from a comp tech of some sort as I have an IT guy that I lean on for help. Explain what you are trying to do with your comp and if he/she cany help you, then get a better computer for VDj...And by better, do not rely on recommendations alone unless the president of Atomix himself/herself says to you "buy this computer for VDj" whick will never happen. You know what the Ns7 and Vdj want, so go out with that in mind if you end up having to purchase a PC. I think my system was only like $700.00 at best buy. Maybe less. Hey have you guys checked out the new sound effects by TexZK? The gates and new filters effects are sweet and very stable. cya guys

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 10:40 am
So after about an hour and a half, we are no closer to solving his issue. Observations? Just like he said, everytime he loads a video, the wave form develops slowly (as if it were the first time that song was loaded, when it is not the first time.). After it loads, he can re drag that same song back to that deck and it is practically instant.

But, his CPU meter in VDJ is pinned (90 to 100%) and latency is horrible. BUT only when the NS7 is on and connected and on. It is not the USB cable, VDJ or anything. It really seems as though the NS7 itself has an issue. My recomendation is to bring his laptop to the local guitar center and try it on another NS7. If it works better, have his repaired or replaced.

Not the best advice, but I have seen it for myself and the latencey is very close to what my laptop is, but only when the NS7 is not on.

PS. Michael, it was a pleasure. Sorry, that video never fully downloaded. Keep in touch and good luck tonight.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 4:50 pm
Ok so I just got my NS7fx, got it hooked up, works great with VDJ! Even figured out how to start the effects with FX add-on! This thing is awesome! BUT can't figure out how to scroll through the list of the effects... Tried to read few posts on here but just didn't understand... That's the only reason I even touch my laptop when I DJ is to scroll through effects other than that I can control everything through my unit! Thank you for the great software and great community of knowledgeable people!

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 6:17 pm
FYI, I already emailed the skin you requested on your other thread.

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 8:26 pm
DHoude wrote :

I would love to have that skin too! Any chance you could pm me too?

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 9:16 pm
I have to email it, just PM me your email address please.

Posted Sat 09 Oct 10 @ 12:28 am
Loving my NS7 with Virtual DJ 7 so far. :) Is there any way to change the platter sensitivity detection in VDJ? I've tried using the % slider to no avail. If you need additional information on specs, or have a solution, please shoot me a message at avshav@gmail.com or AIM: avshav

- Fellow VDJ and NS7 audio warrior o7

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:37 pm
If you want to adjust the platters responsiveness then you can do that in the config menu under options where it says "jog sensitivities". There are three of them for when the platter is in different states.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:49 pm
Thanks. I rechecked what I was looking at. I guess in a romantic stupor with my new control surface, all the words immediately became John Malkovich.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:51 pm
Yo welcome....yes I understand, Numark definitely hit a homerun with this machine called NS7. The only people who dont understand this are those who havent put their fingers on one....I really gave ITCH a chance but now especially with VD7 there is no looking back.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 9:34 pm
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007

This is what I had to do to get mine up to par:

1.Uninstalled all (old) drivers and software from Numark and Serato ITCH.
then (step 2)

2. Reinstalled drivers with the latest Numark NS7 drivers located at Numark's web site: www.numark.com
(Be sure to have the NS7 powered on and connected and follow the on screen instructions during the process.

3. Download the latest 1.7 ITCH software from www.serato.com (again Have the NS7 powered on and connected and follow the on screen instructions carefully) you will notice a tab for a firmware update option, perform the firmware option durring the install process.

4. When all done reboot.

5. For mic and video support follow the instructions located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS47alAQLeE

Let me know how it turned out for you (feedback) as this may help others too.

DJ Esco

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 5:17 pm
Hey, DJ Esco! The platnum vinyl guy! Thanks for those youtube vids man. Hooked mine up nice and gave you a plug back to Steve. He should owe you something free by now.. Happy holidays guys!

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 7:57 pm
Guys, I've only read till page 4 and now I'm wanting to get an NS7. However, I'm still afraid I will have to get a new laptop.

I currently run Hercules Rmx and haven't had big problems yet.

Anyone has both the Rmx and the NS7? or has gone from Rmx to NS7? If so, is it worth it? I guess the NS7 other than looking better (less of a toy and more of a real machine) can give you easier scratching than the rmx right?

Anyways, not that I have the money right now, but I'm so tempted.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 10:51 pm
I had the RMX and it worked pretty well. My latency was not much lower than with the NS7FX. From what I see, you need to meet or exceed the minimum specs for the NS7 to perform well. If you shoot for the minimum when buying a new system, you are planning to fail. So exceed them by as much as possible. If you already have a PC the meets min specs you should be fine to give it a try. Realistically I don't think it is possible to get below 256 latency on the NS7, so scratching is a little laggy.

The most important spec is the processor speed, it needs to be above 2.4ghz per Numark tech support. It does not matter if you have an i7, it needs to be above the 2.4ghz min spec, which is my personal experience. Slower macines will work with latency maxed at 1000, but not well and you can forget about scratching or beat lock.

What are the specs of your PC?

Posted Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 7:51 pm
Aaro2n2001 wrote :
DHoude wrote :

I would love to have that skin too! Any chance you could pm me too?

What Skin and could you send to me as well?

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 12:34 am
The skin is not really finished yet (which is why it has not been posted). It is basically an enhanced version of the stock 4 deck VDJ skin that can help time code users and controler users with some extra functions and feed back.

I also made some really big changes to the NS7 and NSFX maps to change panels on my new skin to reflect the status of the NS7 and FX switches. I also set the NS7 up so I can completly control deck 3&4 as if they were decks 1&2 (all functions work with no keyboard required). As well as fixing the NSFX when controling deck 3&4 effects. It works really well and I have been using it for about a month now (well, various revisions of it).

I still have 2 big goals with the skin left (that I am kind of stumped on) but everything I added so far is working. I replied to your PM as I need an email address to send it to (please PM that for your privacy).

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 9:18 am
Just a lttle update...

This past Thursday night I got my first experience gigging with the ns7 and virtual! WOW it was amazing.... 500 college kids dancing from about 10-1 at a rodeo dance...

Funny story, the rodeo club also had another screen and projector for the rodeo finals and the security said, don't be surprised if your done and out the door by midnight, last year, they were done about 11:30 and we had to kick people out at 1:15...

Spun video all night, no hiccups nothing! THE SINGLE BEST EXPERIENCE I"VE EVER HAD DJ'N! It was absolutly amazing!

Posted Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 12:08 am
Nice, did the skin and maps help?

Posted Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 10:41 am
had the chance today to buy a NS7, been dreaming about it for about a year. So met up with a friend who has a mint 1, brought it back to the garage hooked everything up to the system and ATTEMPTED to load serato itch 1.7 and the current win 7 32b drivers. (with FULL intentions of going to VDJ once up n running). HOWEVER, i was never able to get my os to correctly install the drivers. Even d'loaded current drivers straight from numark's site, and newest itch. I was in VDJ and it wouldnt recognize it under the mappers (which made sense sice itch didnt see it either).. After screwing with it for over an hour ++ IN THE CHICAGO COLD (checking forums and search other's problems) i had to let him go. KILLED me to do it, the price was right but with the laptop im running i use it for gigs as well, so revamping whole os was not in the cards for now. IF YOU HAVE ANY input on the driver installation or actually anything that u can think of that would cause this let me know. I appreciate and info from anyone in the forum.. PEACE & Merry Christmas to you'all ! thanx KOOOOOOLAID

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 5:30 pm
82%