Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Slideshow picture stretched V5 [SOLVED] - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Okay, now is this the perfectly stable plug-in to use without the crashes I have been getting from clicking on the skin video button (to disable video), following the use of a video file.

Just want to be sure.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 11:03 am
Try it at home first to test it and make sure it works for you. The crash issues i was having have been fixed, but not sure if yours are related.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 12:53 am
What type of crashes were you getting halo?

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 7:04 am
bryantpb wrote :
What type of crashes were you getting halo?

I Cant actually remember. from memory it was after a few hours running VDJ would just shut down. was traced back th the slideshow plugin, and that particular bug as been fixed, it was a threading bug. Seemed to really show up when you loaded the CPU down, and the plugin didnt have any timeslices left.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 10:46 am
What is a threading bug?

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 1:23 am
Eerk, thats getting a bit out of my area, Scott may be a better person to ask about that one. However my shot at it is that may aspects of the plugins run in different "Threads" to the CPU, the more important ones get higher priority than the less important ones. However these threads need to be started, and stopped, closed and opened as you activate the plugin, and stop it, and this is where the problems were happening.

This area hasn't been "Fixed" but from my understanding has been re-written, and optimised very well. I havent had a crash for months.

As with any plugin, you test it at home first, let the system run on automix for a few hours while your doing something else, and from time to time, activate, de-activate, change settings ect, to test a pluging is completely happy in your computers "Enviroment".

Hope this helps.

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 4:41 am
Scott,
Maybe another bug here. Tried the new version and all went well with the "not shutting down VDJ", however, when playing flv files there is an easily detectable delay between audio and video when the plugin is in use. I changed to the old slideshow tonight mid stream and the audio sync'ed right on afterwards.

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 1:45 am
Didnt think VDJ played FLV files (Flash files) I'm guessing that the plugin is loading your pc down a little causing the sync issue, as there is no connection from the plugin to the player decks that I know of.

Also Freeze issue only appeared on first day, and hasnt shown since, just pc having that time of month perhaps!?

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 4:47 am
It is only the flv files, not any other video files that get "out of sync", and when I immediately changed back to the "old slideshow" with the "fat" pictures, all following flv files played okay afterwards.

The machine is a 2 gig ram with a 256 dedicated video card that never has had any video problems before.

Does Scott have any ideas, anyone else having this problem using his new slideshow?

Can anyone else recreate the condition?

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 7:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No idea at all but I will investigate it for you... are you saying that the plugin is running (but not actually drawing) at the time, and you are still having the problem?

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 3:10 pm
The program is running, not drawing, as the flv file is playing with the out of sync lyrics, and in between the flv videos, the
slideshow runs. (I have clicked in "play during audio files only" in the config screen, and sbdj slideshow is placed next to the checked box.
When audio files play, the slideshow works well, when video (flv) files play they play out of sync. Something about the running of the slide show later allows (causes) flv files to NOT play correctly.

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 12:46 pm
Does this only happen after the plugin has run at least once. IE if you start VDJ, play a mpg, then a flv right after, does the bug appear even though slideshow hasnt actually run yet?

If not what happens if you do the same thing, but while the flv track is playing in deck one, you load a audio only track in deck b, and video switch over to the audio only track (So the slideshow plugin runs) then trans back the the FLV and see if the track has lost sync mid track?

What happens if you do as above, but run sonique instead of slideshow in deck two? does the sync fail then?

Alll bug tracing ideas.

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 5:10 pm
It only happens after slideshow has run followed by playing anf flv, flv is then out of sync.

Switch back to old slideshow, do same thing and flv okay, flv also okay when running sonique, too.

Scott said he was investigating, anything yet on this, Scott?

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 9:16 pm
So um, can this be used safely with 5.1?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 2:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I did some testing, but didn't get the same problem. When I get a chance I'll do some more testing, it's been a manic couple of weeks though! I've been using it with 5.1...

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 4:40 pm
Well I've used this plugin for the first time tonight with 5.1. I've bounced from audio, to video, to linking video. All with no problems what so ever.

A HUGE thank you is due here.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 11:28 pm
Yup Great run on 5.1 here too, alos with 5.0.7.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 9:24 am
Scott-

When is the latest going to be available for download? Or can you send it to me? brian@sonicdj.com

Many thanks

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 8:15 pm
Scott,
I started a new post on a particular glitch I have traced back to your slideshow. Hopefully you can take a look at it and respond soon?
The glitch involves deactivating the secondary video display so other programs may use the secondary display after running Slideshow and deactivating. It seems that even after deactivating the video; ctrl-V, or uncheck in config screen, or video button on skin (all that typically work in the past), VDJ does NOT release priority for another programs use and the other program will crash as a result. Has been replicated in 5.1 and 4.3, but doesn't happen at all with the original slideshow. Otherwise, the slideshow is great when showing pictures. Great Job, pal.
Bryant

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 10:57 am
VDJ generally does not like activating the second display, then de-activating it over and over.

Also do you have the plugin set as "use for audio only files" set in config?

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 11:16 am
88%