Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Yahoo Music Unlimited!!!! HOLY SHI@##@@$T - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just happened to start up a yahoo unlimited account and figured out that VDJ will play these Files.....

Can someone from the support team verify that this will work when not connected to the internet for songs I have downloaded in "MY Music" Folder???

I tried unplugging my internet connection and it worked.....just wondering if it checks for a license every so often to make sure I am a subscribed user....

OMG this would be the ultimate if this is true....imagine having every new release at your fingertips just by paying a low monthly fee....

Follow this link if u wanna try it out!!!!

http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-1812328-10399614

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 7:59 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
VirtualDJ can play songs from yahoo unlimited or any subscription-based music store without an online connection, provided that you play that song (within vdj or any other player) at least once a month with an internet connection open, so that it can refresh the licenses.

In the actual v3.2, virtualdj can also search the catalogue and stream the songs directly from the Napster store (we may add yahoo in v3.3, but at the present time, Napster still has a better catalogue than yahoo, and is based on the same principle).

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 8:33 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I saw that Yahoo music months ago but when i read on how's its used i get confused, are you saying that you can download songs and store them as long as you connect to the internet at least once a month? and that is not the same as the .79cent downloads correct?

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 2:25 pm
CORRECT...YOU PAY $4.99 A MONTH AND HAVE ACCESS TO THEIR WHOLE LIBRARY....AS LONG AS YOU STAY SUBSCRIBED ...THE SONGS WILL REMAIN VALID TO PLAY ON YOUR SYSTEM...

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 2:55 am
yeah, could you imagine being at a gig and trying to play an expired song. "sorry everyone, i need an internet connection before i can play the next song". no thanks, i'll stick with ripping my own cds.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 8:00 am
Oh my... This is GREAT! I played my Yahoo music without an internet connection today. This will save me so much money. I was paying the US$0.79 per song; now I will simply place in my library and play from there.

Just another reason this forum and VDJ are so great!

DJ Dave

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 2:40 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I kinda agree with everyone. Anewsome said it would be crap to tell people that you couldnt play a track because you didnt have an internet connection, but i see everyone else point of view that it'd be great IF you do have a net connection. I'm at uni and dont have internet connections directly on my computer, so to be honest it sucks. I'm not going to pay £X for a connection at my parents house when I probably won't be DJing, but for those of you who do, it is, in my opinion, a great money saving idea!

Even though i dont have net connected to my dj computer directly (I save all the updates and effects etc. to flash disk) i still think it's a good idea :o) Nice one to the development team!!

Nebula :o)

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 3:19 am
There is an option in Yahoo music that lets you update all your subscriptions....so all you would have to do is say once a week renew your subscriptions and you will be all set. I beleive the songs are set to expire every 30 days.......I wonder if you do the yearly plan if your songs will stay subscribed for the year??? just a thought....

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 6:30 am
Ok just came across this.......

www.hotrecorder.com

HOT RECORDER

HotRecorder for Media is an advanced media recorder and converter tool that allows you to effectively record, manage and convert your iTunes and Yahoo! Music sound files into .wav or .mp3 formats. The conversion process is easy and will let you play and organize your music as desired maintaining the original quality of the audio files.

HotRecorder for Media automatically detects all the audio files included in your iTunes or your Yahoo! Music libraries. All you have to do is select the files you wish to convert.

HR for Media does not require special sound configuration or quality regulation in order to get the best quality of sound; it is done automatically.

Compatibility between music players and music paid download services

Is this legal???

Who knows?

As long as you are paying the monthly subscribtion your not really doing anything wrong as long as you are keeping the files to yourself......

Posted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 4:09 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good question if it's legal. If it isn't it should be and wouldn't mind fighting in court if called upon. (okay I would mind the hassle). If you pay for the songs you should be able to play it on any medium you want.

I use this tool to convert i-tunes. It's free and works well.

http://hymn-project.org/

Posted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 7:54 pm
well actually on yahoo unlimited! you don't pay for the song, you only pay for a right to listen to it for a while, so yes it's completely illegal to convert the songs to mp3...

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 1:01 am
Technically if you are paying the subscription fee you have the right to play them......So it just goes back to how this thread started....people were worried that if they didnt have an internet connection there songs would expire.....this would make it so they won't expire....and as long as you are paying the monthly fee...which comes out to about $5 a month...you can feel good about yourself.......yes technically it is illegal

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:10 am
Let's say you pay for cable TV at your house, and yesterday they played this great new movie but you wasn't home so you couldn't see it.
What are you going to do? go to the nearest DVD-rental shop, take the DVD for that movie, and tell the security: "I paid for my cable TV so I'm entitled to see this movie. So I'm not going to pay for this."?

I'm not sure it would "technically" work ;)

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 10:25 am
I think the better comparison is:

it's like if you use your videorecorder to save a movie from HBO and watch it later.

anyway could be interesting to see the face of the security guy, but probably don't want to feel his reacton to it on my own skin :-)

Is there any option to see when will particular file expire ?

Probably a new function in VDJ that will tell you: some of your files are going to expire in 3 days, please connect to internet and click ok if you want to renew the licences"

also the optional line in file browser with an expritaion date ???

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 10:53 am
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have a yahoo music unlimited subscription, but when analyzing BPM's of this tracks, VDJ crash .
Does someone else have this problem?

greetings

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 2:50 am
Have you tried to analyse just 1 song? I had it also a couple of times that I selected a couple of hundred songs and then analysed those. After more then hundred songs VDJ suddenly crashed.
Are the songs playing normally?
Ewout

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 6:24 pm
KK-DJHome userMember since 2005
i want to know if there is software to remove those lisences anybody ??

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 7:38 pm
KK-DJ, bad Idea...

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 10:46 pm
Is it legal to play it at a gig if you just pay to listen to it ?
I'm just curious to know because it would be stupid to pay for music that isn't completely legal. Otherwise it would be much smarter to download it illegal without paying...

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 8:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
u need a music licence for that and if u dont have a specific one to that u are breaking the law.

aslo if ur changing encoding thats aslo ilegal...

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 9:00 pm
45%