Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: freestyler8 - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It's not really 100% a VDJ thing, because it's a big part Freestyler, but I would really like to see a Tutorial Video of the possibilities and more samples of how to use the commands etc. I use Freestyler for years now, but always use it with a mouse and a lot of clicks the whole evening :)

Now I have to many lights to click on whole evening so I'm going to make some scenes now and cue's LOL That;s why I'm very interested now in how to use VDJ to trigger Freestyler options, scenes, lights, command or whatever. The S2L is working. tried that, but just as mentioned earlier in this topic.. The most songs have a BPM that is too fast for me and would like to set it "in half" or something like that.

My guests would go epileptic when I let the VDJ beat control my lights...

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 9:03 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Let me see if I can find some time before the week is out to put something together. I still have w backup solution in another thread to post on.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 9:55 am
Are people looking at how to get the VDJ plugin to connect to Freestyler (local, remote), the command structure, or just examples?
I've never done a screen capture video, so that would take a little more time to put together. I have a 10 day event to get ready for at the end of July that is going to take a bit of this month to prep for. However, a bunch of it will be lighting shows, with two nights that I will probably want to control with VDJ.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 6:07 pm
blckjck wrote :
Are people looking at how to get the VDJ plugin to connect to Freestyler (local, remote), the command structure, or just examples?

I just made a video myself because many people are asking how it works.. It's not a very detailed video, but I tried a basic setting on my pc here and wanted to share this with you guys.
I used the local installed VDJ and Freestyler software only. So I didn't had a controller (or other soundcard) connected in this video.

Maybe you have to change the sound card settings in Freestyler when connected to a (external) soundcard / controller, but I assume people will find out themselves ?

I will try the Freestyler plugin network connection soon, because I use a seperate laptop with Freestyler installed. I'm very curious how that works and after that I will try to use macro points in VDJ music files to trigger commands in Freestyler. If people are interested enough, maybe I will make a video of that options too (on the same unprofessional level as this video).

If you think the video was a waste of time, I'm sorry and you don't have to tell me that ;)

Don't know how to embed so here's the link:
https://youtu.be/F4V_ZJ_3Obk

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 8:15 am
royvanmeel wrote :
Maybe you have to change the sound card settings in Freestyler when connected to a (external) soundcard / controller, but I assume people will find out themselves ?

You do not have to set up any sound stuff in Freestyler. When remote controlled by VDJ, the beat grid and commands are sent over TCP/IP even in local mode.

royvanmeel wrote :
I will try the Freestyler plugin network connection soon, because I use a seperate laptop with Freestyler installed. I'm very curious how that works and after that I will try to use macro points in VDJ music files to trigger commands in Freestyler.

It works the same as if it was running locally. You turn off the local setting in the plugin and enter the remote computers IP address.

The forum uses BBCode (Bulitin Board Coad), but not all of the shortcuts are below. To embed you use url tags.
So, url in [] to begin, then /url in [] to end
https://youtu.be/F4V_ZJ_3Obk

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 9:13 am
Here you go,

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 10:14 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Here you go,

Thank you!

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 10:17 am
[quote=beatbreaker1]Here you go,

Have you switched to freestyler from showxpress now? Just wondering!

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 12:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've just updated this plugin slightly to v3.2. In doing so I had to change it's download location, so that has been updated on the first page (it's under effects now, not tools).

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80275

New features:

* Option to send the bpm at half speed for sound to light
* Initial Mac support (it's missing the script generator at the moment)

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 2:40 pm
SBDJ wrote :
....New features:
* Option to send the bpm at half speed for sound to light.....

Whoehoe! That is great news!

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 2:46 pm
brianmidnite wrote :
[quote=beatbreaker1]Here you go,

Have you switched to freestyler from showxpress now? Just wondering!

Nope, not yet. Just been using a mouse with ShowXpress on another machine.

Still holding out for a ShowXpress plugin but fading fast........

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 3:24 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Here you go,

I misunderstood, lol.... I didn't even think about imbeding the video.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 5:26 pm
And here the second video.
How to use a Virtual DJ 8 Action point (sort of CUE point) in a song with a command to control Freestyler DMX software.

Note: it's the same kind of (unprofessional) tutorial with my personal findings. I hope I can help people understanding a bit what it does and how..
If you don't like it, I'm sorry but you don't have to tell me that ;)

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 1:57 pm
mankanPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi!
I've just update to the latest version of freestyler8 and arter that something strange happend.
I have à cue in freestyler which flash my scanners in on and off according to the beat.
It work flawless before the update but after IT seems to lacking, due to it no longer stick to flash according do each beat,

I have tried to switch on and off the "send half beat" option with out success.
I'm running the latest versions on both VDJ and Freestyler.
I'm running VDJ on on PC and Freestyler on another with a network conection beteende them for communication.

I'm greatfull for any tip about how to handle this.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 12:46 pm
As per the first post cue points for the previous version won't work in the newer version.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 8:35 am

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 4:33 am
Hi
May I ask for some help please?

I'm really struggling to get FreeStyler to accept TCP commands from a tool.

I've checked that FreeStyler is receiving data, but I just can't structure the commands correctly.

All I want to do is blackout FreeStyler.

The command I want to send is
FSOC002000

To 192.168.178.60
Port 3332

Any help you can give would be very welcomed.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 12:11 pm
MDAR-Tech wrote :
Hi
All I want to do is blackout FreeStyler.

Have you seen the Youtube video posted in this thread? The command in the example video is to black out Freestyler...

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 1:04 pm
He's not asking for plugin support, he's writing his own app to interface with freestyler. As such the best place for him to go would be here:

http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforum/

Personally I send a 13 character buffer containing the data (FSOCxxxyyy000) and it works for me :)

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 2:09 pm
I spent countless hours loading cue points to control the lights in vdj7. Is there likely to be any way in the future i could use those with vdj8, or would I have to do it all again the new way?

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 5:22 am
51%