Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Yahoo Music Unlimited!!!! HOLY SHI@##@@$T - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Wakeboarder, we are not into "illegal anything" on this forum. We know everyone is not doing the right thing, we just do not help them do it. I would not help someone steal your equipment, and will not help you or anyone else steal music. It's the same thing.

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 9:00 pm
I just tried Yahoo music and I have analysed 1 song perfectly, I will try to analyse more then 100 later and sent my feed back

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 9:19 pm
Does Yahoo Unlimited have music that is any good? I would assume it's just commercial garbage -- do they have electronic dance music? New and rare electronic dance music? Old classics? Somehow I doubt it, but someone please post what kind of selection they have available for the $5/month..?

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 10:42 pm
@ Superstom: 457 Yahoo music songs analyzed tonight without any crashing and it play normaly

@ Poloralphloren: you can try it free for 7 days, so you can see by yourself ;) Anyway, 5$ a month is very cheap.

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 3:56 pm
Cyote, nice to hear. I'm sorry I was not that clear. In the past I recursed my drive and selected all songs not yet analysed, then started the analyse process. When I came back some hours later my VDJ was not open anymore. I tried it again some times, but after a while VDJ just closes. There were also some others with the same problem.
So I decided to select about 100 songs analyse them. Save the database, close VDJ open it up again and analyse the next 100 and so on.

This was a time ago, so I don't know if this problem still exists or is already solved.
Ewout

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 6:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Now i advise you to use the keyboard shortcut "savedatabase()" instead of closing VDJ ;-)

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 8:49 pm
DJ Cel I use that shortcut (ctrl+s in my setup, like lots of other apps). But it seems there is (was?) a sort of memory leak after closing and opening again lots of memory was free again.
Ewout

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 9:43 pm
Does someone know good flatrate music site? I though napster woud be the best but it's country oriented:
I looked at the search machine before i registered and look for 2 different and, i gessed hard to find songs, a spanish punk band called "boicot" (i love the song "cualquier dia") and the soundtrack of L-WORD series (my girlfriend loves it) it found both so i though "cool" i suscrived for the 14€ monthly and first of all the software came in german (i'm from bracelona butlive in munich) then i serarched again... the songs weren't there anymore. So i've called the hotline and asked them why did i have a german software when i was never in "napster.de" but in "napster.com" and why couldn't i found the songs i looked for, they say that the registration form reas where the IP comes from and you register for that country and only can download music from their pool. I though the good thing about internet is to conect with the world, if i want to buy super hits i can go down to the music store but what about if i want to buy, say, polynessian music that i cant find here? Wel after a disscussion with the hot line and talking also with his superor, i asked for a cancellation and a refund (which they did perfectly)
I found that emusic is good because has music not so popular and from everywhere but is there anything better for all kinds of music?
Thanks!!!
Oh one more question, if you buy music through internet like in napster, can you actually play it in a public place like a normal cd? (i don't play in public places but i always wondered)
Thaks a lot!!!

Posted Sun 28 May 06 @ 10:52 pm
Take Napster for example, say you pay the $14 a month, you are then LEASING music which is as I understand it LEGAL. Now that can be false if the venue you work for does not pay their licensing fees with ASCAP and such. I use Napster all the time some songs I do buy cause they are BUY only.

Posted Mon 29 May 06 @ 5:08 am
thanks for the info!!!
As i said i don't DJ professionally but i've seen people DJing with laptops and burned CD's and wondered if they could have trouble if they don't have the originals (that's what police used to ask before) because they bought the musik in internet.
Back to Napster i couldn't even find the songs after i registered ... well. In this forum i just found dance-tunes.com and looks quite good, i'm gonna check it!

Posted Mon 29 May 06 @ 1:22 pm
If they bought the music and where they did allows them to play the tracks, I don't see the problem of burning in cd's. Is a way to back-up the tracks.

Posted Mon 29 May 06 @ 1:31 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Signed up with Napster today, thought I'd try it out and see what it's like with VDJ...

The downloaded tracks seem to play ok, although the built in vdj napster search seems a little hit & miss, mostly seem to just get "error" on the player that I try to load a track onto.

The monthly license renewal thing makes it pretty useless in it's current form though - I can't see myself loading EVERY single Napster track into the decks once a month just to keep them alive, as I certainly can't rely on there being a working internet connection at every gig I play. I see that with the Napster to Go subscription, if you keep your tunes on a Napster-compatible mp3 player, all you have to do is sync the player up to your PC once a month, which sounds a lot less hassle than going through each track in your library manually. Maybe this is something that VDJ could improve on in a future release? For example, I keep my music on an external hard disk - it would be good if this drive could be "re-activated" monthly from my main PC.

(Apologies if I'm talking out of my a$$, this DRM stuff is a bit new and confusing to me!)

Posted Tue 30 May 06 @ 2:07 am
You do not have to load the tracks once a month. You need to just open Napster and download a song or do work in Napster and they will automatically re-new their licenses. Hope that helps. I usually go onto Napster a few times a month and have no problem. What I don't like is when they get rid of songs and we as customers have no way of knowing they are gone til we try to play them.

Posted Tue 30 May 06 @ 9:40 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
They get rid of songs? What's that about? That scares me immensely that somebody could have so much control over your computer.... This DRM thing is sounding more George Orwell the more I hear about it!

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 1:57 pm
OK, i must not understand. I currently have VDJ 3.4 and I use Yahoo. How do I use Yahoo on VDJ??? Global Database only pulls up Napster. So I am missing somthing. How do I do this?? Thank you in advance for the help.

Dj Jamm
Jamm All Nyte Entertainment

Posted Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 7:45 pm
THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD CHOOSE BETWEEN NAPSTER AND YAHOO ON YOUR GLOBAL DATA BASE. IS THEIR ANY INFO ON USING YAHOO FOR YOUR GLOBAL DATA BASE? THANKS.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:00 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@JTVIRTUALDJ
Please don't use your Caps lock when posting

Currently you can only use Napsters database

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:11 pm
Sorry about that cap thing... :) & thank you for answering my post.

thats too bad, it would be nice to be able to pick your own music service if your not a napster fan.
does anyone know if their is any talk about this ever being an option?

also I've heard good and bad about both napster and yahoo. does anyone have a preference when it comes to virtual dj? and if so why. thanks.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 2:49 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Thats no problem

as far as the Napster Vs Yahoo thing, I really don't use either one. I dislike anything with Digital Rights Managment I know Napster uses DRM what about Yahoo?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 2:58 am
It is DRM as well.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 12:26 am
91%