Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane Four VDJ Support - Page: 1
I know virtually any controller is midi-mappable with VDJ, but has anyone tried playing around with the Rane Four yet on VDJ? Something I loved about the Roland 707m is that as soon as I plugged it in there was already a native mapping for it. Anyone know if there's something similar for the Rane Four?

Posted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 8:34 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 6:03 am[ selected best answer by PhantomDeejay on Tue 11 Apr 23 @ 11:47 am ]
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no official support for Rane Four at the moment.
Is it in our plans of course but we cannot provide any ETA at this point.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 2:35 pm
My Rane Four just arrived. I will give it a run tomorrow and see what happens with VDJ. I’m sure the VDJ guru’s will have something out soon.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 2:11 am
A bit like trying to run a car without petrol. You can clearly see it's not supported as stated by the Development Manager in the post directly above yours.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 9:55 am
hope so soon. I get mine delivered tomorrow & I'm NOT a big fan of using Serato software But, I will try it out on it till there's support for it.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 4:04 pm
Rane 4 not available for virtual DJ yet maybe in 2 months there's no drivers or support for it

Posted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 7:29 pm

Posted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 7:47 pm
Those are OS drivers not drivers for VDJ.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 3:56 pm
VDJ does not need drivers. It needs a definition and mapping to support a controller and those are totally separate things.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 3:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As wrote above, there will be official support in VirtualDJ (as plug n play) for this device, but we cant estimate when.
If you only use VirtualDJ, then it's obvious that you need to wait before purchasing or if already have perhaps consider returning the device.

At this point i can't say much about our cooperation with Rane (and inMusic in general) but in the future if VirtualDJ is your favorite software and you don't want to see delays in supporting, feel free to ask the manufactures why VDJ support is not a priority for them.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 4:34 pm
Id like to say this. I’m a fan of the what the rane four has to offer. It’s exciting . But why is it that the DJ community literally forgot about what the rane one and REV7 offered to us with their motorized platters. Everyone was so happy about it . Now we’ve almost kicked out the R1 and REV7 for the new kid on the block who doesn’t even have motorized platters. What’s your Guys thoughts

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 5:19 pm
Personally I would have preferred it to have motorized platters but I'm sure they'll release a NS7 replacement at some point with full spec.

The whole in-music product line is a total mess to be honest.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 5:23 pm
user26221342 wrote :
kicked out the R1 and REV7 for the new kid on the block

It's all about the stems. Because this new one has dedicated stems buttons, they're going crazy over it.

There's apparently a Pioneer one on the way too, with stems buttons (FLX-10) so Pio fans are getting excited about Rekordbox having stems processing.

Doesn't bother me as using VDJ I have all the stems control I need. Pads, FX, EQ. No dedicated buttons required.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 6:11 pm
I only bought the Rane four because the pioneer machine that I want is out of stock till god know when. So I guess I’ll have to wait for vdj to release support

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 6:35 pm
I think the R4 will be a solid machine like the R1. It will be a more solid 1000SRT RANE type . The 1000srt is maybe the most beloved controller since its inception. I don’t care about stem buttons at all . Like really who cares . VDJers have been stemming from the EQ knobs since yesterday .

Answer this guys . Prime 4 or RANE 4 .

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 11:14 pm
djdad wrote :
As wrote above, there will be official support in VirtualDJ (as plug n play) for this device, but we cant estimate when.
If you only use VirtualDJ, then it's obvious that you need to wait before purchasing or if already have perhaps consider returning the device.

At this point i can't say much about our cooperation with Rane (and inMusic in general) but in the future if VirtualDJ is your favorite software and you don't want to see delays in supporting, feel free to ask the manufactures why VDJ support is not a priority for them.

The last sentence is interesting:

"Ask the (hardware) manufacturers why VDJ support is not a priority for them"

I feel like Atomix devs have more of a say/more knowledge in this than the average consumer. Such companies don't normally listen to single ppl normally unless u are well known (Jazzy Jeff, etc) or have large enough numbers/influence to affect pockets (which the majority of us probably don't/are not organized enough to do).

- What are other software companies doing to get these guaranteed collabs?
- What are all the things we can do as consumers (probably as a collective) to help get more fair play across the board for VDJ?

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 11:39 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :

- What are all the things we can do as consumers (probably as a collective) to help get more fair play across the board for VDJ?

What djdad said above..
If a respectful amount of people start asking the companies like Pioneer / Numark / Denon / Rane e.t.c. why they don't provide support for VirtualDJ, they will start reconsidering some of their policies.

The rest of your questions while they are absolutely logical to ask, are not public info to disclose.

Summary: If enough people start asking for VirtualDJ support on hardware developer social channels it gives us more power to set things that need to be done in motion.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 11:14 am
Honestly . We don’t need to have press conference to request VDJ to do a Rane 4 or a FLX10 driver. These controller are the hottest news in the DJ world hands down.

News of the rane 4 has eclipsed the OPUS. VDJ is typically in tune w the streets so I’m assuming they got us covered and they will release notice of compatibility very soon. I’m hopeful . How long did take for the REV7 to be available on VDJ when the REV7 became available for sale. If DJAY gets the rane 4 before VDJ then we know something is wrong .

Posted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 5:55 pm
user26221342 wrote :
request VDJ to do a Rane 4 or a FLX10 driver

As stated earlier in this thread, Atomix don't supply drivers.

Rane Four drivers are supplied by Rane. FLX-10 drivers will be supplied by Pioneer.

When Atomix add native support for DJ hardware, it involves mapping and definition files, not drivers.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 6:19 pm
It seems from reading between the lines that companies are not being overly enthusiastic about supporting Atomix mapping these controllers. Go hassle them on their channels instead of here,.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 6:29 pm
19%