Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Chopped N Screwed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LarzHome userMember since 2006
Hey Iv'e been using virtual dj to make chopped n screwed music (slowed n chopped) and to make chopped n screwd u need loads of cue points and since ive only got 10 on the skins have i have to record songs in pieces and add them together...Could someone link me to a ski hat would be more suitable for my style or maybe create 1??? holla back......

Posted Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:15 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:38 am
LarzHome userMember since 2006
I Red Those Topics but they are no use I know all about the style because its wat I do,Chopping n screwing n my style involves setting lot of cues on bass beats and certain lyrics and chopping and switching between them all the time and 10 cues isnt enough to get me thru 30 seconds of music i need ALOT of cues....this program is awesome for my style i just need more cues and my program won't let me set custom goto_cues over 10 so yea....post back

Posted Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 10:08 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well I don't know about the trail version, but I just checked with my version and key assigment works even with a value of 99. So it could be a limitation of trial version.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 1:09 pm
Im a new dj and thought it'll be better if you slow it down and mix it first. Then re-record it using the crossfader instead of cues. To use the crossfader, you should add the track to both decks. Play both decks at the same time and use the pitch bend to speed up one of the tracks so it'll be 1 beat ahead of the other but keep the crossfader on the other side where it's still playing one beat behind. After doing this you just slide the crossfader to the deck thats one beat ahead then drag it back to the other side to get back to the original track.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 11:55 pm
People have been chopping and screwing without computers or cue points for a long time. You may want to go old school and learn how to chop n screw with a record and crossfader.

Otherwise I would recomend some type of keyboard controller with a BUNCH of buttons on it. Using the mapper you should be able to map keys to a whole bunch of cue points. More than you'd ever need.

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:12 am
you have to use the crossfader thats how you really chop not with cues. Im a dj that soley slows & chops all my music

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 11:57 pm
yeah you have to set the same song on both decks and the one on the leaf or right has to be one beat ahead of the other then you have to use the crossfader to chop it i really wish vdj allowed you to skip half a beat to chop

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 4:59 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
wow im impressed by how many dj's can make a perfect blends, and set up cues and record without using headphones hmm

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 10:16 pm
ThaGHome userMember since 2006
I think you can chop very well if you slow down the song and increase the bpm (about 1.5-2 times, you need to adjust it according to the speed of the rapping) and then use the skip button to skip 1 beat backward (when I don't increase the bpm it;s too slow and chops a few words together); I tried using the crossfader but it never worked well because it chops fairly well, but when I return to the song that's ahead some of the lyrics are just skipped (I am using the keyboard shortcuts so I do everything fast enough but it just doen't work the way I want it, especially with faster songs); I don't know how they do it so well using crossfading but I couldn't get around this problem, so I figured out it's easier to use the skip buttton and it makes really ncie chops

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 2:14 pm
dj screw himself did his mixes at regualr speed & went back & slowed the entire tape down. i make my mixes reg. speed & go back w/ cool edit pro to slow the whole thing down. just start 1 deck at 1 beat ahead of the previous & use the crossfader to do your chops.

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 10:38 pm
DELETED FOR SPAMMING

(Stop the spamming, or your account will be locked! Dj-In-Norway)

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 1:20 am
oop!! i am so clueless it's like i started djeing to day,what is to cue a song ??

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 10:17 pm
i am having a huge problem when mixing and recording my mixes.the problem is that the mix is 70minutes long but it is only one track ,where as i have mixed 13 trax ,so can i edit my mixes and be able to name song by song as i mix them ?

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 10:31 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Cue is the same as pre-listening the song you gonna insert in to your mix. You can't do it in Demo version of VDJ.
When you record you can turn on "Split in multiple files" option and it will split your mix in 13 tracks but you still must name those songs manually (this feature is allready asked, may be in the next update).

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 8:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)