Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skip :( Tragedy - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Homeb!
I have skip problems (a small loop of the song) with atomixmp3 and my new notebook. I'm desperate cause i've tryed everything, but atomixmp3 skips. I can't use it!!

My notebook is a Pentium4 2 gig, 512 MB DDR ram, SoundBlaster Extigy, Video Ati Radeon 64 MB DDR; windows xp home...

No applications running, new drivers, new directx, turn off all hardware (lan card, integrated audiocard, ports, infrared, exc...), no usb hardware (except Extigy), os updated.... I have tuned all my hardware via software and software in order to stress less the system: videocard, soundcard, directx, OS... IRQ are not busy...

I have called Creative support and they say that it can' t be a problem of Extigy

Atomixmp3 skips with the integrated audio card too.

I have this kind of problem only with atomixmp3.

Help me please

I'm not the only one with this problem! DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!

THANX :)

Peroz

Posted Mon 06 Jan 03 @ 3:33 pm
DJgbhHome userMember since 2002
Have u checked ur hard drive if its packing up that could be it. I have always had a problem with anything creative try scandisk and defrag. I had a prob with a few songs to find out the ripper i was using wasing not compressing the files properely that could also be another prob

Posted Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 3:13 pm
I have a 30 GB hard disk with 8 GB in it. I have already formatted my HD (only OS and Atomixmp3 installed), full scandisc and defrag. My MP3 are ok: they work perfectly on others machines.

Tell me if there are no solutions: i'm believing it's a bug in atomixmp3.

Peroz

Posted Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 3:46 pm
Thanx mixalis for your support to me. I'm working on this problem since last August.
I've already reinstalled the OS 5 times.
I'm really unlucky and i'm quite sad about this prob, but I deeply believe in atomixmp3 and for this reason i'll never stop working with it, for it, for us.

Peroz

Posted Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 10:57 pm
it's a real tragedy indeed. I'm in a similar situation w/ an analogous setup (fast PC, clean OS, all devices disabled etc.) and the only official answer I got was to "disconnect all USB devices", after I explicitly stated that I use an external USB audio card (ego-sys U24). what good will it do us if the only way to make it stop skipping is not to use a USB card?

I hope you get better support. keep us posted.

g.

Posted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 2:04 am
Peroz, have look at DirectX diagnostic tools and reduce material acceleration. With w2000, it may works.

You have skips with all songs or only with mp3 higher 224? Try a song in 96kb for example or less.

Posted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 9:42 am
I have already worked with all the features of DirectX...
Skips with all mp3: no difference...
There is no resolution for this problem at the moment

Peroz

Posted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 11:26 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Maybe the problem is that your computer is to fast for Atomix? I remember some old programs not working correctly cuase the hardware was to fast...?? Na that can't be it. Maybe it is a driver conflict or something? Damn you paid money for a cool program and a lot more money for a cool laptop and then it does not work...just the reason why i have not bought Atomix yet....

Roderick

Posted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 4:52 pm
Peroz, ok for all features of DirectX but did you test the material acceleration (sorry, I don't know the English word) ?

You use certainly 3d fonction (with headphone), then try without 3d, only speaker. If pb, change the OS :(

I've also the same pb with w2000. Solution ? No solution (in my case). Creative drivers works (very) bad. TRy with another OS, w2000 ou w98se. On w98se, 3d fonction doesn't work with Creative card (request WDM drivers) then I had to buy a second sound card for headphones. No pb. With your pIV, no crash or blue screen, I use it since 1 year ago and no pb (pIV 1.8A --> 2.2, 256 DDR, i845D, SB1024 + PCI 128)

Phenryll... Dinosorus with his w98se special no bug edition :)
Good luck

Posted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 6:12 pm
Thanx PhenryII for your support!
I have tryed all software solutions: no good results.
I don't want to change OS: i have payed a lot for it and i' ll keep it. Creative is an excellent brand: i have problems only with atomixmp3 and my new notebook... I use an external mixer: i can't DJ without it... No solution for the moment for me cause i want a bug fix for atomixmp3.

Peroz

Posted Tue 28 Jan 03 @ 11:36 pm
MalsaleHome userMember since 2003
My OS is Win NT 4.0 and since that WIN 2000 is using WIN NT 4.0 Technology, I have the same problem as you. I use it on two computers my PC (WIN ME) and notebook (WIN NT) Only my PC works fine.

Just to let you know that a fix on this bug would be highly appriciated!!!

Posted Sat 01 Feb 03 @ 3:12 am
I agree with you 100%

Peroz

Posted Sat 01 Feb 03 @ 11:54 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It is deffinatly a problem with Creative. I just replaced my soundcard with an Audigy 2 and Atomix started skipping for the first time!!!

Posted Sun 02 Feb 03 @ 10:16 pm
DJ WhoHome userMember since 2003
Hey Peroz !

Have u tried switching ports ??
I had the same trouble, after buying a new Audigy card.
But i just switched ports, and now the damn thing works like a charm again :-)
I hope it works for you too :-)

Peace !!

DJ Who?

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 1:33 am
DJ WhoHome userMember since 2003
Hi again Peroz !

I meant slots...not ports.
I physically moved the card to another slot.
That worked !!

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 1:34 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I will give that a try, thanks!

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 8:22 pm
I have had the same problem and I have tried everything from using the program on my laptop and using the program on my home PC. I have tried uisng it on windows 98, windows 2000 and windows XP home. I too have the sound blaster extigy card on my laptop and I have the audigy on my home PC. This program does not work correctly! I have had no luck with technical support. After I email them they ask me for my serial number and user name and then never respond. The program has some really god intensions but until it is more reliable I can't use or reccomend it. Not to mention, with the new 2.2 version.....it loses the beatmatch consistantly.

DJ Troyka

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 5:12 am
No solution :(

Peroz

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 1:34 pm
I just used atomixmp3 2.2 last night and the night before it and both night it ran for 5 to 8 hours straight and I have not ran into any problems what so ever. I hope that you can find out the problem and it does workout for ya. The laptop I use is a Toshiba and I also got a sony that is the same set up and I got the 2.2 on it and its the work house of my operation and it keeps going and going like the bunny.

DJ E-Double take care and keep it real.

Posted Sat 08 Feb 03 @ 12:31 pm
This happen only on my new notebook (and it is REALLY powerfull). With my older Pentium 2 it was perfect! :(

Peroz

Posted Sat 08 Feb 03 @ 9:27 pm
34%