Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Clipbank and TellyMedia - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :
Don't no how I missed this so apologies for not replying to it at the time Scott....

Quote :
That reply doesn't make sense. The video sampler has absolutely nothing to do with the visualisation functionality. In theory, if you really wanted to do the method of working you want, you could use a repeat_start script and a seperate effect instance for each deck. I've not tested it, but it could work. Or I could create you a plugin that would manage this for you. The downside to this would of course be that the two effect instances would be seperate, so the image would differ between the two decks.

Just thought I'd bump this one mate, just in case you missed it first time.... cheers.

Obviously I would love to take you up on this offer Scott, anything has got to be better than blank screens. Cheers.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 15 @ 9:34 pm
Did you know TellyMedia can be used for video logos?

You can create video logos with transparency and since you can easily change the size and placement of anything in TM, you can use a video logo to give you a professional look. You can loop your logo endlessly or have multiple logos or videos that play in succession. You can use video or static images or animated png or animated gif. The following image shows a video 'mov' logo created by Charlie Taylor for his personal use. It is animating the whole time with transparency and shadows rolling thru so makes a good overlay. I have resized and placed the media so it will display in lower right. This is done in the layout tab.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 3:23 pm
Yeah the possibilities are endless as long as your creative.

Here's my latest layout,

Got a lot going on but I think it looks pretty good. Just wish we had a Mac version ;-p

Some of this stuff I can't even do with SDJ and Mix Emergency!! Eitherway this plugin is so badass, highly recommend it to any video dj out there.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 4:08 pm
Looking good Huey :)

Been working on combining TM and TV for both multiple cameras, video, etc. from TM and layout capabilities from TV into a consistent layout. TM is limited to one camera at a time but there are no limits with that in the underlying code base. For the new app I will be adding more abilities. It is a complete rewrite and looking at mac compatibility as I go but that does not mean mac will be instantly available. It means I am restructuring the code in the generic sense to make it mac ready. All if this is great deal of work for one person and I also have to earn a living. The work is no problem for me and it is what I do 24/7 but there is only so much time in a day and programming is one of most time consuming task there is. The new app is not about racing thru it to just get anything out.

I can visualize this as a very unique application and I am excited about getting it done but will take time.

EDIT: While I am creating a new application and trying to earn a living, I continue to update the existing TellyVisuals and TellyMedia. I also started on some Android development. Also looking at adding IP camera support to TM Plus. For example, I am currently using my Android phone as an wireless IP video camera. There are other ways using PocketCam and DroidCamX but think the IP way is the way to go. Also looking at direct connect to GoPro. There are usually several things in testing all the time and that too takes time before it arrives in an application.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 4:41 pm
Thanks Do and yeah I was just pulling your strings with the Mac comment, lol!!

But looking forward to thenful stand all e also.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 5:16 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Thanks Do and yeah I was just pulling your strings with the Mac comment, lol!!

Quite fine Huey. Everyone needs yelling at every now and then including me :) I do take the comments to heart and do what I can with the time I have available.

I used to work on mac's around 1993-1994. You know when Steve Jobs was no longer with apple, Intel had surpassed the Motorola chips with true multi-tasking and real memory management and Apple was touting their business machines lol... we just about died laughing about that and figured apple was on it's way out... Steve Jobs came back after and reinvented the company once again as we know and a true hero.

At the time I was working for a multi-media company. Disney had approached us because the Lion King game for mac was getting bad press because of crashing etc. Mostly I worked late into the evening and on weekends but this particular Friday I was going to leave early and spend the weekend with my family. Boss comes in just before I was about to leave and tells me about the Disney thing. He says take this Disney Lion King game for mac and convert it over to our stuff and see what you can do with it by Monday. Disney will be back then. GEEZE so me and another guy started ripping the asserts off the CD and played it over and over on a mac so we could get the flow of game etc. By Monday it was about 95 percent complete. We also added to it and made it do more. When Disney came back, they were impressed by how much we had done in such a short time and they noticed the improvements and we now had a Disney contract which led to mac development. Now boss says, Don take all of our stuff and convert it to mac and you have exactly 6 months to do it. You probably already know that times for computer programs always slip but this date had to be met. All the time the rest of the programmers kept ribbing me saying you will never make it. We were all very close and ribbing each other was just part of it. It was finished on the exact target date. Meeting an absolute date like this had never happened before and has never happened since for me :)

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 5:31 pm
gabycorreaPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2010
today more than ever, I repeat thanks for your time !!!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family
that next year will be prosperous
best regards
gabriel

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 9:56 pm
"At the time I was working for a multi-media company...
...this had never happened before and has never happened since for me :)"

I'm following your threads just because of these stories... Cool stuff! Hope you'll start some kind of a blog ;-)

Posted Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 2:34 pm
Would you support MP3+LRC (enhanced) karaoke in TellyMedia? Without Flash? VDJ supports only MP3 + simple LRC...

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 1:54 pm
I will be supporting LRC (enhanced and basic) in a new application / plugin that combines features from TM and TV and more. TM and TV have been building blocks for this for a long time now.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 1:58 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
weirdjay wrote :
Would you support MP3+LRC (enhanced) karaoke in TellyMedia? Without Flash? VDJ supports only MP3 + simple LRC...

Just wondering, where do you find enhanced lrc files?

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 2:12 pm
http://stage.elsdoerfer.com/elrcmaker/

Personally, I've made a thousands of them... There are other people's, too... But, you can't get access to them, sorry... Unless you create some... That's how it goes.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 3:33 pm
Image saying Merry Christmas to you all of course :) Showing VDJ playing video in the background, TM playing an enhanced lrc file as a flash SWF that WJ and I put together years ago, with TV on top displaying a text panel with animated snow fall GIF and TV using mirror tile for effect.

WIth TV inactive. Above could be used as a quick Merry Christmas without interrupting anything. As I am writing this I am thinking that some of Tayla has rubbed off on me and doing a sales pitch which is an important thing :)

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 4:23 pm
Geez, it's still the best looking karaoke I've ever seen... 'Losing my religion', ain't it? Who would've seen that rich Apple dude coming and pissing all over it? ;-) But, we're still alive and poor! Mary Xmass, everyone!

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 4:49 pm
Yeah Losing My Religion and Merry Christmas :)

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 5:05 pm
Merry Christmas Don, hope everything went well!! I'm laying here wore out, these kids I tell ya, lmao!!

Anyways I have a quick question.

Is it possible to use 2 identical webcams with 2 instances of TM running??

I ask because I have a Logitech C70 and it puts out a great picture. I want to get another but not sure if I can use both at the same time since they are identical .

Have to tried this or know of any other users who have??

Thanks for the time and info!!

Posted Sat 26 Dec 15 @ 5:00 am
Happy Holidays Huey... Sounds like you will need a rest after though :)

It should work with 2 or more identical cameras and they should be labeled by TM as Logitech C70 1 and Logitech C70 2. Have tested it before but not with Logitech but assuming there is no driver issues it should work.

Posted Sat 26 Dec 15 @ 11:57 am
Awesome!! That's what I was hoping to hear

Posted Sat 26 Dec 15 @ 2:10 pm
Hello Don, its me again, lmao!!

I think I've asked this before but don't remember, when using iWall is there a way within TV I can split up text messages from twitter/instagram messages??

Meaning each have their own window.

Thanks for an awesome plugin and your time

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 3:50 pm
You did ask before and maybe I blew it off by saying something like "It would be possible" but never did anything about it. The way things are going it is probably not something I would want to spend any time on now. My goals are to eliminate iWall, IMU, and PB but that will be a long time from now. Also the goal is to create a new application / plugin that combines TM and TV and still working on that. I am trying to keep changes to the current TV and TM to a minimum and eventually put them to rest.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 4:05 pm
88%