- User Manual Index
- Quick Start Guide
- Top Section
- VirtualDJ Remote
The Sampler view of the Sideview offers 2 different views; a Trigger Pad and a List View. The Trigger Pad view offers large buttons (pads) to trigger a Sample, with an icon, the name and a progress bar. The List view also offers all possible information (Volume, Group name, Mode, Color, etc). You may also choose which fields you wish to see in the List View by right-clicking on the header. Click on a Sampler Pad or use the Play field in List view to trigger/play/stop a Sample.
The view can be toggled by pressing the view display button.
- SAMPLE BANK. The Sampler can have unlimited banks and each bank can have up to 64 samples. Use the arrow buttons to navigate through the available banks or click inside the name box to get a list with all the available banks. Choose New... from the menu to create a new Bank. Sampler banks can be renamed and deleted from the Sampler folder in the Folder List by right-clicking on the desired bank.
- TRIGGER MODE. Click on the Trigger Mode button to toggle through one of the available Trigger Modes. Trigger Mode is a global selection (applies to all Banks). However a Group can have its own trigger mode (see Sample Editor)
On/Off Press a Sampler Pad to start playing a sample from the beginning. Press the same Sample pad again to stop the sample. Hold The Sample will play from the beginning as long as the Sampler Pad is pressed. Stutter The Sample will play from the beginning, each time you trigger a Sampler Pad. Right-click to stop the Sample Unmute The Sample will be muted if the Sampler Pad is not pressed. Right-click to stop the Sample.
- VIEW DISPLAY. Toggles between Pad View and List View
- SAMPLER OPTIONS. The Sampler Options menu includes settings to customize how the sampler behaves:
Trigger Mode Option to change how the sampler behaves with different play functions (see 2. Trigger Mode) Pads Layout
(Pad view only)
You can define the layout of the Trigger Pad view, by selecting the number of used columns (1 to 8). VirtualDJ will then automatically fill the necessary rows to show all the Samples of the Bank. By default the view is Automatic (VirtualDJ will choose the best view).
If a MIDI controller with pre-defined columns, rows and sides is connected and Automatic is chosen as the layout, VirtualDJ will then reorder the pads to match the layout of the controller.
Audio Output By default the Sampler is routed to the Master & Headphones Outputs (or all decks if an External mixer audio setup is chosen). A different output can be chosen from the Sampler Options menu. You can choose to route the Sampler Output only to the Headphones channel or any specific deck.
If an External Mixer Audio Setup is selected, you could either select a specific deck as Sampler Output or choose the trigger deck option. If trigger deck is selected then it will route the Sample only to the deck where the sample was triggered from (either using deck specific shortcuts, or from a GUI or even a MIDI controller)
The ‘Headphones only’ option will not be available if no Headphones are available in the Audio setup.
(Pad view only)
Optionally change the display image size on the pads:
Small - Small image with text
Large - Large image with text
Full - Large image with no text
edit in Sample Editor Provides a list of all samples in the bank to instantly open and edit in the Sample Editor. Show effects Provides an FX Tool Bar at the top of the Sampler to apply and control effects as well as the Sampler's volume.
CREATING SAMPLE BANKS
- Navigate to the Folder list and locate the Sampler folder.
Right-click on the folder and select Create new sample bank...
- A pop-up box will appear to give the new sample bank a name. Type in the preferred name for the bank and click OK or press enter on your keyboard.
- Once the new sample bank is created it will appear in the Sampler folder in alphabetical order.
Banks can be reordered by dragging and dropping up or down the Sampler folder list.
Right-clicking on the sample bank will give the option to Rename... or Delete it.
Clicking this option will instantly create a bank (without the option to name it) for on the fly convenience and will be stored in the Sampler folder list as New bank. The bank can later be renamed or deleted by using the above steps.
- Drag any Sample (Audio, Video or Image file) from the File List and drop it to the Sampler area. The file(s) will be automatically added to the selected Bank. Files can also be dragged and dropped directly to the sampler banks in the Folder list as well.
- To remove a Sample, right-click on a Sample in the File List when the required bank is selected from the Folder List or from the Sampler sideview (if List view is selected) and choose Remove.
Use CTRL+Click on a Trigger Pad in the Sampler sideview when in Trigger Pad View and choose Remove.
Remove from File List Remove from Sampler Sideview
RECORDING A SAMPLE
You can record a sample from either a specific deck, Master Output or even from the Microphone Input using the REC buttons available in the GUI. Once a Sample is recorded it will be automatically added in the Recordings sub-folder of the Sampler and its contents will be displayed in the File list. Samples will be named automatically depending on the source (master, mic or file name).
You can then pre-listen to your Sample and choose to add it to a Sampler Bank by dragging and dropping the sample to the Sampler sideview or a sampler folder in the Folder List.
For more advanced Sampler operations see Sample Editor. Automix