Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: for chopped and screwed djs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i wounder who is chopping music for people to enjoy and cd promotions or just to get there name out to the public

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 7:45 am
i wonder what the fascination is with chopped and screwed music

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 8:43 pm
well if you live in texas around dallas and houston you would understand what chop and screw music is all about. Its like playing you favorite song 2 times slow and you hear some of the same words twice. but the chop and screw music has hit all across the south and will grow through out the US. hey i do this for fun and partys.

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 7:36 pm
i'm just kidding around. i know about chopped and screwed music. i know all about it. my brother used to live in Savannah Georgia. thankfully it hasn't caught on out here. plenty of people requesting spanish rock, reggaeton and other stuff but no one requesting any chopped and screwed music ,... not yet at least.

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 10:09 pm
I chop and screw my music if I feel like it, and I'm in DC. It's an acquired taste really. It's good if you're listening to Twista or some gay sounding R&B cat...makes it tolerable. Being under the influence helps as well. The main reason I like it is because the bass is expanded. I did it quite easily with VDJ3 before getting my console. Very easy.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 1:52 am
I Chop and Screw on occasion, I grew up in Houston, TX so i have a lot of respect for this genre. alot of people have negative comments about it well here is what i say.

europe = techno, trance, house
southern us = crunk
east us = big rims & money
west coast = gangsta rap
houston Tx = chopped and screwed

music is music regardless of the type, i love all music and would mix anything if i had the urge.

some people say "how can you listen to it all slowed down and chopped up", the same way you can listen to 130 bpm with constant bass kick for 6-8 hours...

dont get me wrong i'm not anti-techno by any means. just wanted to shed some light on the screwed music fascination

RIP DJ Screw

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 9:54 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Gauge,

do you know of any sites or dj's pages where I could hear a 10 minute mix or something? Just curious how it sounds, though I won't like it probably :)

erXon

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 10:39 am

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 11:09 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thx dude, it's kinda ... "dark" :)

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 12:52 pm
no problem :)

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 1:21 pm
How do you get that thing called you send it to work? I would like to post some of my mixes to get some feedback from my peers.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 5:59 pm
We at D&G Records. [www.dandgrecords.com],
doin' this Sceweing & Chopping shit since 1997.
It's screwes your senses specially in a dope session.

It's basically originated by Dj Screw, it's his style, & further influenced all over South coast,
But it's colossal for Rap/Hiphop listeners.

Swishahouse[Dj Michael Watts] does the best shit across the globe over Screw style.

This style has been takeover easily, since VirtualDj came into existense.
But there are various techniques of this style to outcome the best possible style,
playing with vinyls is'nt easy for a Rap/hiphop dj, he has to be very carefull(specially screwed song)
which differs a lot from all those Techno, trance dj's.

[some studio shit] we were playin' around with beats. They're not chopped
http://www.dandgrecords.com/music/laisla.mp3 [Spanish lullaby:Madonna]http://www.dandgrecords.com/music/im_glad.mp3 [I'm glad:J.Lo]

Posted Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 7:00 am
goto www.yousendit.com then just choose the file off your hard drive and upload it. too easy

Posted Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 8:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)