Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Screwed Music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have any of you ever heard of screwed music???

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 6:30 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not me; can you explain ?

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 6:54 pm
Yeah, it's a remix that is done with the vocals speeded up. Has a chipmunk sound to it.

MS

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 7:09 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Heard of it from the SW US, never have listened to it though.

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 7:13 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i thought it was music very slowed down not sped up

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 7:43 pm
dj fumaHome userMember since 2005
oh my dear...screwed songs...i love that style.
It was basically Dj Screw style, may his soul Rest in Peace.

We @ D&G Records. also work at that style with different new styles.
Virtual DJ has really helped me a lot lot in these kinda' sessions, u know.

Production of D&G Records:2 Screwed & Chopped Albums

1) http://www.dandgrecords.com/tds_f.html
2) http://www.dandgrecords.com/dg2k3sc.html

This style of mixing songs is slow but very trippy.
We can mix any song, & just screw it up that's is it, & start choppin' up. It's quite fun, but not as easy
as many users think, not at all boyz. Respect this style. :)

Posted Mon 04 Jul 05 @ 10:51 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
screw music is slowed down about -10 bpm.
the term real is 'chopped and screwed' music. chopped comin from playn same track on both decks one slightly ahead, and playin with the cross fader.
cho-chopping i-is o-old i-in th-the d-djing w-world.
the second disc or Mike Jones Who Is Mike Jones cd is chopped and screwed.

chopped and screwed is a popular style in the south (US). david banner was the first artist to have national distribution for his chopped and screwed album version.
most (if not all) of the south albums these days come chopped and screwed.

screwing using vdj works when master tempo is disabled.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 6:01 am
how do you disable master tempo? i tried to find it under the config button. but no cigar!

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 1:50 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Master Temp=Time Strech (two names, same function)

It is in FAME config of VDJ

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 1:51 am
thanx lej78480!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 1:53 am
well i chop and screw music for the fun of it and if you know what you are doing it can be the most easy thing. i already know its a old post but chopped and screwed music came from texas and will still keep the title of screwed up texas from h town to d town

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 7:41 am
i am also a c/s DJ and i say it right, still tippin(s/c)(slim thug, mike jones, paul wall) is the best c/s out there am i right? lol love the chop and screw flava its something u can jam to i love makin them i was just wondering how do u make the perfect chop sound on vdj? flippin doubles doesnt work that well :S any suggestions?

(F)(F)(F)R.I.P. DJ Screw

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 8:30 pm
vdj_reverse, .. the best way to chop and screw with vdj is the same as any setup,.. manually. the flipping doubles plugin will not allow you to be as creative in your chop style. use a controller (or tcv) and chop manually I say. And screwed music is slowed down way more than -10bpm,.. more like 50%. sounds downright devilsh it's so slow.

Posted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 1:09 am
To be honest...the best way to chop and screw is to start one album about .5 seconds beford the other. You then glide the fader back and forth giving you an echo like effect. Of course, slow the pitch down to your liking. I actually chopped and fewed a few tracks and it took me about half an hour to get down. Withthe Herc controller though, it can be tricky being as though the jogwheels are so sensitive. I'm thinking about going with a tt and timecode vinyl setup. If you all really want to hear some of the best chopped and screwed, always check DJ Michael 5000 watts from Swishahouse or OG Ron C from Paid in Full. Those two hold it down. Other's who have done remixes are Beltway 8, DJ Scissorhands(did threesixmafia's albums), Paul Wall.

BTW...the flippin double just isn't accurate, you are better of with the manual method.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 7:29 pm
u guys are genuises :)

Posted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 4:43 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My understanding of the chop and screwed music was messing around with up beats.

If you start your second track on the up beat of the first track you can create different beats to a song by moving your crossfader along its position. When you get good with timing you can start messing around with different cues within a track with the same timing.

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 11:17 pm
Why are almost all posts about chopped and screwed bumped up, by posts only available for vips or above?
Ewout

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 5:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)