Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: freestyler8 - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 1:43 pm
I cant seem to get this to work. Always says 0 Songs geladen. Does it work with English language databases?

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 12:29 pm
musicalcheers wrote :
I cant seem to get this to work. Always says 0 Songs geladen. Does it work with English language databases?

As far as I know, there is no difference between english or german database.
Did you import the VDJ8 database with the old (VDJ7 syntax) Freestyler commands in it?

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 5:27 pm
No, not a manual import. I think vdj8 does it automatically when you install, or is there another way?

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 8:19 pm
Here is a video. Hopefully this will help to figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 9:11 pm
What I could see is (ooops I am a bit seasick from watching the video ;-), everything looks good your are doing but the converter cant find your Freestyler entries.
For further investigations you should send me a pm with your database attached and I will try to convert it.

Thomas

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 12:03 pm
Thanks Thomas - just wondering if you received my PM? Any luck with the file?

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 8:48 pm
I already answered to your pm but it looks like I am not able to send pm's to others.
Your issue is fixed and I have a new version of th converter tool, did you have a dropbox to upload it?

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 9:52 am
SBDJ, nice work on the Freestyler plugin

I have been working on a C# app (VS 2015) to control my lights.
I am using a USB to serial converter and Max485 chip to send out DMX and it works great
The only thing is that I want to figure out how to access the beat data that your plugin ends to freestyler.
I can use Freestyler and the beat does change the cues but I would prefer to use my custom software because it is a very simplified GUI customized to my small light show.

I was thinking that I could monitor TCP traffic on localhost on port 3334 (I cant remember) and see the beat pulse data coming in and capture it but dont see anything

Any tips?

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 12:50 am
Thanks Thomas, I really appreciate the work you did sorting the converter. Please could you upload it online somewhere so I can give it a try?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 7:41 am
musicalcheers wrote :
Thanks Thomas, I really appreciate the work you did sorting the converter. Please could you upload it online somewhere so I can give it a try?

New version of Freestyler Command Converter is approved and in download area available.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 9:00 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I haven't been able to get my android to control freestyler in quiet sometime. Does the latest version of the plugin work like a remote and therefore overrides the android remote? If I'm trying to connect the android remote and click disconnect all, it connects, but then I loose my beat info from vdj. I had them both working at some point, but I'm not having any luck now.

It's possible that I set something up different when I started using a new laptop, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Any help would be great.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 5:10 am
A super-handy plugin, thanks for your hard work!

I've noticed that while playing a track, some cue points are missed (not sent).
But if I slowly jog over the cue point, it gets sent very reliably.

I wrote a little TcpListener to monitor the output.
Beats are very reliable, as well.

Have you seen this before?
Is there something I should be doing differently?

Many thanks!

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 2:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Seems strange, the Macro points in v8 shouldn't be missed at all. I'll do some testing and see if I can replicate.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 7:33 pm
I appreciate it, let me know if I can provide anything.
and yes, it is v8

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 8:29 pm
Maybe your dmx interface cant keep up. I used to get that when I had the cheap enttec box but much better with dmxking interface. Is it only when you have cue points close together?

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 8:37 pm
Not a bad thought, and yes, I am using a pretty cheap DMX interface.
However, I don't even have the DMX hooked up right now, I'm directly inspecting the TCP packets being sent from the Freestyler Plugin.

Because the beat data is so reliable, I don't question my TCP inspection process.

The beat signals are rock solid. I've tested from 10 - 210 bpm, and the beats keep sending.

I have the cues right between the beats, only testing with two cues about 10 seconds apart.
I thought if I slowed the song down, it'd have more time to process and be more reliable.
Seems that it's less reliable at slow speeds and somewhat reliable at higher speeds (+100%).
The sweet spot I've found to be the most reliable for me is +30% speed.

I can't figure out why it will send out beat messages at a very rapid rate, but will miss cues at a much slower speed.
Running on an i7-3770K @3.5GHz + 32G RAM.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 12:42 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In the v8 plugin you use action POI which means they are activated by VDJ itself, rather than the plugin. So either they aren't being activated (easy test, change the action to something you can see happen in VDJ) or my plugin is somehow missing the activation.

I will do some testing on this today :)

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 7:47 am
What I have seen is that two Poi's within one beatgrid doesn't work. Only the first Poi will be recongnized by the FreeStayler plugin and the second will be lost. So when you speed up your song the beatgrid will be smaller and the chance to have only one Poi in the grid will be higher.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 9:18 am
SBDJ: Thanks for testing. I will try some triggering within VDJ.
Update: Can't get it to fail when using the Action Points to change pitch or goto time position.

Thomas: That intuitively makes sense to me as well, but strangely, I was having better luck getting all of the triggers when playing at a faster speed than normal.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 12:51 pm
59%