Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Clipbank and TellyMedia - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It goes back to user confusion and we had been talking about the usefulness of deck effects in the general sense and how deck video effects have probably caused the most confusion in the overall sense. I pretty much tell users to run it on the master and it can be difficult to explain why there are anomalies like this. Anything text or boundary related suffers the most. Thanks for the confirmation that you will add a flag and an easy choice to just set that without user option for something like TV. Curious what you will do for your text related effects. Anything like slideshow or camera suffers too since generally you don't want images clipped or blurred and they should not be run on a deck anyway but how is anyone supposed to know that? Possibly a better way would have been to run the video on top of deck effects always unless the VDJFLAG_PROCESSLAST flag is set but you would still need a flag to control the resolution thing. You see how the VDJFLAG_PROCESSLAST should be saved deck specific? But the layering of the video is underneath always as it is now.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 3:06 pm
The TellyMedia addon and plus versions have been updated to TM 1.64.

o - It includes an extensive rework for audio only visualizations and has intelligence for tracking the visualization and making sure you do the right thing which is something that no other plugin has.

o - has an on / off switch for audio so you can completely turn audio off or on at any time. Probably best to have it off for audio only visualizations but mute works too. The on off switch is independent of mute.

o - fixes some problems with some video files which may have had loop problems or other things.

As of this post, the VDJ8 addon is waiting for approval but since TM is for VDJ7 or VDJ8, you can download from the VDJ7 addon site since the version for 7 and 8 is the same install.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16895/TellyMedia.html

The tellyvisuals website has been updated as well.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 6:00 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi Don, did you happen to have a look to see if the visuals would go into those empty deck windows with this update, be great if you have. Or is it not possible, Scotts sanity is on the line here... lol.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 6:21 pm
Tayla it is not possible using sanity as a measure :) You could do it but I feel like it is not something that would work well for a number of reasons. The best thing would be for VDJ to have a setting for it but feel that is unlikely. Since TM has extreme smarts now for dealing with audio only visualizations, I would have no problem adding something as you suggest but can't see that happening with no cost. In other words, very clumsy, unnecessary CPU usage, and more.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 6:30 pm
gabycorreaPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2010
Don Moir,thanks for the great work you've done, enabling us to start using your plugin version 8.1 stable and reliable. and thanks to colleagues who bowed to the request to have something to work with our views.
cordial greetings to all

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 4:01 am
gaby, I had forgot to thank you here publicly and meant to do that with the above post. You stayed with it :) Too many times someone well make some comments and I will respond and then they are gone. I might miss some comments too but always available: donmoir@comcast.net

Gabriel and I have been testing for weeks and he did very professional testing. I would recommend Gabriel anytime for his professional approach and I know he will do a good job whatever the case may be.

Thank you Gabriel :) - gabycorrea

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 4:23 am
I use Clipbank all the time with vdj7. It works so well with slideshows and animated monograms I make. Just a click of the button and you could change from one to the other. I don't see why clipbank can't be added to vdj8. I mix videos but at certain times at receptions or a party I will switch back to a slideshow or animated monogram pr company logo. The slideshow plugin won't play some of the videos I make and the tellymedia plugin doesnt loop.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 7:03 am
What doesn't loop in TM? I did do a recent update and you need to start there.

They are slacking with the update for VDJ8 but you can download TM 1.64 from the VDJ7 addon site. It is the same installer for both VDJ7 and 8 so does not matter. Plus versions are also available and linked from my homepage. All latest versions of TM and TV are always immediately available from the telly visuals website and linked from my home page.

http://www.virtualdj.com/user/Don_Moir/index.html

TM 1.64 installer from VDJ7 addon site.. It is for both VDJ7 and VDJ8 so does not matter where you download it from.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16895/TellyMedia.html

Also if you have a problem I am here or at donmoir@comcast.net to respond. Just another thing you did not have with clipbank.

Continuous updates are made for TM and TV and most of that goes into the Plus versions. But I updated the addon to TM 1.64 and will be updating the TV addon as well.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 8:41 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Don't no how I missed this so apologies for not replying to it at the time Scott....

Quote :
That reply doesn't make sense. The video sampler has absolutely nothing to do with the visualisation functionality. In theory, if you really wanted to do the method of working you want, you could use a repeat_start script and a seperate effect instance for each deck. I've not tested it, but it could work. Or I could create you a plugin that would manage this for you. The downside to this would of course be that the two effect instances would be seperate, so the image would differ between the two decks.

Obviously I would love to take you up on this offer Scott, anything has got to be better than blank screens. Cheers.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 12:32 pm

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 8:57 pm
excellent work!!!!! Thanks for your time, enjoy it now
best regards

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 10:09 pm
Thanks Gabriel.

Here are a few things about TellyMedia and how you can how you can use it in various ways.

As you know TellyMedia has 3 main tabs: Media, Carousel, and Camera. TellyMedia remembers the state of everything you do. You can make copies of TM and rename them to anything you want. When you install TM, the installer knows about any copies you might have made and updates them too keeping the names you have given them.

So lets say you would like TM to run like a clipbank only but with many more features and up to 48 (72 for plus) clips at a time. You could make a copy and call it TM_Clipbank or just Clipbank if you want. When next you bring up TM it is right where you left off. The media tab is pressed and all settings as you left.

You can do the same with Carousel and have TM_Slideshow if you like. Carousel can play many types of images including animated gif and animated png. Carousel also plays video and does this intelligently. Images typically are displayed with a time limit and video plays to completion before moving on. With Carousel you can have up to 5 folders listed for easy selection. You can pause Carousel and single step thru the images or video.

Again same with Camera. You could have TM_Camera. TM's Camera tab list all available cameras or capture devices that have a DirectShow filter on you computer for easy selection. It also list the resolution choices for the selected camera for easy selection. TM remembers the camera choices you have made. It also has green or blue screen detection for transparency. You can plug in and out cameras as often as you like in real time with no problem but don't try this with some other camera programs.

Almost all of the main functions of TM can be controlled by way VDJ of script. This information is available in the help for TM. A plugin that comes with help. It has an internal help system and there is a live person behind it that can help you with many things :)

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 11:03 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
SBDJ wrote :
Don Moir wrote :
Point about the video effects on decks being useless is it has caused much confusion. At first I thought it a good idea but seems it causes too many problems as it stands right now

It hasn't caused as much confusion as you believe. You are working on assumptions from a very limited sample size.

The problem is bigger than is being admitted. There is a problem here. Many of our conversations were also forcibly moved away from these forums by staff. Which is why the 8.1 PR statement "* Based on an independent study, which compared the number of crashes reported on various forums over the total number of users for each DJ software." is slightly slanted.

But I would like to add my name to this "short list, niche group" of video DJs who have issues here. It is short because people are telling you there is a problem and nothing has been discussed here to resolve the situation. It like the Democrats and Republicans of the USA, if they are both right who fixes the situation? If DJs can't offer a stable show, then they can't offer that as a feature.

I am trying use VDJ, TV, TM, Spout and Resolume to go after big professional video shows. Which means I need tested plugins long in advance to meet my show SLAs, so I can then design my sets and get back to making people dance.

SBDJ wrote :
Video is extremely simple, unless you choose to make it complicated. In it's simplest form you load a video on each deck and mix them. You can then expand from there depending on your skills and requirements.

I don't "choose to make it complicated" as much as I choose to offer things that average DJs in my area don't or can't so that I can get in the door as the DJ during these big gigs too. After all, anyone can press play / sync / {insert feature here}. My wife does that if I need to step away.

Video hardware, clips and visual artistry easily set me aside from competition here. I don't think there are many people driving to do bigger things like we are because it is complicated and respectfully, unstable at times. So people don't take the risk. Help us fix that so that we can be better performers.

Just frustrated at all the denying and I just can't sit back and read silently anymore.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 8:27 pm
totally I agree, which is why I am insisting both
they should work more part of the video, thanks again to DON for your hard work for us
best regards

I also take this opportunity, greet all
for Christmas and New Year, congratulations to all
gabriel

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 1:41 am
DHoude wrote :
SBDJ wrote :

[quote=SBDJ]Video is extremely simple, unless you choose to make it complicated. In it's simplest form you load a video on each deck and mix them. You can then expand from there depending on your skills and requirements.

I don't "choose to make it complicated" as much as I choose to offer things that average DJs in my area don't or can't so that I can get in the door as the DJ during these big gigs too. After all, anyone can press play / sync / {insert feature here}. My wife does that if I need to step away.

Video hardware, clips and visual artistry easily set me aside from competition here. I don't think there are many people driving to do bigger things like we are because it is complicated and respectfully, unstable at times. So people don't take the risk. Help us fix that so that we can be better performers.

Just frustrated at all the denying and I just can't sit back and read silently anymore.

THIS!!!

This is what Ive been saying for a few years now!! Its like they (VDJ/Atomix) want us to settle with Being MEDICORE!! Its like no one on top actually pushes the limits of this software!! And Im talking everything from the video output quality, to lack of quality fx's both adio and video and the list goes on!! Enough is enough already, ATOMIX NEEDS TO STEP THIS GAME UP!! Stop talking down to us and always telling us its our machines or our hardware or some other BS excuse, FIX IT ALREADY!! I will never use this program live!!

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 3:11 am
Huey, things have moved on.

The first ipods were a "niche" product. It felt special to have one as you were ahead of the curve. Apple are now a corporate giant and it's not the same now.

It felt like that to me too when I first started using VDJ in 2008 after 8 years using BPM Studio. The community was strong and it felt like a family more than a business. Sadly since then things have changed. Atomix are no longer "niche" or push any boundaries. They are now a corporate entity chasing the most revenue possible, and unfortunately that means developing your software to the lowest common denominator. The 8.1 release and the utterly BS statement from Stephane surrounding it tells us everything.

In my personal experience, some of the staff are extremely helpful (Babis for example) but others see us as old school troublemakers. The software has moved on to a new place and we or our suggestions for improvement are not welcome any more.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 10:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
The software has moved on to a new place and we or our suggestions for improvement are not welcome any more.

That's not true at all, I guess I'd better remove one of your requests from an upcoming build :p

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 1:48 pm
Gabriel, you had asked in another thread about GoPro. I sent them an email in November 2014 and this is what they said:

Hi Don

Thank you for getting in touch with us and for your interest in taking full advantage of the features of your GoPro camera.

To my understanding what you are trying to do is to stream live feeds directly from your camera to your Windows multimedia software via Wi-Fi, is that correct?

If the answer is yes, I should let you know that even do we have heard of a few methods out there that could allow you to do so, It is not something that we actually support since its not a feature of the any of the GoPro cameras. we have been getting a lot of feedback surrounding this type of use and we'll pass it along for future consideration.

Please let me know if this answer your question or if you have any other inquiry.

Maybe it is time to make the "other inquiry". Underneath TM there is the ability to connect to video streams such as IP cameras and while the GoPro may not be exactly this, it is probably similar.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 5:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Don, just a quick question:
Is it possible to get a flashing/ blinking text with TV?

Posted Fri 11 Dec 15 @ 2:45 pm
I used to have a blink setting in TV for some things but removed it quite a long time ago because it was kind of a patch and when I went to completely new text rendering I removed the blink. The new implementation will have more text effects though and one reason I completely redid the text handling and rendering. TM and TV have been about tool building for newer applications and don't have the time to do everything at once.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 15 @ 3:11 pm
74%