Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane Four VDJ Support - Page: 4
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Selected as best answer Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 6:03 am

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 1:52 pm
djfyahfyngaz wrote :
Adion wrote :
Rane Four support is now available in Early Access build 7524

If you don't have early access updates enabled, you can download it manually from
https://virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj8/pc64/early for pc
or
https://virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj8/mac/early for mac

I want to be the first to thank the VDJ team for the speed in which they worked on the support. I can't wait to use it but I had to thank you first.

Thank you so much for making it functional, one thing I wanted to ask is when in stem split mode, would it be possible to manipulate each deck individually, for example, I load a track put it in stem split, this clones the decks, putting the acapella on deck 1 and then the instruments load on deck 3, normal behavior. now what I want is the ability to then hit deck 1 or 3 while in stem split, then hit slip mode, and perhaps scratch the vocal while the instruments continue playin and vice versa.. currently in the current implementation, touch the jog will manipulate both decks even if a specific deck is selected, in this example it scratches on both decks instead of the single deck...not sure if this is possible but I kno on Serato it is as ive tried on both. I am aware this can be done by cloning to the other side, and choosing only acapella or instruments to manipulate. feel it would jus be easier in stem split.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 3:30 pm
Mixology82 wrote :
djfyahfyngaz wrote :
Adion wrote :

If you don't have early access updates enabled, you can download it manually from
or

I want to be the first to thank the VDJ team for the speed in which they worked on the support. I can't wait to use it but I had to thank you first.

Thank you so much for making it functional, one thing I wanted to ask is when in stem split mode, would it be possible to manipulate each deck individually, for example, I load a track put it in stem split, this clones the decks, putting the acapella on deck 1 and then the instruments load on deck 3, normal behavior. now what I want is the ability to then hit deck 1 or 3 while in stem split, then hit slip mode, and perhaps scratch the vocal while the instruments continue playin and vice versa.. currently in the current implementation, touch the jog will manipulate both decks even if a specific deck is selected, in this example it scratches on both decks instead of the single deck...not sure if this is possible but I kno on Serato it is as ive tried on both.

That is what the stems_split_unlink action does, after you have entered stems_split "mode"
After you trigger that, the split stems run independently when it comes to scratching, hotcue jumping, braking and so on
When you then trigger it a second time it goes back to the locked stems_split mode, and the leading deck for this transition (back to being locked together), will be the deck you trigger the "relinking" on, by turning the unlink off again

I'm not sure if this unlink action is currently mapped on the Rane Four, and I have neither a Rane Four nor a VDJ hardware manual for the unit to check it on :) (I don't think the manual is ready yet)
But if you can't find the action on the unit, you can still test it by temporarily mapping stems_split_unlink to a custom button on the skin, and then click that after you have enabled stems split on the controller

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 3:44 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Mixology82 wrote :
djfyahfyngaz wrote :
Adion wrote :

or

Thank you so much for making it functional, one thing I wanted to ask is when in stem split mode, would it be possible to manipulate each deck individually, for example, I load a track put it in stem split, this clones the decks, putting the acapella on deck 1 and then the instruments load on deck 3, normal behavior. now what I want is the ability to then hit deck 1 or 3 while in stem split, then hit slip mode, and perhaps scratch the vocal while the instruments continue playin and vice versa.. currently in the current implementation, touch the jog will manipulate both decks even if a specific deck is selected, in this example it scratches on both decks instead of the single deck...not sure if this is possible but I kno on Serato it is as ive tried on both.

That is what the stems_split_unlink action does, after you have entered stems_split "mode"
After you trigger that, the split stems run independently when it comes to scratching, hotcue jumping, braking and so on
When you then trigger it a second time it goes back to the locked stems_split mode, and the leading deck for this transition (back to being locked together), will be the deck you trigger the "relinking" on, by turning the unlink off again

I'm not sure if this unlink action is currently mapped on the Rane Four, and I have neither a Rane Four nor a VDJ hardware manual for the unit to check it on :) (I don't think the manual is ready yet)
But if you can't find the action on the unit, you can still test it by temporarily mapping stems_split_unlink to a custom button on the skin, and then click that after you have enabled stems split on the controller

ah ok I will check to see if its mapped, thanks for the info!!

update mapped the unlink function to a button I dont use, and it works as expected.!

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:05 pm
Mixology82 wrote :
update mapped the unlink function to a button I dont use, and it works as expected.!

Ok, cool :)

But it's a little strange that it's not pre-mapped. I would think it would be mapped on these buttons somehow:

... like adding options to do things similar to what is shown starting at 27:40 in this video:

Maybe we'll know more when the VDJ hardware manual becomes available :)

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Fixed now, after restarting VirtualDJ the factory default mapper should be updated automatically

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:32 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
I would think it would be mapped on these buttons somehow:

It will get added there.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Manual for Rane FOUR is under development right now. It will be ready within the next 24-36 hours.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:33 pm
Adion wrote :
Fixed now, after restarting VirtualDJ the factory default mapper should be updated automatically

THANKS!!

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:35 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
I would think it would be mapped on these buttons somehow:

It will get added there.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yea thats the default behavior in Serato, thanks for the quick updates and progress!

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:36 pm
Just a quick note:
In order to turn it off (and join the decks back together, but keep stems_split active) just click the blinking deck button.
I'm saying this because in Serato after you unlink the decks you click the "STEMS SPLIT" button to link them again.
In VirtualDJ you just click the deck button instead

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:39 pm
Mixology82 wrote :
Adion wrote :

THANKS!!

That was crazy fast :)

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:39 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just a quick note:
In order to turn it off (and join the decks back together, but keep stems_split active) just click the blinking deck button.
I'm saying this because in Serato after you unlink the decks you click the "STEMS SPLIT" button to link them again.
In VirtualDJ you just click the deck button instead

Yup I figured it out, its working!

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 4:42 pm
Awesome job on getting the Rane Four tied in. It was hell using Serato for the last two weeks. Thnx people and staff of VDJ!

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 1:19 am
I bought my Rane Four and knew like I knew it was the best decision. Now that support for the rane is out, I love it even more.

Thank you guys. Loving VDJ!!!

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 5:09 am
Wow, just download the RANE FOUR update and quick testing tonight...looking great so far and cant THANK the VDJ people of how they did this update so quick. VDJ for Life!

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 6:04 am

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 6:05 am
FANTASTIC..It is AWESOME that a Company has its finger on the pulse of its Client Base.. !!Bout to save and get a INFINITY LICENSE !!! THANK YOU VIRTUAL DJ THANK YOU ATOMIXX!!

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 10:16 am
This controller looks awesome. Conversation was going well with the wife until £1649 was mentioned. Oh well .........

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 10:29 am
Have you guys tested the pads screens yet?
Do they work great?

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 12:06 pm
76%