Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to setup your NSFX and NS7 to work with VDJ flawlessly... yes flawlessly - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Odd, never heard or seen that before. My only questions are:

1. If the driver failed to install, are you sure your PC is 32 bit? My backup laptop ran the drivers ok with 32 bit Viista and Win 7.

2. Try another USB cable. I know you let it go but that is a failure point, it should have worked fine.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:08 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If your using an amd processor in your computer it wont load the drivers: Numark Ns7 only works with Intel Processors as , I had to find out the hard way

Sincerely DJ JAMM

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 4:29 am
pcmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2006
great i love vdj alt thanks

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 2:12 am
can someone please send me a picture file of some sort of what the ns7 and vdj7 SHOULD look like to work right? the mappers and options that make vdj7 and the ns7 work perfect(as well as it gets now) please and thank you... or how to go back to a version or vdj that works fine with the ns7

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 6:06 pm
First, don't plug the NS7 in. Get the latest drivers here [url]http://www.numark.com/ns7[url/]

Install the drivers and only plug the NS7 in when the installer tells you to.

Then install VDJ

Should be ready to go

That is pretty close to the specs I run and get flawless performance out of it. Disable drive indexing and windows Aero. There is a few more tweaks, i just can't find the list of all the things I did to my PC. Pretty sure they have all been discussed in previous posts of this thread. Have a read through it and I will look tonight.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 7:03 am
sounds good. thanks! so i don't have to install serato first?...

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 8:35 pm
Nope, not at all even. I have run fine without it for a year!

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 8:36 pm
COOL. sorry where do i disable drive indexing and aero?...

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 8:59 pm
Google should be of help on that. You don't really disable Aero, just pick a Non Aero (not transparent or see through) solid color windows theme.

There is more, just do searches for windows 7 performance tweaks. Avoid or at least be cautious of any that rquire registry edits and installing programs.

Last make sure you VDJ skin is either the same resolution as your screen or not maximized. This made a pretty big difference in how smoth VDJ appears to be operating.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 10:53 pm
well it works fine :) just need to figure out all the specs at this. i don't know MUCH about this stuff... just know that i love entertaining hate crappy DJ's and i know i can at least keep the beat straight. keep the phrasing good. and know good music

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 11:03 pm
You and I are allot alike. I am a new DJ and can't hang with most the the real creative scratch artists and remixers.But, the rest about keeping the beat straight, good music , etc. That is all me as well.

I get great feed back at the club I am at and the owner constantly introduces me as his top DJ. BUT my opinion is that there is deffinatley way better tallent than me. I guess all that fancy stuff is a waste there, as there always seems to be a push to get me back if I have been away for a while. So I am not being concieded here, just saying have more confidence in yourself, your skills and mine count the most. The last 10% of skill that is the hardest to learn never seems to get recognized anyway except by other DJs.

Honestly, I think the confidence is what shows through in my performance. Other than here, I keep my opinions about my skill level compared to others silent. Don't want to sell myself short and tarnish the good name I have build over the last year. Good luck with the new machine man!

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 2:30 pm
To anyone who is interested, the following are the guidelines/tweaks that I use with 0 issues:

Windows Power options:
-PC set to Never turn off
-Optomize for performance
-Hard disks never turn off (under advanced)
-Power button - do nothing (my power button is right above the CD eject button, don't want to accedently turn the PC off live)

USB - Full power (device manager) don't allow Windows to manage power for them

Win 7 basic theme (disables Aero)

Turn off drive indexing

MS config:
Enable - Boot multiple processor

Disable extra programs

Control Panel:
Disable system sounds (normal Windows noises)

VDJ:
-Reg tool, check Nvidia Freeze bug
-Make sure skin is right resolution and not stretched

Perfect Disk: (a defrag program, only if you use it)
-Delete stealth defrag schedual

Auto login (faster boot ups for those emergency reboots)

1. Press Windows & R. Type control userpasswords2 and hit the enter key.
2. Select the user account in the main table and uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
3. A click on the Apply button will open the Automatically Log On window.
4. Enter the password and confirm it to add the password to the system so that it does not need to be entered during logon.

I use a password so that I can lock my PC when I leave it. I don't need my PC to protect itself on boot as it is never in a bad situation at set up time when it would be booting. Then the benifit of quicker reboots are always a plus if anything wigs out.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 11:40 am
so for some reason i downloaded a couple of the effects off of the plugins page here... and they don't wanna install.... says software could not be found check vdj.com for more info?... what's the issue here? help anyone pls

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 7:45 pm
Not sure, look in the plugins forum section for that. If you don't see anything, start a new thread.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 7:47 pm
can't find anything... and idk how to start a new thread lol

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 12:28 am

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 2:22 pm
Hey Guys, I have an issue where my NS7 will "skip" randomly during songs. It sounds a little like a quick burst of static. It doesn't happen all the time or during specific songs, it is completely random. I would appreciate any help that you could give. Thanks!

-Dell laptop w/ i5 processor
-Windows 7

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 10:36 pm

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:32 pm
All great advice. If none of those items work, make sure you increase the Latency for your NS7 under the Sound Config panel. Under where you select the NS7, there is a small button. That opens the NS7 control panel. That is where you set the latency.

Then make sure you hit Apply when done. I have forgotten this a few times.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:46 pm
Thanks East Coast. I'll give all of the above a try. I never thought about the USB cables being the issue.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:20 pm
95%