Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hi ma name is tareef ( dj vampire ) i want anybody to teach me how make good mixes , and i make 2 mixes and i want 2 now if it gd or now because am still begginer , ma email is ( --@--.-- )

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry dj vampire no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sun 21 May 06 @ 10:17 am
HOW CAN I SYNC MY VINYLS PREFECTLY, THERE SEEMS TO BE A SLIGHT DELAY BETWEEN MY LAPTOP AND MY VINYLS, I'VE TRIED CHANGING THE LATENCY; IT HELPS BUT HOW CAN I SYNC THEM PERFECTLY SO THAT WHEN I TOUCH THE VINYL WITH MY HANDS, I GET AND INSTANT REACTION FROM THE MUSIC.

ANOTHER QUESTIONN: WHAT IS THE MUST HAVE SOUNDCARD TO RUN....I HAVE A COMPAQ W/ ATHLON XP-M PROCESSOR 2.24 GHZ, 1028 RAM AND AND EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE. I HAVE A BIG CLUB THAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND AND I WANT THE CONFIGURATIONS TO BE PERFECT....PLEASE ADVISE COMMENTS.

Posted Tue 23 May 06 @ 8:33 pm
I'd recommend getting an ASIO soundcard like the ESI u46DJ or try getting your hands on a Maya 44USB. the Maya will surely be a more difficult find although either one of these should help with your latency issue. the lower the latency the better it is.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 24 May 06 @ 1:31 pm
DJBARTOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, I am thinking to get Virtual Dj, but I am begginner and I need help, first : if I have just my laptop and my Stereo with aux ( believe it or not , I had great "house parties" with the mixes already) . My only problem is that I canĀ“t hear the incomig song for my self because usually the output that i use for the stereo is the same that headphones, understand?.
I know this could change with the pro version but how?, where I should connect the headphones..? or the amplifier, how can I hear something different in my headphones meanwhile I am playing another thing???

Thank you very much for the help, Sorry the dum question and my english (NO-mother language)

Dj Barto

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 5:31 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hello, you need 2 x line out at your sound card. One for main out (goes to AUX at stereo) and one for headphones. Or you can just buy DjConsole MK2 and you will get mixer and controller too ;)
Another possibility is to use Stereo splitter. Look here for detailes: http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/cioce/

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 7:33 am
I just started reading this tutorial and my interest is piqued even further. I have worked with turntables in the past but really feel that I haven't gotten to the level I would like when it comes to certain types of music.

I have done mixes with House, Techno, R&B, and 80s music. However, I realize that there is always room for improvement.

I hope that I can spend more time reading this tutorial so that I can learn more about mixing so that I can get tighter.

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 10:36 pm
hemanHome userMember since 2005
i had a Q:
i have a sound card that can become a 5.1 sound card....i don't have a full version of virtual dj (trying to get the money for it) can i hear one deck while the public is hearing another??? so i can start learning how to beatmatch....thanx for all your help.....

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 4:17 pm
Put this question into general or hardware forum please and i am sure you will get the answer.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 4:42 pm
hemanHome userMember since 2005
ok thanx

Posted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 2:39 am
thanks dj norway you have been a great help!!!

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 11:44 am
thanx:)

I'll make a new better guide soon, with pictures and more easy-to-read...

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 6:34 pm
origelHome userMember since 2006
Hi [dj-in-norway]. If you really want to translate that awesome guide in spanish, i'm your man...LOL i can definetly help you out...let me know, because it's awesome..i just got the virtualdj installed on my computer today, haven't had a chance to play with it, since i'm at work :(....but as soon as i get home i'm going to try all the things you mentioned.. I don't know how many spanish users are out there, but it will definetly help a lot of people out..

Posted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 7:50 am
Sure;) would be cool with a Spanish translation..

Just let me work on it a bit, to make it more reader-friendly, and add some pictures etc:)

Posted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 5:10 pm
eeadHome userMember since 2006
HOLA QUIERO UN EFECTO PARA MESCLAR VIDEO EN VIRTUALDJ 3.3

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 2:10 am
Pienso que usted necesita comprar VirtualDJ
Sean

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 10:08 am
T-7evenHome userMember since 2006
hi
i think this program its easy and very ussefull for the people who works in clubs and radios,
hey radio virtual play's and euromusic?
bye

Posted Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 9:38 am
yea and I think it too. Do you one of them. bye

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 1:02 am
DJStoleHome userMember since 2005
DJStole : This is very good I readed and started to try the things that I learned.

Posted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 1:16 pm
DJStoleHome userMember since 2005
I whant to aks you how to become a member to VirtualDJ Radio? I will be pleased if I get the answer thanks.

Posted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 1:18 pm
First of all you have to have VDJ PRO :)

Posted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 12:51 am
36%