Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skip :( Tragedy - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a new motherboard on my notebook and now atomix doesn't skip! I use CMSS without any problem!
When atomixmp3 was skipping i tryed to disabilitate CMSS without good results...

Peroz

Posted Sun 04 May 03 @ 5:55 pm
Peroz, CMSS = ?

Posted Sun 04 May 03 @ 9:30 pm
CMSS is a function for a better audio: it is a feature of my extigy sound card. But atomixmp3 plays better without it.

Peroz

Posted Mon 05 May 03 @ 12:45 pm
av-danoHome userMember since 2003
Peroz - which motherboard did you have previously? and which one do you use now? (would be interesting to see if there is a common thread here with my eq)

Posted Tue 06 May 03 @ 2:37 am
JGAD144Home userMember since 2002
I had the same problem. Reloaded atomix on a new computer I bought from a pawn shop and had trouble with skipping. I finally cured the problem by opening the control panel/multimedia/devices/audio properties & midi properties. When I opened audio & midi properties I noticed the status dialog saying the device is enabled, but inactive due to a problem. So I disabled it and checked the box "do not use audio features on this device". I'm a happy camper now. Hope this works for you.

Posted Tue 06 May 03 @ 4:49 am
I don't know, sorry :( But I think they didn't change model of motherboard, they had simpy replaced it with a new one...

Peroz

Posted Tue 06 May 03 @ 7:43 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Peroz, Im happy to hear that your problem is solved now !
Now you can write in the General Forum ! lol

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 12:57 am
Porez. I know what your are experiencing is frustation and beleive me, I've been there myself, I am not too expert in computers but I had skip problems in the past and since I reformated my entire 120 GB hard drive and re-installed Win98SE (I try to update to Win2000 but Atomixmp3 did not work with it, so I went back to win98SE) I also loaded Atomixmp3 v2.2 which my dearest friend Yan-X provided for me, because I also lost one of my updates and well, that is a long story, I am a full version owner of Atomixmp3 since version 2.0 and I will admit, Atomixmp3 for sure needs a little more work and additions, but come on guys.......... You can't compare, with the price of the competition, you could buy three (3) Atomixmp3 full verions and still have $20 left to have a great lunch, besides you get these cool skins, effects, etc.. and most importantly, FREE updates for life. I know, you would probably think that I work for Atomixmp3, well guess what, I don't, I am simply put, a satisfied customer and proud user of Atomixmp3.

DjFeshifresh.

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 1:06 am
Sorry Peroz I miss spelled your name!

DjFreshifresh

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 1:26 am
Yea but i'm not sure at 100% that my skip problem is ok now. I'm testing a the moment. I'll tell you as soon as possible :)

Peroz

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 12:58 pm
Atomix skips again... :(

Peroz

Posted Sun 11 May 03 @ 8:17 pm
Ho shit !

Well, wait VDJ and it might works better than Atomix. Pray...

Posted Sun 11 May 03 @ 8:34 pm

Posted Mon 12 May 03 @ 2:43 pm
Hey Peroz, change the bitrate of your songs to see what happens. Use a lower and higher bitrate than the one your using now !
Besides, try wma format to see what happens..
No idea what else can we say !...

Posted Mon 12 May 03 @ 3:32 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Are your music files on the same drive as the os & Atomixmp3? Perhaps use a 2nd hard drive for your music archives.
(grasping at straws now)

Posted Mon 12 May 03 @ 4:51 pm
Thanx for all the suggestions, but atomixmp3 still keeps skipping :(

Peroz

Posted Wed 14 May 03 @ 8:48 pm
Do you have only the SoundBlaster Extigy ?
Why donĀ“t you try the basic sound config. of atomix..
D u have the skipping with all tracks ?
D u have it at the beggining or after playing for a while ?
Convert some files to wma to see what happens..
And finally write me an email to service@atomixmp3.com, please.+

Coco

Posted Fri 16 May 03 @ 7:05 pm
I've tried all the solutions you suggested... Without good results. Sometimes I think I'm waisting my time but I deeply belive in atomixmp3: for this reason I'm always here and I try to promote our beautiful software. I have spent too much time trying to solve this problem and now it's time to stop the fight. Atomixmp3 will always skip on my notebook; I'm praying for VDJ.
Thank you for all the suggestions.

Peroz "Official Skipper" ;)

Posted Fri 16 May 03 @ 11:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)